Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-05-2019, 08:14 AM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sedlescombe Friday, massive mayfly hatch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trout 240519.jpg (1.33 MB, 46 views)
Old 28-05-2019, 09:12 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Good punchup ?

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 28-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Sedlescombe Friday, massive mayfly hatch.
But caught on a gold head viva?

(Powdermill I guess?)
Old 28-05-2019, 06:28 PM

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
But caught on a gold head viva?

(Powdermill I guess?)
Yes Powdermill, it was a very a bright day up until about 1pm and not much action but when some cloud came over it all changed. I tried with mayfly and got a few rises but couldn't connect, there were a couple of blokes near where I was on a boat doing it successfully. I gave it up and went to dragging the gold head about.

I've only been there twice but it seems a lot better than other places nearer me.
Old 28-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes Powdermill, it was a very a bright day up until about 1pm and not much action but when some cloud came over it all changed. I tried with mayfly and got a few rises but couldn't connect, there were a couple of blokes near where I was on a boat doing it successfully. I gave it up and went to dragging the gold head about.

I've only been there twice but it seems a lot better than other places nearer me.
I was lucky enough to have fished Powdermill during the mayfly as a guest for more years than I care to remember before I moved down to Dorset.

It is in my top ten places in the world that Iíve ever fished, not for the quality of the fishing obviously, but itís quiet, enclosed, nature along with its overhung, tree lined banks, made it an utter joy to fish.

And for what itís worth, I always caught way more on a Walkerís Mayfly Nymph than I ever did on drys at Powdermill, however strong the hatch. I completely understand your change to a gold head.
Old 28-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
You are talking in tongues
Old 28-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
You are talking in tongues
Piss off.
Old 28-05-2019, 09:31 PM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Fished there on Saturday and had exactly the same thing!
Sporadic rises everywhere but only connected twice. Both times the fly was sinking and I happened to notice the slightest movement and struck.
Beautiful place though. Quiet and pretty. Good value with my kids too as u16s share your limit for free.
Old 29-05-2019, 04:04 PM

Previous to discovering Sedlescombe, my top choice was always Lakedown however it was closed for a few months so had to find somewhere else.
Sedlescombe will be my main choice now.
Old 29-05-2019, 09:38 PM

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Previous to discovering Sedlescombe, my top choice was always Lakedown however it was closed for a few months so had to find somewhere else.
Sedlescombe will be my main choice now.
Is it still closed?
Not been there for years, probably since Daltrey actually ran it.
Off to chalk springs on Saturday.
Looking forward to that
Old 30-05-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim's Cannon View Post
Is it still closed?
Not been there for years, probably since Daltrey actually ran it.
Off to chalk springs on Saturday.
Looking forward to that
It did say closed on their website, it doesn't now but I haven't been there. It might be that there's just not enough business during the winter.

I don't know if Blind has been there but the place itself is every bit a nice as Sedlescombe.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-05-2019, 09:07 AM
Dis-Member

Quote:
It did say closed on their website, it doesn't now but I haven't been there. It might be that there's just not enough business during the winter.

I don't know if Blind has been there but the place itself is every bit a nice as Sedlescombe.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I fished it quite a lot about 20 years ago, mainly because it wasnít far from where I lived. Very scenic but, if Iím honest it didnít really do that much for me, we invariably ended up in one of the Burwash pubs by lunchtime having taken our limits.

Back then Powdermill was far more Ďnaturalí and mostly had to be fished from a boat as the trees encroached right down to the banks. It was quite a challenging water to fish and I never really got to properly understand it fishing wise.
Old 30-05-2019, 03:05 PM

Powdermill is a great fishery, though it does unfortunately expose my woeful inability to row a boat! Good value for money too.
We have fished there in the winter for Rudd too, when we had to put them all into big holding tanks to move on to other waters. There are some big fish in there.

As for Lakedown, I will give it another go this summer and report back. I always enjoyed it there.
Old 31-05-2019, 07:36 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
I fished it quite a lot about 20 years ago, mainly because it wasnít far from where I lived. Very scenic but, if Iím honest it didnít really do that much for me, we invariably ended up in one of the Burwash pubs by lunchtime having taken our limits.

Back then Powdermill was far more Ďnaturalí and mostly had to be fished from a boat as the trees encroached right down to the banks. It was quite a challenging water to fish and I never really got to properly understand it fishing wise.
Back when there was four of them Nige. Only The Bear and The Rose & Crown left now.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 22-06-2019, 08:29 PM

Won my second match of the year, this time the key fish was a 49cm Bass. Can't believe my luck 2 sizeable Bass in consecutive matches.

So far this year its been. Blank, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st. Its the blank that changed it, got a casting lesson and put on a consistent, consistent is the key, 15/20 yards over the entire match. (Plus a new lighter/longer rod).
Old 22-06-2019, 09:11 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Won my second match of the year, this time the key fish was a 49cm Bass. Can't believe my luck 2 sizeable Bass in consecutive matches.

So far this year its been. Blank, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st. Its the blank that changed it, got a casting lesson and put on a consistent, consistent is the key, 15/20 yards over the entire match. (Plus a new lighter/longer rod).
Nice one, great set of results Skint.

Iíve been quietly focusing on big bass for a bit. All my doubles from the beach have been taken within 30 yards of the beach, albeit when sunrise coincides with high tide. It really is a magic time to be out on the shore.

What is interesting is the number of re-catches, Iíd never thought of bass as being territorial before but they clearly are.
Old 22-06-2019, 09:16 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
You release bass? They'd be straight on the plate for me if they were a decent size.

Just bought a fixer upper boat. Be a few months till it's seaworthy but I can't wait to be back on the water again.
Old 22-06-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Nice one, great set of results Skint.

Iíve been quietly focusing on big bass for a bit. All my doubles from the beach have been taken within 30 yards of the beach, albeit when sunrise coincides with high tide. It really is a magic time to be out on the shore.

What is interesting is the number of re-catches, Iíd never thought of bass as being territorial before but they clearly are.
I've been wondering the same thing, they'll have names next and blokes on the beach wearing camo jackets.
Old 22-06-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
You release bass? They'd be straight on the plate for me if they were a decent size.

Just bought a fixer upper boat. Be a few months till it's seaworthy but I can't wait to be back on the water again.
I can't take them they're such magnificent looking things. I have a Sole and a couple of Trout in the freezer now but Bass I feel I have to get them back in the water.
Old 22-06-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I've been wondering the same thing, they'll have names next and blokes on the beach wearing camo jackets.
Lugworm Boilies?