Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-05-2008, 10:27 PM

anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?anna matronic knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
Pinot Grigio at 6.49 from Threshers. Disgraceful. But I finished my dissertation so deserved a drink
Old 07-05-2008, 10:37 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
Tonight I paid 4.45 for a pint of Weissbier served in a plastic glass in The Masons Arms in Battersea. Despite the plastic glass it tasted ok but I think it's the most expensive pint I've ever drunk in a pub in the UK.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Sodermalm
Tonight I paid 4.45 for a pint of Weissbier served in a plastic glass in The Masons Arms in Battersea. Despite the plastic glass it tasted ok but I think it's the most expensive pint I've ever drunk in a pub in the UK.
Blimey.

Were you overcharged?

Or, did the barmaid tug you off as she poured?
Old 07-05-2008, 10:45 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by lanepe
I would be honoured (although I think AJ above us is a sure bet) to appear there but sadly this is just the name of a bottle of wine rather than my inane rambling.

Anyway, the bottle is open now and I am preparing for my first sip.
Like a welsh secertary returning to cottage, I am oft transported to that corner.

As we speak, and as if to prove the point, I am veritably glugging the aforementioned Don Balbino '94 reserva and am delighted - it drinks perfectly. It is fine and perfumed yet full fruit and surprisingly untannined.

It is a single estate wine and totally unfiltered so you really do need to decant if but to get rid of the mass of sediment, but also to open the wine up. At 14 years it's ready - I wouldn't leave longer.

I am currently writing an article on Priorats and Rais Baixas, so be prepared for worse as I work my way through the samples.

L'ermita, Finca Dofi and Clos Lobac here we come.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:53 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
Quote:
Blimey.

Were you overcharged?

I queried it but that was the price.

At least I saw lots of sweaty ladies that had just done the Race for Life in Battersea Park.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Otaku

lanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelanepe : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by adrenalin john
Like a welsh secertary returning to cottage, I am oft transported to that corner.

As we speak, and as if to prove the point, I am veritably glugging the aforementioned Don Balbino '94 reserva and am delighted - it drinks perfectly. It is fine and perfumed yet full fruit and surprisingly untannined.

It is a single estate wine and totally unfiltered so you really do need to decant if but to get rid of the mass of sediment, but also to open the wine up. At 14 years it's ready - I wouldn't leave longer.

I am currently writing an article on Priorats and Rais Baixas, so be prepared for worse as I work my way through the samples.

Thank you.

Let me get this straight, not always an easy task. You are being paid to drink decent Spanish wine and write about it? Do you need a hand?

Full time journo?
Old 07-05-2008, 11:10 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thank you.

Let me get this straight, not always an easy task. You are being paid to drink decent Spanish wine and write about it? Do you need a hand?

Full time journo?
it is a tough task I grant, one as publisher I would normally delegate to the gifted of word, however, for once, I thought I would show solidarity with those on the shopfloor and wrestle amongst them with words and the dread of description of products unkown.

It will be tough to go through those samples, but one must, as the hippy farmer said, plough on.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:19 PM

have I made it to pseuds corner yet? Or a least a place at the Maz school of management.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Otaku

Easily.

But you don't have to fake it baby.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by adrenalin john

Stoic stuff, John.
Actually I would think this year's Rias Baixas might not quite be up to last year's. The weather was pretty rum up there last summer and autumn.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lucky him if true - the new barmaid there looks like a young Bardot, albeit with an Aussie accent.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Otaku

A Rondinella Rose Pinot Grigio from Italy.

In fact would it have to have been Italy as is the Rondinella grape only grown there? Dunno, but rings a feint bell.

Delicious anyway.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not this

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-09-2008, 06:42 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lucozade
Old 04-09-2008, 07:07 PM
On probation

jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard
1st Cape , First Selection Chardonnay from Asda (3 for 10 each, bottle sells for 7 plus) seems very palatable, going to nip out for a couple of pints now)
Old 01-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Otaku

What does one do if one want's a G&T but doesn't have any lime or lemon?

Going without is not an option.

Could apple or orange provide the necessary acidity in an emergency?

Last edited by lanepe; 01-11-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Lough Derg

palace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfieldpalace & proud is utterly Butterfield
I'm on DVR's
Old 01-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepe
What does one do if want G&T but dont have any lemon?

Going without is not an option.

Could apple or orange provide the necessary acidity in an emergency?
I'm currently drinking a G&T. My T had a twist of lemon already added into it and very nice it is as well.

And no, avoid apple or orange.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Otaku

dangerous vodka ribena's?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tried Vodka yesterday with ginger beer. Lovely combination.