Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-04-2019, 03:21 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
What better team would he get into? I can't think of any. I also love him for his penalties but he gives away too many free kicks and loses possession too easily to move up a level from us.
I think if you see the way Liverpool utilise the likes of James Milner he could play in any squad. There is a difference being a first teamer and a squd player.
He’d get in to any squad in the league.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:24 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I'm sure a big club would love his versatility, leadership, scoring record, penos etc. Even if he was a bit part player for some of the bigger teams he'd still play 20+ times a season.
Top 6 clubs need all of their midfielders to be comfortable in possession (as they have so much of the ball) and to be able to play a decent pass (as they play against packed defences). That was why Wenger played without a decent defensive mid for years - its hard to find one that is a decent footballer as well. And that is why we have missed Cabaye so much this season - he was so much better than any of our other midfielders. The top 6 looked at Cabaye - they won't be looking at Luka!
Old 22-04-2019, 09:15 AM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Luka’s set piece delivery gets better and better with more PL games under his belt.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:55 AM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot View Post
Luka’s set piece delivery gets better and better with more PL games under his belt.

Probably helps having Dann and Benteke to aim for. Huge difference having those two in the team and also playing a fragile defence.

The whole season we have been woeful from set pieces.
Old 22-04-2019, 10:03 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
Probably helps having Dann and Benteke to aim for. Huge difference having those two in the team and also playing a fragile defence.

The whole season we have been woeful from set pieces.
Very true. Dann and Benteke are superb in the air.

They also make space for Ward, Kouyate and Kelly who can all also be dangerous in the air
Old 22-04-2019, 10:41 AM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Very true. Dann and Benteke are superb in the air.

They also make space for Ward, Kouyate and Kelly who can all also be dangerous in the air

As others have mentioned Dann is our best ‘attacker’ from set pieces. He is fantastic from corners & free kicks around the box.
Old 28-04-2019, 06:39 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I saw Luka and Marco Silva having a hug and chin wag on the field after the game yesterday. I wondered what the connection was, but it looks like he might have been his manager at Olympiacos.

Is that the connection?

I hope Silva dosen't get any ideas about coming in for Luka in the summer now he seems to be pretty settled in at Everton!
Old 28-04-2019, 06:45 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I saw Luka and Marco Silva having a hug and chin wag on the field after the game yesterday. I wondered what the connection was, but it looks like he might have been his manager at Olympiacos.

Is that the connection?

I hope Silva dosen't get any ideas about coming in for Luka in the summer now he seems to be pretty settled in at Everton!
Yes, they won the league together in 15-16.
Old 28-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
£50million and he's all yours
Old 28-04-2019, 06:51 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Was also Marco Sliva's skipper.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 28-04-2019, 06:58 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

Is that the connection?

I spotted that too and it concerned me.

Silva tried to sign him for Hull when we bought him.

I bet he bids for him this summer.
Old 28-04-2019, 07:10 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I spotted that too and it concerned me.

Silva tried to sign him for Hull when we bought him.

I bet he bids for him this summer.
In his final year of contract so it may well come about. I couldn't see us getting anything north of £25M. Hopefully the club are on course to renewing his contract pronto.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 28-04-2019, 07:28 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
In his final year of contract so it may well come about. I couldn't see us getting anything north of £25M. Hopefully the club are on course to renewing his contract pronto.
I really hope so. He'd be a massive loss. He's one of our only players that I would be desperate to keep.
Old 28-04-2019, 09:11 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
You just don’t sell your captain. See what happens he Jedi left. He might not be the most skilful player at the club but he’s so important to us and always plays with he heart on his sleeve. Luka, Jedi, Geoff Thomas: all cut from the same cloth.
Old 28-04-2019, 09:17 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
You just don’t sell your captain. See what happens he Jedi left. He might not be the most skilful player at the club but he’s so important to us and always plays with he heart on his sleeve. Luka, Jedi, Geoff Thomas: all cut from the same cloth.
Didn’t stop Parish before
Old 28-04-2019, 09:18 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Didn’t stop Parish before

Pardew’s not at the club now though!
Old 28-04-2019, 09:48 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace legend
Old 29-04-2019, 08:41 AM

IronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would love for him to get an extension at the end of the season
Old 14-05-2019, 11:23 AM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Where’s the blokes new and IMPROVED contract?
Old 14-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Seems to be a lot missing from this thread pre crash yesterday? Loads of duplicated posts and something about Freedman making himself unpopular this summer?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019