Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-05-2019, 02:43 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
I do wonder what they have against the south pole.

SaulAlinsky
Old 02-06-2019, 07:03 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
I can't believe that I still waste my time thinking about this but how do flat-earthers explain sunrises and sunsets? I mean in the picture below what is stopping everyone on Earth from seeing the sun all the time? And why does the sun go down below the horizon on a flat Earth?
I've found a helpful video that explains this. (HINT: You totally cheat)

Old 02-06-2019, 07:40 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've found a helpful video that explains this. (HINT: You totally cheat)

What an idiot.

Place the camera angle just slightly below the level of the table, and you will only see the full height of the coin when it is at the front edge.

Raise the camera angle slightly so that you can just see the far end of the table edge (i.e. at the same level), and you will see the the full height of the coin all the way to the back edge. A two year old could work that out.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:13 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Old 03-06-2019, 07:59 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Assuming that he believes his Sun being 'small and far away' theory, then how does the Sun get to the other side of the Disc overnight?
Does it just skirt around the edge once it has gone over the horizon?
Oh minor flaw in that idea...
Old 03-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
To believe in flat earth is an act of faith, It is unusual for a flerfer to accept the quite simple and overwhelming facts demonstrating the globe once they have swallowed the kool-aid, However the real issue is why so many people are taken in by this type of nonsense. It goes beyond simple science denial. A starter list incudes.
Flat Earth
Anti Vaxers
Anti evolutionists
Moon landings were a hoax
Climate change deniers
911 inside jobber
Crank diets, from breatharians down.
And others.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
They are a bit like millennial cults. You know, the ones that predict the end of the world is coming on the whatever of whatever, based on some ancient texts. The date comes and goes and the world is still here, the rapture hasn't occurred. But the unperturbed cultists, rather than question their hypothesis, just adjust it slightly, assuming they just got their calculations wrong.

Some people are just desperate to believe what they believe. The evidence is just an annoyance. It's a fascinating psychological phenomenon.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
They are a bit like millennial cults. You know, the ones that predict the end of the world is coming on the whatever of whatever, based on some ancient texts. The date comes and goes and the world is still here, the rapture hasn't occurred. But the unperturbed cultists, rather than question their hypothesis, just adjust it slightly, assuming they just got their calculations wrong.

Some people are just desperate to believe what they believe. The evidence is just an annoyance. It's a fascinating psychological phenomenon.
So many calendars to choose from, so many dates for the end of the world...
Old 20-06-2019, 06:13 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Interesting....

Old 20-06-2019, 06:16 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I haven't seen a debate on Mercator versus Peters map for years.
Old 20-06-2019, 06:21 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Having just watched the rest of it ..... They are a couple of twats.
Old 20-06-2019, 06:21 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Counterpoint:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-06-2019, 06:48 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Interesting....

Lol, Antartica is on the bottom to stop it from leaking, lol
Old 20-06-2019, 07:05 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Lol, Antartica is on the bottom to stop it from leaking, lol
The flats earthers really believe that.
Old 20-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
And they believe there are armed soldiers there to prevent people from finding the edge.
Old 20-06-2019, 07:32 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
And they believe there are armed soldiers there to prevent people from finding the edge.
Without considering just how much man power it would take to monitor such a huge distance.

If you like this sort of thing I recommend the Sci Man Dan channel on youtube as each week he picks a flat earth video and rips it to shreds.

The thing on Netflix was fake news and part of controlled oposition where actors act like loonies so that when people see them they automatically discredit "The truth" because the people promoting the theory are mad. Or something like that
Old 20-06-2019, 07:38 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Interesting....

Every map is wrong because it's a display of a three dimensional object in two dimensions.

But it's not like it's impossible to buy a globe if you want one. Or download Google earth.
Old 20-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Interesting....

As an aside, it's well worth looking up more of Jay Foreman's videos. There's an interesting one on the plans for urban motorways in London; and another mapmen one about deliberate mistakes in maps for copyright reasons

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 20-06-2019, 07:50 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post

world would be boring if we don't have these flat earthers I reckon
Old 20-06-2019, 07:51 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:

I know these chaps are there, and they are not soldiers, scientists more like

To view the link you have to Register or Login