Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-05-2019, 10:00 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
Football seems to be the home of crazy decisions.
That is true. But he still won't go back to West Brom.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 17-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Banned by Moderators

Lee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Thargic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any chance he could end up at Bright*n?

That would be entertaining, but they wouldn't be.
Old 17-05-2019, 10:50 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Agreed. He’s the BFS of the championship. He’ll get another job but his stock has fallen.
Old 17-05-2019, 10:52 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Thargic View Post

That would be entertaining, but they wouldn't be.
Genuine question, why would it be entertaining if he ended up at the weed? He may be a horrible ****, but the job he did here was second to none and he had the players playing for him and the club. That win at home to chelsea is still my favourite result since we returned to the top flight. Before his arrival, we were barely competitive in many games under Holloway.
Old 17-05-2019, 12:19 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Got a horrible feeling he will end up at Brighton. Hopefully they’ll be after the opposite of the ultra negative tactics Hughton deployed at the end and get someone they deem as
‘progressive’ and drop like a brick.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 17-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Ironically we fit Pulis perfectly, a team who needed defensive drilling and had the players designed to play counter attack football, exactly what Pulis likes.

If he went to Brighton it would be interesting as Hughton seemed to have them playing in a similar way. If they quite have the players for the counter attacking part is another matter.

It will be turgid for sure.
Old 17-05-2019, 01:38 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
His career has nose dived since he left us....all because he didn't get his own way and stropped.
Old 17-05-2019, 01:40 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Agreed
Old 17-05-2019, 03:41 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Championship manager at best now.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 17-05-2019, 03:44 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Probably rules out Puncheon going there now. (Which I'm sure he is not too disappointed about!)
Old 17-05-2019, 03:58 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
No pay off for Pulls this time. Oof.
Old 17-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
No pay off for Pulls this time. Oof.
No doubt the slimy toss pot found a way to make a few quid at the bookies though.

Cricket wanker.
Old 17-05-2019, 10:48 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
His career has nose dived since he left us....all because he didn't get his own way and stropped.
I think he considered us too small a club for him.

He barely wanted to come here in the first place.
Old 18-05-2019, 02:35 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
A belated ho ho ho from me, what a twat.
Old 18-05-2019, 03:01 AM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Backstabbing wanker. Hope this means he's out of football for good
Old 18-05-2019, 03:31 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Did we ever get his house?
Old 18-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Boro maybe
Not West Brom, kept them out the bottom three, odd fanbase wanted him out and they ended up with pardew...and relegation
Pulis and Boro smacks of MM and Ipswich. Be careful what you wish for Boro fans...
Old 18-05-2019, 11:46 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nice when that happens, Bruce, Dowie, Freeman etc
Old 18-05-2019, 08:23 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Nice when that happens, Bruce, Dowie, Freeman etc

There does seem to be a footballing god up there. There are many examples of Managers who have s*** on us and have ended up no where.
Old 18-05-2019, 09:10 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
I have to say, the man gave me one of my most enjoyable afternoons. Playing Stoke away and 2,000 Palace fans belting out 'We are having your house'. Just after he lost the court case on his bonus.
The Stoke fans and even the police around us were grinning. Poor Steve Parish almost gave himself a hernia in the Stoke City Directors box trying not to laugh and pretend he could not hear the chant. I guarantee he was singing that song, all the way back down the motorway, in the privacy of his car.

So back to the thread title. He had a reputation for keeping up Premier League Clubs that were struggling and was paid big bucks for doing so. He walked out of a Premier league club - us. He then went to West Brom (still in the PL) but their results deteriorated and they sacked him to try and stop the rot.
Mr Pulis stock was falling. His next job was Middlesboro of the Championship where he has also just been sacked. I suspect he is now considered Championship standard only and he will struggle to ever get back into the PL without promotion.
...and of course, all that follows him walking away from us
Just another example of, 'don't mess with da Palace.'