Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-06-2019, 10:31 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Two Palace fans at loggerheads. Would never happen on here...
You must spread etc.
Old 15-06-2019, 10:33 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Joking about throwing acid in someone's face? Oh, that's funny, really funny.
Know your audience.

Best I don’t tell you the one about the pope and the exploding Ebola victim then.

It’s funny, really really funny.

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 15-06-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 15-06-2019, 11:02 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Know your audience.

Best I don’t tell you the one about the pope and the exploding Ebola victim then.

It’s funny, really really funny.
Can we crack out the Frankie Boyle jokes yet?
Old 16-06-2019, 12:36 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I’ve only heard the clip of what she said once but I don’t recall it referencing a specific person. Just something along the lines of ‘why are throwing milkshakes at politicians, it should be battery acid’. She didn’t say ‘we should throw BA at Farage’

Anyway, it was a shit and unfunny joke but feck me how the chuffing hell is this front page news ?

Pathetic
Yeah, fair enough, agree
Old 16-06-2019, 08:11 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post

She told the joke and it sounded like the whole audience laughed so clearly it wasn't that bad.
The audiences in the evening BBC Radio 4 'comedy' slots laugh loudly whenever one of the panel open his or her gob regardless of whether anything funny has been said. I can't understand it, but is it possible to understand people who choose to travel to be in the unseen audience of one of these shows rather than listen to it in the comfort of their own home. They play an important part in creating atmosphere, so perhaps their fawning, booming laughter is because, on the evening, that is their only purpose.
Old 16-06-2019, 08:18 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
The audiences in the evening BBC Radio 4 'comedy' slots laugh loudly whenever one of the panel open his or her gob regardless of whether anything funny has been said. I can't understand it, but is it possible to understand people who choose to travel to be in the unseen audience of one of these shows rather than listen to it in the comfort of their own home. They play an important part in creating atmosphere, so perhaps their fawning, booming laughter is because, on the evening, that is their only purpose.
Maybe you should try something different, you know, break out of your tired routine. Go outside, smell the flowers. Go to a gig, go to see some comedy. Watch a TV or radio show being filmed. Maybe you can't understand it because you have such a closed mind. Maybe you should try it.
Old 16-06-2019, 12:36 PM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Maybe you should try something different, you know, break out of your tired routine. Go outside, smell the flowers. Go to a gig, go to see some comedy. Watch a TV or radio show being filmed. Maybe you can't understand it because you have such a closed mind. Maybe you should try it.
I already have such a crowded routine - although much of it is very far from 'routine' - that I'd really struggle to fit anything else in. As it is, I'm usually out of bed by 4.30 am and not in bed until 10.30pm. Still - I suppose 6 hours sleep could be reduced to 5 and I could take in another gig.
Old 16-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Save some time by not worrying about who makes up the audience for Radio 4 shows.

Extra half an hour in bed right there.

No need to thank me.
Old 16-06-2019, 01:01 PM

But I do have to thank you for the suggestion that I might watch a radio show being filmed. That's the sort of idea that is original, to say the least.
Old 16-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
But I do have to thank you for the suggestion that I might watch a radio show being filmed. That's the sort of idea that is original, to say the least.
It’s something I have always wanted to do. (Watch one being recorded, that is).

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-06-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
It’s something I have always wanted to do. (Watch one being recorded, that is).
I've taken up Reps AJ's suggestion to try something different and I've signed up to join the BBC mailing list which is where tickets for such events are made available.

Can't wait to watch a radio programme being recorded !
Old 16-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I went to the studios to watch Later with Jools Holland being recorded many years ago. It was shit. An hour long show took about three hours to record, it was hot, you were not allowed any food and drink, f*ck that - I'd go down the pub instead and watch / listen to the finished article.
Old 16-06-2019, 03:20 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I went to the studios to watch Later with Jools Holland being recorded many years ago. It was shit. An hour long show took about three hours to record, it was hot, you were not allowed any food and drink, f*ck that - I'd go down the pub instead and watch / listen to the finished article.
Sounds great apart from the Jools Holland bit.
Old 16-06-2019, 03:27 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've taken up Reps AJ's suggestion to try something different and I've signed up to join the BBC mailing list which is where tickets for such events are made available.

Can't wait to watch a radio programme being recorded !
Umm...?

Popular shows can be hard to get. I've tried so many times to apply for Jools Holland audience tickets but no luck so far. Also even if you get tickets there's no guarantee of getting in as they over allocate. You need to make sure you get there early.
Old 16-06-2019, 03:55 PM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Broadly speaking I sit (just) on the side of the argument that says that, as JB is comedian who is known for being offensive in the name of comedy, we should not get too excited about it. I think she would reflect that it is actually quite a bad and unfunny joke anyway.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks she is advocating actually throwing battery acid over anyone.
Old 18-06-2019, 07:57 AM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Wouldn’t the polices time be better spent on dealng with knife crime or burglary?
Old 18-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
Wouldn’t the polices time be better spent on dealng with knife crime or burglary?
Yes, though I suspect they spent more time drafting a communication or two, then actual investigating.
Old 18-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
I went to see Eight out of Ten Cats being filmed years ago. Johnny Vegas was on it and he was drunk. Took absolutely ages to film and most of it wasn't funny at all. Credit to the editors, who managed to get enough out of the footage to make a reasonable show.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 18-06-2019, 10:04 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nice castle he has and there is a decent pub just up the road.
Old 18-06-2019, 10:13 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Mate of mine has a daughter working on the Piers Morgan life stories programmes.

He’s been dragged along to two of them, Harry Redknapp and Alan Sugar.

He says the experience is dreadful. Three hours plus, no breaks or refreshment and utterly tedious.

Cricket wanker.