Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 20-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Scared of getting beaten?

Fair enough fella - hope to catch you out on the field at some point in the near future, whether that be Madden or Fifa.
Old 20-08-2010, 11:35 AM

Slough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
To be quite honest I'm just not all that bothered by leagues at the moment, I don't really want to add a load of people to my friends list who I only play a league game with once every few weeks, and I don't want to HAVE to play games to keep the league running smoothly. All the bitching and moaning as well puts me off, "you scored a slag goal" or "you took me down when I was through on goal" or "you scored to fast and should have offered to restart"
I've been trying to get a friendly with you for ages!!!
Also need to at some stage try and play WSE after he convincingly played with with winning 3-0...should have been 6 lol the transmission from PES to Fifa is complete
I do miss the old skool leagues I must be honest, but due to work commitments and some points made from Swanny (Also Neil not doing the leagues anymore....no offence to Omen whose league has lasted the test of time) above I don't seem to get involved.

But any league players looking for a friendly give us a shout .... if I'm on

O' and looking forward to both games this year Fifa and PES (two good footie games are always good for competition )
Old 20-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Back after 6 years

y2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrection
The videos of the new PES look horrendous though. Completely on rails.

BBS NFL Fantasy Football Champion 2010
Old 20-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough Eagle
the transmission from PES to Fifa is complete
I'll have to play you some time too. I'm a lot better since our last meeting.

It's a shame you don't play any more Paul. Omen's league is great and he has done a fab job, but you can't beat the old PES leagues.

Maybe I'll arrange an invite-only old-school tournament one of these days
Old 20-08-2010, 12:07 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough Eagle
I've been trying to get a friendly with you for ages!!!
Also need to at some stage try and play WSE after he convincingly played with with winning 3-0...should have been 6 lol the transmission from PES to Fifa is complete
I do miss the old skool leagues I must be honest, but due to work commitments and some points made from Swanny (Also Neil not doing the leagues anymore....no offence to Omen whose league has lasted the test of time) above I don't seem to get involved.

But any league players looking for a friendly give us a shout .... if I'm on

O' and looking forward to both games this year Fifa and PES (two good footie games are always good for competition )
I just dont enjoy playing Fifa 1 on 1 this year, the only time I play Fifa at the moment is clubs and even that turns into a chore sometimes.

Hopefully 11 will be better and I'll want to play more 1 on 1's, until then I'm going to stick with Madden and Tiger with the odd evening session of Clubs

Golf handicap - 9
Old 20-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Slough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSlough Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I'll have to play you some time too. I'm a lot better since our last meeting.

It's a shame you don't play any more Paul. Omen's league is great and he has done a fab job, but you can't beat the old PES leagues.

Maybe I'll arrange an invite-only old-school tournament one of these days
Look forward to it Neil, but you like myself mate are getting stuck into family life at the mo'

I read up from time to time and as I said Omen's league has passed the test of time, it just that I don't know when I will be on.... some weeks the xbox dont even get turned on (never thought I would be saying that!!)
Old 20-08-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
I just dont enjoy playing Fifa 1 on 1 this year, the only time I play Fifa at the moment is clubs and even that turns into a chore sometimes.

Hopefully 11 will be better and I'll want to play more 1 on 1's, until then I'm going to stick with Madden and Tiger with the odd evening session of Clubs
No worries fella, we'll catch up soon maybe on Gears/GRAW/COD
Old 20-08-2010, 12:40 PM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2rich
The videos of the new PES look horrendous though. Completely on rails.
Yeah I just don't think they get it. Also when they run with the ball it looks like its on a bit of elastic. Acceptable 5 years go maybe but it looks turd now. And all the animations in general look so rigid. They need a total revamp with a new engine or just scrap the series IMO

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY
Old 20-08-2010, 01:15 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Swanny32 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I can't imagine it'll be long before it's scrapped.....look at all the other football games that have fallen by the wayside over the years. Soon enough EA are going to take over our lives and control everything we do. The only games I have played for the last year are Fifa, Madden, Tiger and Battlefield Bad Company 2, all of which are EA games. Oh and there was the 60 hours of my life I gave up playing Mass Effect which isn't EA

Golf handicap - 9
Old 20-08-2010, 01:16 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Hahahahaha, good god, I'm wrong, Mass Effect is in fact EA!!!

Golf handicap - 9
Old 20-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Back after 6 years

y2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrectiony2rich is the Resurrection
Mass Effect is EA isn't it?

BBS NFL Fantasy Football Champion 2010
Old 20-08-2010, 01:18 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Yep, and a bloody good game too. Can't wait for 3

Golf handicap - 9
Old 20-08-2010, 01:19 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
looks like i won't be getting a footy game again this year. I just cannot play fifa games, never have done, they just dont "feel" right and with pro evo going fully down the pan i think i will just leave it.

some needs to release a new football game/franchise to replace pro evo.
Old 20-08-2010, 01:26 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
looks like i won't be getting a footy game again this year. I just cannot play fifa games, never have done, they just dont "feel" right and with pro evo going fully down the pan i think i will just leave it.

You're mad. Buy FIFA and give it a proper go. It's the best football game on the planet by a long, long way.
Old 20-08-2010, 01:29 PM

jx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittensjx2384 - warm woollen mittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
Would be VERY difficult to compete with Fifa, but if the gameplay was right it could gain a cult following then gradually become a big franchise similar to the way PES did. Who would develop it though. 2k games?

Old 20-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When PES started FIFA was rubbish and PES was a good alternative. FIFA is actually a good game now, it's improved so much in the last few years that the only alternative would be an arcadey type football game.

I still maintain that what FIFA is now is where PES should have ended up, but PES ended up going in the wrong direction while FIFA went in the right one.
Old 20-08-2010, 01:49 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have played fifa over and over again and I just don't like the feel of it. I really have tried since pro evo went tits up. I will of course try it again this year and hope i lke it because i hate not having a football game to play.
Old 20-08-2010, 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=ardeo]When PES started FIFA was rubbish and PES was a good alternative.QUOTE]

There were alot of people who were skeptical about PES from 98 until around 2000-2002 when eventually PES took over. Fifa might not have been amazing by todays standards but from 94-98ish it was "the best" although it didn't have a major rival. It would be similar story if someone brought out a really good footy game now. Although I don't think it will happen to be honest, it would be a major risk for a games company to try take on the financial juggernaught that now is EA and Fifa

Old 20-08-2010, 02:10 PM
SE26

The Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hopefully Davids will be quality in Fifa 11.
Old 20-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
[QUOTE=jx2384]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeo
When PES started FIFA was rubbish and PES was a good alternative.QUOTE]

There were alot of people who were skeptical about PES from 98 until around 2000-2002 when eventually PES took over. Fifa might not have been amazing by todays standards but from 94-98ish it was "the best" although it didn't have a major rival. It would be similar story if someone brought out a really good footy game now. Although I don't think it will happen to be honest, it would be a major risk for a games company to try take on the financial juggernaught that now is EA and Fifa
It was just the main game rather than the best, certainly it never had the feel which PES had or FIFA has now. Maybe rubbish is overstating it, but it was certainly there to be shot at and competed against. Not sure that is the case now. With continual updates we may find it moves in the wrong direction or fails to improve allowing for something else to appear. I just don't think now anyone can really tough FIFA, or there is much point in trying to compete with it.