Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-12-2021, 04:20 PM

pdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpdeagle84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
HF Appreciation...

I know the HF divide opinions. There have been some bad experiences from the move across lower holmesdale and other isolated incidents that people are very quick to talk online about...I hope this thread could encourage a bit of positivity around the group - and wanted to start with a recent experience I had.

I dont see a huge amount of good press for the group. Btw I would not count myself as a HF so this isnt too biased a post I hope anyway. My son and I had season tickets in the area both in Block B and Block E. I have seen the best and the worst of palace fans over the years trust me, not just in with these lads...

I used to have a few quid. And every christmas I gave up my season tickets for free for someone that needed them - as well as paying for a kit for a young fan too each year. Now the tables have somewhat turned...These last couple years have ruined us financially. Proper country n western song sh*t, lost the house, business, cars and nearly my marriage too with all the stress....After asking my eldest boy what he wants for christmas he just said "All i want dad is to go watch palace again like we used to..."

(Needless to say my 12yo son and I cannot get to watch palace at all anymore as its definitely a "luxury"...)

So I reached out to the HF group on Facebook, knowing the "Twenty is plenty" campaign is adhered to among the group - this was my only way of justifying taking my boy back to selhurst again. As the club would want membership fees, tickets plus food then travel and IMAGINE I wanted to actually buy the kid a kit too?? Honestly all-in would have cost me min £150- £250 to take him to one match! WTF has happened to our club???

So the only way was to get a couple of tickets for £40 and drive up from woking! Not only did the offers for games come flying in, none of them wanted any money and all offered such kind words of support too.

Karma is a funny thing isnt it?
Old 06-12-2021, 04:27 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Great positive Karma. And no doubt, with your entrepreneurial experience you will rise again, I hope this wont be the end of the story.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:53 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That's nice to hear that, well done to them. I hope you and your lad enjoy the game.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:04 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice. Hope you are soon back every week!
Old 06-12-2021, 05:13 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Hope your luck and situation gets better mate
Well done hf
Old 06-12-2021, 05:17 PM

les aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good to read
Old 06-12-2021, 05:33 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
The HF have been nothing short of great for our club, they are a massive part of the match day experience .
Old 06-12-2021, 05:33 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
The HF have been nothing short of great for our club, they are a massive part of the match day experience .
What he said
Old 06-12-2021, 05:48 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Old 06-12-2021, 06:04 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeagle84 View Post
I know the HF divide opinions. There have been some bad experiences from the move across lower holmesdale and other isolated incidents that people are very quick to talk online about...I hope this thread could encourage a bit of positivity around the group - and wanted to start with a recent experience I had.

I dont see a huge amount of good press for the group. Btw I would not count myself as a HF so this isnt too biased a post I hope anyway. My son and I had season tickets in the area both in Block B and Block E. I have seen the best and the worst of palace fans over the years trust me, not just in with these lads...

I used to have a few quid. And every christmas I gave up my season tickets for free for someone that needed them - as well as paying for a kit for a young fan too each year. Now the tables have somewhat turned...These last couple years have ruined us financially. Proper country n western song sh*t, lost the house, business, cars and nearly my marriage too with all the stress....After asking my eldest boy what he wants for christmas he just said "All i want dad is to go watch palace again like we used to..."

(Needless to say my 12yo son and I cannot get to watch palace at all anymore as its definitely a "luxury"...)

So I reached out to the HF group on Facebook, knowing the "Twenty is plenty" campaign is adhered to among the group - this was my only way of justifying taking my boy back to selhurst again. As the club would want membership fees, tickets plus food then travel and IMAGINE I wanted to actually buy the kid a kit too?? Honestly all-in would have cost me min £150- £250 to take him to one match! WTF has happened to our club???

So the only way was to get a couple of tickets for £40 and drive up from woking! Not only did the offers for games come flying in, none of them wanted any money and all offered such kind words of support too.

What a wonderful heart warming story, I'm welling up here.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:18 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
That is great to hear and shows that we are all Palace fans when all is said and done.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 06-12-2021, 06:29 PM

CPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
This
Old 06-12-2021, 06:30 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Nice story. Good luck.with the future.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:30 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
There have been occasions when I have been out of the country and not been able to use the season ticket (I don't have one at the moment) and as I live a fair way from the ground there isn't always a local taker even for free. I would have loved to have handed my ticket for a game to those Palace fans in need for the odd match. I don't think there is a mechanism is there?
Old 06-12-2021, 07:45 PM

NorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nice to hear a good news story amongst all the negativity lately. I'm an E400 so have mixed feelings about the HF especially given recent events but glad given how much the media focus on them that they still embody what I view as core Palace values.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:51 PM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great read! Hope you find your feet soon also!
Old 06-12-2021, 08:06 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wonder if they turn up at Millwall?
Old 06-12-2021, 08:17 PM

NorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthernEagle80 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
I wonder if they turn up at Millwall?
I hope they do but perhaps not for the reason you're suggesting. This is the element that can **** off out of our club.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:22 PM

radiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is hereradiomike Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeagle84 View Post

Hopefully someone a t the club will offer you something as well
Surely they will ... won’t they?????
Old 06-12-2021, 08:24 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomike View Post
Hopefully someone a t the club will offer you something as well
Surely they will ... won’t they?????
Backdated Parish points?

Cricket wanker.