Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 24-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Nixon is on Soccer AM now
Old 25-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by kayjay
Just in case you came down in the last shower Ab, let me inform you that pace in one-day cricket is predictable. When you get a bowler like Lee who has no slower ball, no leg cutter or quick off spinner, the batsmen always knows what to expect.
The more Lee gets carted, the faster he tries to bowl in retaliation.
Batsmen knows the next ball is coming a bit quicker and a touch shorter, he's already ascertained which part of the fence he's hitting to!
The good one-day bowlers are the ones who mix it up - God, someone
put some more variety into Shane Watson's bag of tricks or I fear we may not make the semis.
I could have worded it better really, I will admit that.

I don't mean to be critical of Clark, he will take wickets I meant Lee's pace as an option more broadly as without him as one of the bowlers you cannot turn to him, instead you have another Glen McGrath-esque bowler (although that isn't a bad thing )
Old 27-02-2007, 12:45 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
A Razzaq-less World Cup will be poorer. No world beater, but a clean hitter of the ball, and he would have been great on those small grounds.
Old 28-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Is someone tking your bowlers out or something. It is getting a bit silly now - i note no news on Akhtar and Asif's latest drug tests.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 28-02-2007, 10:25 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
They havent taken them, thats why
Old 01-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Akhtar and Asif confirmed out of the world cup. Guess they wont have to take those drug tests now. Now i assume they have stopped taking whatever they were taking but it cannot still be in their systems.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 AM

I have mixed feelings about this. Clearly I want them to play to help Pakistan do well, they are 2 of the best bowlers in the world. But:

- They should have had some sort of ban in the first place
- To win/do well in the World Cup with them would not have carried credibility with their fellow pros from other countries.

the benefit of this is the inclusion of Arafat, who should have made the original squad, and could well be the over-achiever of this coming tournament....
Old 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Just sorting out my viewing schedule for the WC. Turning my mind to betting. Outright winners hold little value (though had a punt on Sri Lanka).

Anyone had thoughts about some spreads etc?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
Just sorting out my viewing schedule for the WC. Turning my mind to betting. Outright winners hold little value (though had a punt on Sri Lanka).

Anyone had thoughts about some spreads etc?
How about forecasts on the top two in each group? Consider doing that with the top seed and second seed swapped given the nature of one day cricket and that most of the top 8 can beat any other on their day. Could also be worthwhile if you think there could be an upset (Kenya to beat England? )
Old 01-03-2007, 03:35 PM

Here are some ill thought through predictions:

Winners: India
Runner-up: Sri Lanka

Most runs: Mohammed Yousef (Pakistan)
Most wickets: Vaas (Sri Lanka)

Biggest flop (player): Monty Panesar (England)
Biggest flop (team): South Africa

Biggest over-achiever (player): Youvraj Singh
Biggest over-achiever (team): New Zealand

I might change these when I've had a think....
Old 01-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
Winners: India
Runner-up: Sri Lanka

Most runs: Mohammed Yousef (Pakistan)

Biggest flop (team): South Africa
1. Wrong way round I hope.
2. Yousef - had the same thoughts
3. Oh please let it be true, not for betting purposes, just hate the tossers.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:34 PM

You have no idea it will hurt me to see India win. But they might just come good at the right time, and Sachin needs to win something of note one day.

I had high hopes for Pakistan until the triple Razzaq, Asif, Shoaib blow....
Old 01-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Ichiro!

Predictions

Winners: Aus
Runners Up: West Indies (home advantage, small grounds, some big hitters)

Most runs: Ponting
Most wickets: Dunno - Bond maybe, or Ian Bradshaw

Biggest flop (player) Inzaman
Biggest flop (team) SA or England

Biggest over achiever (player) Dwayne Bravo
Biggest over achiever (team) NZ or SL
Old 01-03-2007, 06:32 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE]

Winners: Australia
Runners Up: South Africa

(India and Windies to make up the final four)

Most runs: Ponting
Most wickets: Ntini

Biggest flop (player) Tendulkar
Biggest flop (team) NZ

Biggest over achiever (player) Vaughan - will get his first ODI ton and everyone will kiss his ar$e and say he's a worthy ODI player.
Biggest over achiever (team) Kenya or Bangladesh - Most likely teams to beat a test-playing nation and one of them will do so and make the 8s.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Adler casting his line....

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Completed Member

Embassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmbassy No.1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any one else doing the Fantasy World Cup thing? I've been lumped with organising it as i've sorted out all the Twenty20 games. Hassle. Any tips chaps?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:23 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
After having a look at Glenn McGrath in the triangular competiton
just completed, I have noticed an irregularity in his bowling action.
he slows into his delivery stride, remains too upright on his back leg
and fails to get side on and bend his back on follow through.
Result being: loss of speed (10kph) and loss of outswinger.
With Lee out, Watson ordinary, Johnson and Tait getting belted by the kiwis and no Warne, I'm a bit happier I bypassed the $2.50 on offer for the Aussies and accepted the $12.00 for the Kiwis.
I just hope that such a great bowler as McGrath has been, isn't
humiliated in his farewell!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:

to flop, he'll need to score less than 19 runs in 6 matches (as he did in the last World Cup). any more than that, and he wont be a flop....
Old 03-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Ichiro!

So twenty runs in six matches at an average of 3.3333 is not a flop. Well i suppose it is not.

Does that mean that if Youssuf averages less than 100 he has flopped?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
So twenty runs in six matches at an average of 3.3333 is not a flop. Well i suppose it is not.

Does that mean that if Youssuf averages less than 100 he has flopped?
(a smilie I should have added at the end of the last post)

Essentially, I dont expect too much from Inzi (or Pakistan) from this coming World Cup.