Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Your wife wouldn't be good enough for him.

This is very true
Old 02-01-2019, 04:32 PM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
Given the allegations about Bellamy in John Arnold Riise’s recent autobiography, this sounds entirely in character. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Obviously makes him the perfect TV pundit alongside Jamie ‘spit’ Carragher.
I don't think Riise was the only player to have had nasty run ins with Bellamy. I'm pretty sure I read about other nasty instances too.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Whether he's guilty or not, I couldn't stand the no-neck prick as a player or now as a pundit.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:50 PM

HRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Simon Jordan talking on the subject of bullying...

Pretty sure Fraser Digby, Jamie Fullarton, Andy Linighan and Vic Bettinelli were all let go by the club for pulling the Jordan's for bullying younger members of the squad.

Not to mention Jamie Pollock basically named Simon Jordan for bullying him which caused him to go off the rails. I think SJ should keep his nose out of any talk about bullying.
I’m not going to put anything in here as fact but regarding Digby I was told something very different by a Swindon Town fan who works for a well respected football publication and regarding Pollock I do believe that Jordan’s side of the story was that Pollock was bullying Andrejs Rubin’s. Like I say nothing concrete though and I certainly couldn’t provide a quote.

Also have to say though that for anybody who hasn’t spent significant time around youth football at that level particularly the younger years the atmosphere is absolute poison and the most decent of parents can find themselves getting caught up in it without realising, it’s just human nature. The teams are usually made up of three or four players (coaches favourites) who are the best there or certainly perceived to be and the rest is just considered filler and training aides for them. The favourites can literally do no wrong and the rest usually simply tolerated.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:55 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRS View Post

Also have to say though that for anybody who hasn’t spent significant time around youth football at that level particularly the younger years the atmosphere is absolute poison and the most decent of parents can find themselves getting caught up in it without realising, it’s just human nature. The teams are usually made up of three or four players (coaches favourites) who are the best there or certainly perceived to be and the rest is just considered filler and training aides for them. The favourites can literally do no wrong and the rest usually simply tolerated.
Maybe I'm wearing those Red and Blue spectacles, but I just don't think that Shaw has that in him. I can't speak for the other youth coaches, just a hunch on the way he appears to conduct himself. He always makes a point, even when a player has done well in a particular game, to try to keep their feet on the ground.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:30 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
The whole coaching system seems to be a jobs for the boys network. Obviously Bellamy is great at coaching youngsters because he has fast twitch muscles and could finish. Had he not had those attributes, he wouldn’t be a coach now.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:31 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Maybe I'm wearing those Red and Blue spectacles, but I just don't think that Shaw has that in him. I can't speak for the other youth coaches, just a hunch on the way he appears to conduct himself. He always makes a point, even when a player has done well in a particular game, to try to keep their feet on the ground.
Yes Shaw has always come across as a very nice bloke and would be surprised to hear anything negative from young players playing under him.

Just watching his interviews now and seeing the young Shaw in and around the club back in the day - and at nightclubs - just seems to have a decency about him.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 03-01-2019, 07:53 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
I’ll never understand why, as society, we’ve moved to this guilty until proven innocent culture. Didn’t the same thing happen with Garry Issot that all turned out to be nonsense?

This sort of thing really should be nowhere near public eyes until a full investigation has been completed
Issot’s was a potential safeguarding issue, and was dealt with entirely appropriately. Given what’s been coming out in relation to youth football and abuse then I am not sure what the club or society should do differently.

Harassment and bullying is serious as well. If the “English” angle is true Bellamy has broken the law (Equalities Act), and I would be exceptionally surprised if he kept his job.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 03-01-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:24 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Issot’s was a potential safeguarding issue, and was dealt with entirely appropriately. Given what’s been coming out in relation to youth football and abuse then I am not sure what the club or society should do differently.

Harassment and bullying is serious as well. If the “English” angle is true Bellamy has broken the law (Equalities Act), and I would be exceptionally surprised if he kept his job.
The Issot issue wasn't dealt with appropriately, as the allegations were made to the press before any investigation took place - just as this.

As to what society should do differently, is treat people as innocent until proven guilty. All this current culture does is drag people's names through the mud before they've been proven guiltily.

Just as you've written " If the “English” angle is true Bellamy has broken the law...I would be exceptionally surprised if he kept his job" - The key word being "if". There should be no discussion of him losing his job at the moment, as he's not been proven guilty of anything.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:36 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Bellamy temporarily stepping down, and walking to Dave Madden’s with a 7 iron
Old 03-01-2019, 12:35 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Heard the victims dad on talk sport If true Bellemy is a total ****
Old 03-01-2019, 01:20 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Madden was quite happy to take on Wimbledon's crazy gang mob handed back in the day, so I'd love to see Bellamy try.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:21 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Simon Jordan talking on the subject of bullying...

Pretty sure Fraser Digby, Jamie Fullarton, Andy Linighan and Vic Bettinelli were all let go by the club for pulling the Jordan's for bullying younger members of the squad.

Not to mention Jamie Pollock basically named Simon Jordan for bullying him which caused him to go off the rails. I think SJ should keep his nose out of any talk about bullying.
The Pollock / Jordan shit wasn't bullying.

We'd just been trounced by some bang average team with Pollock in the stands serving a suspension.

After the game Pollock was all laughs and clearly pretty drunk. Jordan was on the warpath and came across a player who clearly gave zero shits about the result - leading to an inevitable arguement and Jordan telling Pollock he was done while Pollock gave the distinct impression he felt he was above Palace.

Neither came out particularly well but I have to say my lasting impression was that Pollock was an absolute tool and we were better off shot of him.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
He might wanna bring his driver, 3 wood, 5 iron and putter as well
Old 03-01-2019, 05:58 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Madden was quite happy to take on Wimbledon's crazy gang mob handed back in the day, so I'd love to see Bellamy try.
At 0:50

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 03-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Yes Mod. I believe he is quite the unit these days, so come and have a go if you fancy it Bellamy.

I sometimes wonder what might have been had Coppell gone left field in the cup final replay and brought in Madden to replace Pardew. He would have been awesome in that 4-5-1 formation, just imagine him as the deep lying playmaker with Thomas and Gray running around kicking people for fun, the Salad boy on one wing and, er, Mr 110 per cent on the other.
Old 15-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-05-2019, 06:11 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
The whole coaching system seems to be a jobs for the boys network. Obviously Bellamy is great at coaching youngsters because he has fast twitch muscles and could finish. Had he not had those attributes, he wouldn’t be a coach now.

Dont follow this. dont coaches have to hava qualifications to coach this level, and credibiity with possible future pros. Of course its a closed world made up mostly of ex pros