Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Keep on climbing

Mapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hello chaps. Another HOLer here come over for a holiday to take a look at the locals. Seem like a rum lot to me.

This whole thing came as a major surprise. One minute I was typing on a thread, next minute it disappeared from underneath me. Then an hour later same thing happened, then it happened again. It even happened to yesterday's match thread.

It seems the Mods on HOL didn't want to let anyone air any dirty washing. And by the way Nick, it has been made clear that as a result of this thread you can't go back even if your Red is rescinded. Apparently this kind of thing happens regularly on internet Forums, I didn't know that.

The effect is that many of the openly left leaning people feel they have been made unwelcome. And there are certainly some strong voices of conservatism on the HOL so that will leave a big gap. I always liked the cut and thrust of different views on HOL but this has all been a bit of a shocker. I can say that those people that have decamped to the BBS are some of my very favourite posters. Apart from Nick of course
Old 09-01-2018, 09:53 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Maybe the piss poor modding around the homophobic thread has contributed to the current situation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 09-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The Mastermind Palace legend who is Ken Barr still posts on HOL so it can't be all bad
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 09-01-2018, 09:57 PM

paul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaul skinback : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have an invisible red too, can't get back on Hol and all i did was ask a question! 10 years too. Feck 'em.

I'll stick to the (literal) fishing thread on here.

Smoke and mirrors should be the motto of our club. Been that way for decades.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:59 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
BBS street!
Old 09-01-2018, 10:02 PM

wordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapletree View Post
Hello chaps. Another HOLer here come over for a holiday to take a look at the locals. Seem like a rum lot to me.

This whole thing came as a major surprise. One minute I was typing on a thread, next minute it disappeared from underneath me. Then an hour later same thing happened, then it happened again. It even happened to yesterday's match thread.

It seems the Mods on HOL didn't want to let anyone air any dirty washing. And by the way Nick, it has been made clear that as a result of this thread you can't go back even if your Red is rescinded. Apparently this kind of thing happens regularly on internet Forums, I didn't know that.

The effect is that many of the openly left leaning people feel they have been made unwelcome. And there are certainly some strong voices of conservatism on the HOL so that will leave a big gap. I always liked the cut and thrust of different views on HOL but this has all been a bit of a shocker. I can say that those people that have decamped to the BBS are some of my very favourite posters. Apart from Nick of course
Hey, good to see you made it across!
Old 09-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Keep on climbing

Mapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMapletree came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordup View Post
Hey, good to see you made it across!
Why thank you sir. I hope not to get barred from HOL as a result, I have lots of unfinished business and have not yet fully put the world to rights.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:07 PM
COYP!

Last edited by in-exile; 09-01-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:09 PM

wordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwordup came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul skinback View Post
I have an invisible red too, can't get back on Hol and all i did was ask a question! 10 years too. Feck 'em.

I'll stick to the (literal) fishing thread on here.
That's terrible. It does appear that multiple people have been banned for simply saying 'whats going on?'. Personally I just elected to leave because of how multiple people were treated. We get to see peoples true colours in the aftermath.

Last edited by wordup; 09-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the funniest part is that all those banging on about their right to be heard even if it is a bit racist and stamping down on free speech is as a result of communism are strangely quiet when 2 very right wing mods do what they've been saying is terrible.
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Thread's been rumbled on the Hol.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:19 PM
COYP!

Quite funny that after I posted here their fourm rule a few pages back and backed it .... they have now blocked me on the General and the political hol forums.. They obviously don't even like a friendly face!

Last edited by in-exile; 09-01-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Quite funny that after I posted here their fourm rule a few pages back and backed it .... they have now blocked me on the General and the political hol forums.. They obviously don't even like a friendly face!
Its all going on!

Last edited by wordup; 09-01-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Quite funny that after I posted here their fourm rule a few pages back and backed it .... they have now blocked me on the General and the political hol threads ... They obviously don't even like a friendly face!
Ive seen your face. Friendly? Not so sure.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-01-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapletree View Post
Why thank you sir. I hope not to get barred from HOL as a result, I have lots of unfinished business and have not yet fully put the world to rights.
At least if the worst comes to the worst and you're censored or booted, you have somewhere else to go . Thanks for being considerate of others in this unfortunate matter.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:23 PM
COYP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Ive seen your face. Friendly? Not so sure.
Piss off Pugwash!
Old 09-01-2018, 10:23 PM

Barrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBarrybaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
S
Old 09-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Kin ell its like Dear Deirdre on here.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 09-01-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
the funniest part is that all those banging on about their right to be heard even if it is a bit racist and stamping down on free speech is as a result of communism are strangely quiet when 2 very right wing mods do what they've been saying is terrible.
Well of course, then it's all 'take it up with the mods' and 'i don't know what happens behind the scenes'. It's quite clear that several people have been treated badly here.

A few weeks back some couldn't keep quiet about how 'biased' the lefty mods were, but after this cull apparently they're much more circumspect.

Anyway onwards and upward.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:32 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Could the HOL change of attitude have something to do with that documentary which pretty much showed certain members of that site in a very bad light?

I've seen some vile crap posted on here before, but nothing like that.
Closed Thread