Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-04-2019, 11:09 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Yup, was one of his worst games on the ball.

Interesting you think he was defensively shocking though. Afterall no-one made more tackles than Meyer on Saturday in a Palace shirt. Only the full backs made more interceptions than him.

Basically Meyer won possession more times than any other player on the pitch on either side.

His passing was poor by his usual high standards, but he was only behind Kelly and Kouyate of those who started the game.

Saturday was a piss poor game with the whole team some way below where they are capable of but Meyer was far from the biggest culprit.

IF you take the most like for like comparison of a CM playing out of position wide you have James McArthur. I like Jimmy and you cannot fault his committment which Roy loves however look at the stats on them and you have to question why it was Meyer and not Jimmy who went off! (For the record, i would have taken them both off and but Townsend and Batshuayi on with Wilf going wide)

Meyer (71 minutes) Passes 29 @ 69% completion, no chances created, 2 shots, 0 on target, 4 tackles, 3 interceptions, no blocks, 1 clearance

McArthur (90 minutes) Passes 27 @ 48% completion, no chances created, 1 shot, 0 on target, 1 tackle, no interceptions, 1 block, 1 clearance
Interesting. I would say that Jimmy didn't waste opportunities like MM did and I wonder about mileage covered
Old 29-04-2019, 11:09 AM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
I remember poor old Jerry Murphy getting the same sort of stick as Max, yet he was very gifted player in a gifted team. Max is a stand out in our team and for those who think he will not stay if Roy stays I would say you are narrow versioned. Hopefully we will be able to improve the squad during the summer and Roy will be able to put out a team that is more expressive. That said we will still be solid at the back because that's how every successful team starts from the back.
Good player Jerry Murphy when we were struggling in early 80s in 2nd tier he was big reason we stayed up would have liked to see him on the pitch on sat with 79 team mates not many from that era there .
Old 29-04-2019, 11:13 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
P14 W6 D3 L5 F19 A17 GD+2 PPG 1.5
P22 W6 D4 L12 F24 A31 GD-7 PPG 1
Old 29-04-2019, 11:15 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Interesting. I would say that Jimmy didn't waste opportunities like MM did and I wonder about mileage covered
Opening minutes of 1st half, Meyer hit the side netting when he should have been crossing.

Opening minutes of second half, McArthur hit side netting when he should have been crossing.

Personally i thought the second half opportunity was the better of the 2 but not much in it. More than that though we need to be asking why our best 2 chances of the game were our 2 CM's playing out of position with chances from tight angles where crosses would have been better.
Old 29-04-2019, 11:15 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Of course he is a good player.
Old 29-04-2019, 11:16 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
You what?

Wilf loses us the ball more than any other player. Of the times against evertone we lost the ball due to poor control 40% of those occasions were Wilf. Of the occasions our players were dispossessed by the opposition, 40% of those occasions were Wilf.

Almost half the time our moves break down, they do so with him, he doesn't have a higher number of touches during a game to justify this. He is marked closer and often by more players but he often loses the ball because his control lets him down.

His tricks and fast feet win him free kicks and get him passed players but too often he loses the ball trying them.
Wilf is the only player that consistently tries (and somewhat often succeeds) at beating players though. Of course he’s going to lose the ball more than our sideways passing workhorse midfielders.
Old 29-04-2019, 11:19 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son View Post

What I don't really understand is why someone so young in his first season in English football, normally played out of position isn't cut some slack?
Alexander Sorloth anyone? Shame nobody was calling to cut him some slack and he's been written off
Old 29-04-2019, 11:21 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Played him wide.. still didn’t have a bad game and looked far better than MacArthur.. yet he’s getting stick. Odd bunch on here.
This!
Old 29-04-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Wilf is the only player that consistently tries (and somewhat often succeeds) at beating players though. Of course he’s going to lose the ball more than our sideways passing workhorse midfielders.
Yup there is that but it doesn't explain it all. Loses the ball 30% more than Richarlison and Salah do for example who are 2 of the others in top 5.

It is what you get with Wilf but i do think he tries to retain the ball himself (and loses it) in too many situations where a pass to a teammate was an obvious choice when losing the ball looked almost certain. Decision making could still be better but is why i don't think he is a top 6 player.
Old 29-04-2019, 11:28 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
Alexander Sorloth anyone? Shame nobody was calling to cut him some slack and he's been written off
to be fair though Sorloth has said his preferred position is on the wing...
Old 29-04-2019, 11:30 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
doesn't the fact we're comparing Jimmy and Meyer kind of say it all in regards to Meyer? I'm a huge fan of Jimmy, but Meyer should be head and shoulders above him regardless of position. Sadly, he isn't
Old 29-04-2019, 11:32 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
to be fair though Sorloth has said his preferred position is on the wing...
Exactly my point
Old 29-04-2019, 11:36 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Played him wide.. still didn’t have a bad game and looked far better than MacArthur.. yet he’s getting stick. Odd bunch on here.
Agreed. When he was substituted, we lost what little control of the midfield we had. Usually, when you play 442, 2 of the midfielders are wingers. Otherwise, you play them as a diamond. I cannot describe the shape it was or meant to be.
Old 29-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
Agreed. When he was substituted, we lost what little control of the midfield we had. Usually, when you play 442, 2 of the midfielders are wingers. Otherwise, you play them as a diamond. I cannot describe the shape it was or meant to be.
It is possible to play 4-4-2 without out and out wingers. RLC played on the left last season, but you wouldn't say he played as a winger. David Beckham was a right sided midfielder, but never a winger.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 29-04-2019, 11:57 AM

Beneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down lowBeneaglee will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve hail View Post
Of course he is a good player.
I think everyone wasn't expecting a like for like replacement of cayabe and unfortunately that is not the case.
Old 29-04-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneaglee View Post
I think everyone wasn't expecting a like for like replacement of cayabe and unfortunately that is not the case.
Oh i don't know.

Cabaye had hundreds of pages of threads criticising him, especially in the early years!
Old 29-04-2019, 12:41 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh i don't know.

Cabaye had hundreds of pages of threads criticising him, especially in the early years!
Yep..
Old 29-04-2019, 12:47 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh i don't know.

Exactly. A lot of people never got over the fact he wasn't going to be beating five players and sticking it in the top corner or pulling out defense-splitting passes from the half way line.

Werner Herzog
Old 29-04-2019, 12:50 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
By the way, it might be the Championship but Bannan is having a great season for SW, as this article indicates To view the link you have to Register or Login

Trigger warning: Contains large photo of Steve Bruce

Werner Herzog
Old 29-04-2019, 12:57 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
By the way, it might be the Championship but Bannan is having a great season for SW, as this article indicates To view the link you have to Register or Login

Trigger warning: Contains large photo of Steve Bruce
I liked Bannan, just never got a look in once Pulis then Warnock were managers.