Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 23-08-2019, 04:11 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
As RoB says the game I am referring to was the game in early '70s. A game that turned Bobby Kellard into a Palace legend in my 11 yr old mind. I still view him that way
Said one of us was confused.
Old 23-08-2019, 06:56 AM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedb55 View Post
4-1 home win against Ipswich to take us top of Division 1. We were the best side in the country for a (very) brief time......
Good shout. Jim Cannon’s goal in that game was special.

I would also suggest our 2-2 at Sheffield Wednesday deserves a mention for obvious reasons.
Old 23-08-2019, 08:05 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTALLY TOUGH View Post
The 4-1 win over Shrewsbury back in 2015 in the League Cup was right up there coz any win over them after the 1980's is an occasion never to be forgotten.
Yes that was an amazing one. Even today when there is a cup draw I still find my self saying “please not Shrewsbury” the scars run that deep .

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 23-08-2019, 08:10 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fioreuk View Post
This. Great day all round that was. The Arfur was fun that day.
Was my first game in the Arfur. Got very tasty indeed.
Old 23-08-2019, 08:13 AM

marantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The butterfield hat trick what a joyous night that was
Old 23-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Semi at Villa Park just edges out Hillsborough. Totally different emotions but both amazing days. The semi was just a feeling of disbelief that we’d actually won and Sheff W was just sheer relief. Got equally battered as a haddock after both though
Old 23-08-2019, 08:23 AM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTALLY TOUGH View Post
Nope and felt like more packed into Selhurst that evening than at the Blackburn game.
According to Ron's magic calculator, there were supposedly 7000 empty spaces at that Swindon game!
Old 23-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sheffield Wednesday away for survival Sunday for me.

Never experienced so many emotions in such a short amount of time.

Top of a very long list though.....
Old 23-08-2019, 09:20 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
In terms of live games, I'd have to go one of sheff wed away or Sunderland away
Old 23-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Not quite as massive for the club as many of those mentioned in here but the 3-0 v Arsenal was very, very special. We never beat them but that night we outplayed, outfought and humiliated them, they had no answer. Everyone was immense but Cabaye had an absolute masterclass (miss you Yohan) and his goal still gets me in a good mood as does his celebration, sprinting to Block B and piling into the absolute scenes in front of him. I swear I could have named by kid after him that night. The atmosphere was absolutely electric as well from start to finish, it was a privilege to be there that night. The WLY after Cabaye's goal was absolutely ******* deafening

also, singing Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay and Sakho absolutely taking the piss when he chested it down in the box for Hennessey from a cross still make me laugh. A special night.
Old 25-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’ve always been quite proud to say ‘I was there’ when we won at old Trafford in 89 when ‘fergie out’ was ringing round the ground at the end
Old 25-08-2019, 08:39 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I think that maybe yesterday may be on this list sometime. Let’s hope positive vibe keeps up.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 25-08-2019, 08:52 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
I’ve always been quite proud to say ‘I was there’ when we won at old Trafford in 89 when ‘fergie out’ was ringing round the ground at the end
Me too.
And they were chanting 'there's only 1 Steve Coppell' with us.
Old 25-08-2019, 09:00 AM

Alfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for you
I have two the Norwich away when we won with kids playing ,at the time we thought we may be folding up like bury and the other was the wolves play off game at home when dougie scored two late crackers
Old 25-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Me too.
And they were chanting 'there's only 1 Steve Coppell' with us.
Those were the days

Can you imagine if Sir Steve had replaced fergie at United, how history would’ve been completely re-written for both clubs.
Old 25-08-2019, 09:19 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Those were the days

Can you imagine if Sir Steve had replaced fergie at United, how history would’ve been completely re-written for both clubs.
I remember rumours doing the rounds at the time, and on tv too, that if they had lost to Forest in a previous round that old red nose would've got the boot?
And it was a cert if we had won the cup.
Old 25-08-2019, 11:10 AM

colonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Giles View Post
Am I the only one who thought the atmosphere in the Play Off semi at home to Swindon in 1989 was better than the final? Thought Selhurst was electric that night.
Totally packed - the buzz was phenomenal - seem to remember it being a hot night and the crowd rammed in.
Old 25-08-2019, 11:12 AM

colonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
A lot of the football we played in our recent stint in the Championship was pants but the 2-0 home win against Blackburn in the 12-13 promotion season was an utterly fantastic 90 mins of Palace domination where we could have had more but we just toyed with the opposition for a laugh.
Went to this game with my Dad who hadn't been for a while.
The way Bolasie and Wilf rang rings around them was a joy - one of the few games where we so dominant I could relax watching. Think it was around this time the 'We're just too good for you' chants started.
Old 25-08-2019, 11:18 AM

But a personal favourite was the 3-2 v Oldham at Home which saw Wright score the winner inthe last minute with his first goal for us. I had a bit of a soft spot for Phil Barber in those difficult mid-80s days, and thought Ticker Taylor was a terrific midfield engine in midfield who scored some cracking goals from distance. Irvine on the right, Otulakowski on the left, Ketteridge running around like a headless chicken in midfield.
Then Wrighty showing some class and just thinking we could be on to something here....
Old 25-08-2019, 11:29 AM
Probationary User

scott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningscott buchanan would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
5-0 v Brighton. Had a few beers before game and so very excitable throughout the game. With scoring all 5 before the hour mark, it gave us 30 minutes to really enjoy taking the piss out of the Brighton fans as they werent allowed out of the ground. Rob Fox was on the PA, and told them they had to wait in ground for 20 minutes after game and that the Palace areas of the ground had been re-stocked with beer.