Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:03 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Good article on 1990 semi final

Enjoyed reading this today. Bought back some great memories.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Cricket wanker.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:05 PM

jackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjackstacks came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just sent it to those I went along with. Simply could not have been a better day. Fantastic memories that will last my lifetime. Felt so tired coming out of the Holte but also as if I was drifting on air. I'd only had a bovril.
"Crystal Palace were magnificent last weekend as they crashed Steven Gerrard’s party, changed the music without asking, took the most expensive beer from the fridge, and plonked themselves down on the most comfortable chair with their boots up on the coffee table." (May 2015)
Old 07-04-2020, 11:24 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So many great memories of that day. ONly the second time I'd seen us play anywhere other than Selhurst. Strangest part was that after all that drama, I walked towards the supporters coach, looked at my watch and it wasn't even 2.30pm! A season's worth of drama all crammed into the time before a match would normally kick off.

This book is aimed at any Palace fan fancying a trip down Memory Lane (if they're old like me!) or for younger folk wishing to learn about following Palace/football in the pre-internet era.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:56 PM

Herr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Enjoyed reading this today. Bought back some great memories.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thank you Wolf, it's late now but will dine out on this tomorrow (now today!)

A truly historic day and a privilege to be there.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:14 AM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
30 years!!! Where did that go? Loved every second as a 15 year old thinking this would happen every season now!!! Wouldn’t change a thing.

COYP.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:36 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was on a school trip in Wales and pretended I was sick to watch it on Tv. Losing 9-0 to them and the stick I got made it even better. That run from Pemberton, Gray, Gray 3-3. Watching one half of the Holte end put there scarfs down as soon as that went in. The flick on from Thorn. Big Mal at half time saying we could win. The look of shock on Dalglish's face. Sir Steve sprinting off at the end.
Oh so many amazing memories of that game
Old 08-04-2020, 06:12 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Sums it well, glad they mentioned Big Mal. The only one who gave us a prayer at half time

The emotion was just so draining, I Remember getting on the train home after, and most were initially sat in silence, just trying to comprehend what we had witnessed

A special day

Last edited by 917L; 08-04-2020 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:30 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
They paid us back in full for that trip to Anfield the previous September. And then some.
It was the day Villa Park became my favourite away ground.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That article brings back great memories, but thirty Years ago, good grief! I remember walking out of the ground, after celebrating like never before, there was virtually complete silence amongst the Palace fans; everybody was totally drained, physically and mentally. Best game I have ever been to and I know that it will never be surpassed.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:04 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
There were many good things about the day but the Police taking the micky out of us and asking why we had bothered turning up, they took their medicine well after the game
Old 08-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglebob View Post
That article brings back great memories, but thirty Years ago, good grief! I remember walking out of the ground, after celebrating like never before, there was virtually complete silence amongst the Palace fans; everybody was totally drained, physically and mentally. Best game I have ever been to and I know that it will never be surpassed.
Just about sums it up for me. Driving home with scarves out of the window we got a lot of horns blaring and thumbs up from non palace fans....

best football day ever for me
Old 08-04-2020, 08:52 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was a young lad watching on TV and remember being so incensed at the Barnes penalty and the feeling we'd chucked it away that I had to go into the garden to march around a bit and moan to our neighbour. Couldn't believe it when we equalized, then won. It was extra sweet because there seemed to be loads of Liverpool fans at school.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:02 AM

twilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betraytwilly is like ice, their footing does betray
And Liverpool are stunned.... So was I after the equaliser. Never jumped so high.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:08 AM

Acky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have had many great days following Palace, more cup finals and trips to Wembley that I could have ever imagined as a child. But that Sunday in April 1990, even though it was 'only' a semi final has to be the greatest of them all.

Reaching the FA Cup Final really meant something back then and do it in the fashion we did, against one of the countries best teams of that era, on a neutral ground with thousands of Palace fans present. Well it was just beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

Coming out of the ground and on the short walk back to Aston station to catch one of our five specials (if I remember correctly) there were so many happy red and blue faces & Palace fans dancing in the street, it was surreal. On the train home I can only echo memories mentioned above about feeling drained both mentally and physically,
we were completely stunned by what we had just achieved.

Truly amazing memories that will last for ever.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:10 AM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Dan View Post
Just about sums it up for me. Driving home with scarves out of the window we got a lot of horns blaring and thumbs up from non palace fans....

best football day ever for me
Same for me. Even if we eventually win something, I doubt it will surpass that day.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:24 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Is the full game anywhere?

I don't want the 15 mins version the club put up, I want the full game including pre-match build up where they showed our montage with "Magical Mystery Tour" by the Beatles.

I have a plan for a very pleasant evening
Old 08-04-2020, 09:24 AM

Rocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRocky Bullitt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Brucie Brucie what's the score?

Best day of my life, even beats going to Wembley
Old 08-04-2020, 09:31 AM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unbelievable weekend.

Around 10 of us hired a minibus on the cheap. It was a Lambeth Community bus with '**** off' scratched into the bonnet. We travelled to Wallsall for the night and were all pretty mutch bollocksed by the time we got there.

Loads of Palace in Wallsall, had a great night. We all slept in the minibus. Some brought curry back....

Strangely we all woke up really early to a condensation filled stinking minibus. We drove to Villa and parked up in the McDonalds car park waiting for it to open. Told you we woke up early. Whilst we waited we played football wearing grass hoola skirts (don't ask).

The game was just an immense mix of every extreme football emotion I can think of.

Driving back our wonderful vehicle, decked out in all things Palace broke down. Outside the Gin Palace on the Old Kent Road. We managed to push it into a side street, got cabs and headed to the Blue Anchor in South Croydon to finish off the celebrations appropriately.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:33 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wonderful wonderful memories, greatest moment in my Palace supporting life... what often gets overlooked is the fact we still had time after Andy Grays 90th min equaliser to hit the bar!

I thought we had blown it when that didn't go in
Old 08-04-2020, 10:41 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Obviously didn’t occur to me on the day (I don’t think) but Liverpool’s defending was shocking for league winners to be