Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:22 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What makes Luka's penalty taking Now so effective is its simplicity, nothing flashy just a clean hard hit as near to the post as possible which gives the keeper very little chance of getting across.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:29 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Oh and how could I have forgotten...

The great Dave Madden: 5 penalties from 5. 100% conversion!

Have to say though he was very lucky with a couple of them.
still have visions of the Madden running towards the AW with his hand aloft after slotting at home to Blackburn in the Play-Off final to put us level on aggregate. An iconic Palace moment.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I seem to remember Dougie Freedman had a good penalty record - is my memory deceiving me?
Old 08-02-2019, 09:06 AM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RednBlue View Post
I seem to remember Dougie Freedman had a good penalty record - is my memory deceiving me?
He was quality. Only miss I can remember was vs Gillingham away, where he admitted afterwards he had changed his mind having taken one against the same keeper the previous season.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Andy Johnson. He scored 11 in one season back in 2005.
Missed some notable ones vs Pompey and Charlton at home.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom the Eagle View Post
He was quality. Only miss I can remember was vs Gillingham away, where he admitted afterwards he had changed his mind having taken one against the same keeper the previous season.
I don't remember him missing one at Gillingham. I do remember him scoring one in a game when that fat idiot Ruddock had missed one earlier.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-02-2019, 09:15 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyandy View Post
John Pemberton.

If you put the goal 5 miles above the pitch...

I don’t think that will ever be repeated; seeing three Palace players miss a penalty in the same match during normal play.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 08-02-2019, 09:18 AM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How many pens did Kevin Phillips score for us? I always wanted him to take them and not FFS.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanbareWashi View Post
How many pens did Kevin Phillips score for us? I always wanted him to take them and not FFS.
I just tried a quick google of KP's penalty record. I didn't find it, but I did find an article from October 2017 saying that Sunderland had scored 28 penalties since their last miss. Ex-Palace man Lewis Grabban was one of their penalty takers.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 08-02-2019, 09:51 AM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanbareWashi View Post
2/2
Old 08-02-2019, 10:02 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Peter Taylor scored a few but missed a vital one at home to Millwall in front of a 38,000 crowd.

Andy Gray had such a hard shot that he broke the hand of Sunderland keeper Barry Siddall who unfortunately got a hand to his penalty that still blasted into the Holmesdale net.

In recent years Murray, Ambrose, Jedinak and Luka have been our penalty kings.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Peter Taylor scored a few but missed a vital one at home to Millwall in front of a 38,000 crowd.

Andy Gray had such a hard shot that he broke the hand of Sunderland keeper Barry Siddall who unfortunately got a hand to his penalty that still blasted into the Holmesdale net.

In recent years Murray, Ambrose, Jedinak and Luka have been our penalty kings.
Murray was dodgy at pens - at least to start with. He missed one at home to Millwall in the 2011/12 season - maybe his first pen for the club - which would have been the winner (finished 0-0) and he also fluffed a few in the promotion season but it didn't matter as the team was scoring so freely anyway.

Jedi on the other hand was, indeed, a machine.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 08-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Class Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I don't remember him missing one at Gillingham. I do remember him scoring one in a game when that fat idiot Ruddock had missed one earlier.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Had to Google it. October 2003 he missed vs Gillingham.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
Murray was dodgy at pens - at least to start with. He missed one at home to Millwall in the 2011/12 season - maybe his first pen for the club - which would have been the winner (finished 0-0) and he also fluffed a few in the promotion season but it didn't matter as the team was scoring so freely anyway.

Jedi on the other hand was, indeed, a machine.

Was that the only pen Murray missed that cost us points?

I seem to recall a couple of others where they were his second pen of the game, but we won anyway
Old 08-02-2019, 10:45 AM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Was that the only pen Murray missed that cost us points?

I seem to recall a couple of others where they were his second pen of the game, but we won anyway

We (AJ) was getting so many pens at one stage that I wanted to put a bet on it. I had no faith in Murray so I ended up putting a bet on us both scoring and missing one. As it happened, Murray missed our first pen, but we got another one that Phillips scored, so I won with both bets
Old 08-02-2019, 10:52 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom the Eagle View Post
He missed one against Sheff Utd then managed by Warnock. I remember as I was on a trip back to the UK . I think he was subbed and AJ then scored another pen. We lost 1-2 .
Old 08-02-2019, 11:02 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Ambrose was very good with pens too. Does anyone know his record? I can't remember a miss off the top of my head.

Would also like to see Gayle's record.

Although neither of those took as many as Luka has.

I think AJ's record was very good but a lot of those he scored didn't look as convincing as Luka's have. Hence his record from the spot is a lot better than some of us remember.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
He has missed 3 pens out of 14.
He has only missed twice for us hasn't he?
Old 08-02-2019, 11:10 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Really interesting stats. Was looking for them myself! Jedi clearly the king of the spot kick and AJ a lot better than my memory believed.

Never felt confident in Murray taking pens and those stats bare that out.

I believe Benteke’s record is 2 from 5. 40% conversion
I had thought that Benteke had scored 3 from 5 rather than 2 from 5?

But Icould be wrong.

From memory, he scored away to Burnley (16/17) and home to Leicester last season.

His misses were home to West Ham (16/17) and infamously at home to Bournemouth last season.

So the 5th one, was it a goal or a miss and who against?
Old 08-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I had thought that Benteke had scored 3 from 5 rather than 2 from 5?

But Icould be wrong.

From memory, he scored away to Burnley (16/17) and home to Leicester last season.

His misses were home to West Ham (16/17) and infamously at home to Bournemouth last season.

So the 5th one, was it a goal or a miss and who against?

Watford away