Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
3rd episode was very good. They really have got the casting spot on for this. There hasn't been a single character that hasn't looked pretty much exactly how I imagined them.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:22 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
Which bloke from the Wire? I assume you mean Aiden Gillen, who is actually Irish but does a good Baltimore accent.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Indeed I do.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:53 AM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
3rd episode was very good. They really have got the casting spot on for this. There hasn't been a single character that hasn't looked pretty much exactly how I imagined them.
I thought Gillen played Littlefinger a bit understated. I always picture Littlefinger to be a bit cheekier than he was in the show. Like the scene at the brothel where he goes "Dont tell anyone, Ive got a reputation to uphold" (along those lines). He said it so deadpan, I always imagined him to be more quirkier.

Yes, I know im nitpicking.
Old 19-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I loved the 5th episode but I was disappointed with Loras and Renly. Renly was far to weak and Loras was a scrawny boy where as the books portrayed him as a stunning young man.
Old 19-05-2011, 02:29 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not read the books (but definitely want to now!)

Really enjoying the series, has been great. Has anyone been watching Camelot on Starz as well?
Old 19-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt5
I loved the 5th episode but I was disappointed with Loras and Renly. Renly was far to weak and Loras was a scrawny boy where as the books portrayed him as a stunning young man.
Agree. They are the only castings I don't agree with. They've got the Clegane brothers spot on though.
Old 19-05-2011, 05:35 PM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Agree. They are the only castings I don't agree with. They've got the Clegane brothers spot on though.
I agree, everyone else has been spot on. Even the minor (although maybe not so minor) characters like Ser Barristan are exactly how I imagined them. I love the new scenes as well
Old 19-05-2011, 06:10 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
have to say I am very much enjoying the series!
Old 19-05-2011, 06:17 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really enjoying this.
I've forgotten so much of the story, especially as this is only the first half of the first book - or are we nearing the end of book 1?
(I know some characters have to be killed off yet!)

I can't see HBO making the entire story - they will need dozens of episodes and catch up with the books.
So what are they going to do?
Old 19-05-2011, 06:42 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Was anyone else completely oblivious to the Renly and Loras relationship when reading the books?

I looked it up, and now I see how the author had hinted at it, its quite obvious!
Old 19-05-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu
Was anyone else completely oblivious to the Renly and Loras relationship when reading the books?

I looked it up, and now I see how the author had hinted at it, its quite obvious!
I didn't pick it up until the third book. There is a line in there where Tyrion comments on the relation to one of the princes of Dorne. I then went online and thought I was stupid for not picking up on it and so many had. Now I am finding loads of people missed the signs.

Just out of interest, did you pick up on the theory behind Jon's true Mother? Won't say it on here, but I definitely didn't pick up on that.
Old 19-05-2011, 07:48 PM

christopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
I have only read Gardens of the Moon though and hear you should read at least the next two.
The two after GotM are incredible.
Old 23-05-2011, 12:57 PM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great series. Disappointed I've not read the books beforehand. Loving the nudity too. Would definitely have smashed that blonde whore's back doors in.
Old 23-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate
Great series. Disappointed I've not read the books beforehand. Loving the nudity too. Would definitely have smashed that blonde whore's back doors in.
Get on Spartacus too...on Sky 1 I think, you'll enjoy that if you like this
Old 23-05-2011, 01:12 PM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateEagle
Get on Spartacus too...on Sky 1 I think, you'll enjoy that if you like this
My mates keep saying about this, but I don't think I could justify two jug-fests to the missus!
Old 23-05-2011, 01:23 PM

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Latest episode was brilliant.

All the families and connections etc are confusing me though...

Are the annoying blonde family, the Lanisters, sons of the fat king?
Old 23-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter
Latest episode was brilliant.

All the families and connections etc are confusing me though...

Are the annoying blonde family, the Lanisters, sons of the fat king?
Joffrey, the young blonde lad, is the son of (officially) Robert, the king, and Cersei Lannister, the queen. Cersei, Jaime and Tyrion Lannister are the children of Tywin Lannister, one of the lords of the seven kingdoms, banker and wannabe king ( we haven't met him yet but soon I think).
Old 23-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Lovely

Oh, and I think I'm right in saying that Cersei and Jaime are twins.
Old 23-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Lovely

and clearly very close!
Old 24-05-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
I didn't pick it up until the third book. There is a line in there where Tyrion comments on the relation to one of the princes of Dorne. I then went online and thought I was stupid for not picking up on it and so many had. Now I am finding loads of people missed the signs.

Just out of interest, did you pick up on the theory behind Jon's true Mother? Won't say it on here, but I definitely didn't pick up on that.
I accidently saw one theory once, but I'm not sure if it's the same one you're talking about!

Involves a certain family and Ned being inclined to do the honourable thing...