Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-06-2019, 05:06 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
When you’re a manager picking a side in the most competitive league in the world, with the financial consequences of failure huge, throwing in kids is easier said than done. But I always feel we should take more risks in this area because until a youngster actually gets a taste of first team minutes, you don’t really know if they’ll sink, swim or excel AWB style.

I know this sounds absurd now, but I do wonder had we not had that ridiculous injury crisis 2 seasons ago, whether we would’ve seen much of AWB at all. It might’ve been a case of him going out on loan - as he was going to do before our injuries hit - then his capabilities would’ve become obvious.

Clyne was another one that got his chance through injury. A lot easier when in the Championship of course.
Whilst you could say we lobbed AWB in, as you can see from his video there was much more to his development than that.

He had trained with u23s then the first team. They had him marking Wilf and Andros... they knew he was ready to take a chance on.

We’ve had many many youngsters train with the first team over the years whom haven’t made it and it’s not because we didn’t just lob them on

Attitude plays a big part here too. We hosted many youth team players when I was at home with my parents. So many of the ‘star’ players in you youth set up were released (Coppell era.. he could spot a player!) , not on raw talent but from having the Charlie big bollox attitude ... ‘I’ve made it, I’m playing with the 1st team’... seen out in the Blue Orchid etc

Everyone that was released said ‘I’ll show them’ but not one went in to make it!
Old 15-06-2019, 09:57 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Reports in s*n Of Chinese person(s) involved in £220m takeover from yanks. One other party interested.
Old 15-06-2019, 10:31 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Reports in s*n Of Chinese person(s) involved in £220m takeover from yanks. One other party interested.
Other party also overseas buyer?
Old 15-06-2019, 10:42 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-06-2019, 11:05 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourne man View Post
Before the Bournemouth game I was talking to an old workmate mate of mine, He's an ex-Bournemouth player and was a coach when Harry managed them, He's still pretty tight with people at the club and knows the smug one quite well, I've mentioned him on here before, he told me that Glenn Murray had been down talking to Bournemouth and looking at houses, I posted it and got a load of grief until it was confirmed we were selling him to the cherries, so I have no reason to doubt him
Anyway getting back to it as we know rumours swirl around in football and he'd heard from talking to someone at Bournemouth that we were in takeover talks, I said I knew the yanks were looking to sell but then the mad Thai businessman's name got into the press and I said I hoped it wasn't him and he said it wasn't
Kept it myself as it seemed to have gone quiet but does seem one or two more are hearing little snippets of something
I posted on the last day of the season that there were rumours doing the rounds of a possible takeover with someone with mega money doing the rounds.

Didn't take too much stock at the time but there have been a few rumblings since from different places including one very highly placed (would be on a direct line to SP) that seem to suggest there maybe something happening!
Old 15-06-2019, 11:18 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
inaccurate but on the right lines Asian investor offered 150 MILLION and was laughed at, UK businessman with 2 others (some serious money) offered 220 Million has been accepted. Now its in the paper i feel its ok to talk about it.

Last edited by PHIL BARBER; 15-06-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Old 15-06-2019, 11:30 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
So Phil Is Steve staying at the helm?

Old 15-06-2019, 11:49 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
I have no idea, only that 220 seems a bit light for 100% ownership. But other than that, the detail is sketchy, what i do know is that there is a connection with Canada and UK and all 3 guys have mega mega money.
Old 16-06-2019, 12:02 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
I have no idea, only that 220 seems a bit light for 100% ownership. But other than that, the detail is sketchy, what i do know is that there is a connection with Canada and UK and all 3 guys have mega mega money.
Is the uk fella a Chelsea fan by any chance?.
Old 16-06-2019, 12:09 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
Depends if it's investment or a complete buy out.

Steve Parish has been his own boss for far too long to suddenly become an employee of the club he's (part) owned for 9 years.
Old 16-06-2019, 12:10 AM
On the move

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hard to think of anyone in Canada with the money or interest in Football.
Old 16-06-2019, 12:18 AM
On the move

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
U less it's MLSE. But they would want full, not part ownership
Old 16-06-2019, 12:21 AM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by britabroad View Post
U less it's MLSE. But they would want full, not part ownership
Who what are they ?
Old 16-06-2019, 12:36 AM
On the move

Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment. But I can't see it being them
Old 16-06-2019, 12:53 AM

rossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It could be potentially exciting news. But if it was true then id want it to happen fast as we cant have this hovering over us whilst the window is open
Old 16-06-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britabroad View Post
Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment. But I can't see it being them
its not a sports franchise.
Old 16-06-2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi71987 View Post
It could be potentially exciting news. But if it was true then id want it to happen fast as we cant have this hovering over us whilst the window is open
if it happens we will have serious money, i don't know how it will work with FFP.
Old 16-06-2019, 01:10 AM

rossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerossi71987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
if it happens we will have serious money, i don't know how it will work with FFP.
So it wont happen then
Old 16-06-2019, 01:35 AM
On the move

David Thomson?
Old 16-06-2019, 01:42 AM

CALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCALGARY stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Galen Weston? He does own selfridges in the UK