Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-06-2019, 02:25 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Gulf of Tonkin II
Except Tonkin wasn't a false flag operation. This is. Iran is the next target for America as the U.S. needs a new war both economically and politically and has failed to find one. They couldn't grow the seeds of popular support to intervene militarily in oil-rich Venezuela. The CIA funding of ISIS and Syrian rebels didn't defeat Assad to allow the U.S. to control energy distribution through the country into Europe and a direct invasion is out because Syria is a Russian energy interest.

The hawks on Capitol Hill need a new target for their imperialism. Peace is bad for business in a post-Reagan plutocracy and economy. Those bombs and military contracts aren't going to replace themselves and it's been awhile since U.S. energy companies had any new foreign oil sources to grab. Very itchy trigger fingers on The Hill right now. Someone has to be bombed and asset-stripped and it's looking like Iran as its Islamic Fundamentalism makes a poor candidate as client state or protectorate for Russia or China. There's an election brewing too and a fresh rah-rah-rah war will help an unworthy president win a second term just like it did Bush II.

I wonder how the U.S. managed to attack those tankers without leaving their fingerprints?

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 15-06-2019 at 02:29 AM.
Old 15-06-2019, 05:28 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
Now why would Iran do that, I can think of a few reasons more why the Saudis would.
About half the story gets coverage. Several Iranian vessels have also been attacked and an Iranian oil rig burned. Seems likely to be an escalation related to Yemen, with both sides denying involvement
Old 15-06-2019, 05:42 AM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Except Tonkin wasn't a false flag operation. This is. Iran is the next target for America as the U.S. needs a new war both economically and politically and has failed to find one. They couldn't grow the seeds of popular support to intervene militarily in oil-rich Venezuela. The CIA funding of ISIS and Syrian rebels didn't defeat Assad to allow the U.S. to control energy distribution through the country into Europe and a direct invasion is out because Syria is a Russian energy interest.

The hawks on Capitol Hill need a new target for their imperialism. Peace is bad for business in a post-Reagan plutocracy and economy. Those bombs and military contracts aren't going to replace themselves and it's been awhile since U.S. energy companies had any new foreign oil sources to grab. Very itchy trigger fingers on The Hill right now. Someone has to be bombed and asset-stripped and it's looking like Iran as its Islamic Fundamentalism makes a poor candidate as client state or protectorate for Russia or China. There's an election brewing too and a fresh rah-rah-rah war will help an unworthy president win a second term just like it did Bush II.

I wonder how the U.S. managed to attack those tankers without leaving their fingerprints?
I think the American electorate have war fatigue. The conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq have come a heavy cost financially (to the tax payers) and emotionally. The human cost in particular effects the poorer parts of the states harder than it does the rich coastal cities as that's largely where the troops come from and those are the regions that vote red. Trump ran on an agenda of pulling troops out and I think he's reluctant to put them back because he knows it plays badly with his base. But I think there are some powerful players from the oil and defense industries that have his ear and are agitating for a bust up with Iran. The question is whether Trump will risk a further dent in already fragile numbers to grease the palms of his rich buddies? My gut is that no there'll be no American boots on Iranian soil before the election. In fact I think sense will prevail and it won't kick off at all - it'll just be a lot of sabre rattling - but who knows with nut jobs like Trump and Bolton in charge.
Old 15-06-2019, 06:09 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I get what you're saying about 'war fatigue', but Trump could start pushing the nuke button for fun and his dumb supporters would still go along with it.
Old 15-06-2019, 06:32 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
I get the impression with Trump he likes to ramp it up and then pull back. This makes him look like a war like leader and the a peace maker at the same time. So he can say I have averted this war/crisis. Not that he would use a word like averted.
Old 15-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
'I adverted the war with Briton and the Prince of Whales thinks I did a real good job.'
Old 15-06-2019, 02:20 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
I get the impression with Trump he likes to ramp it up and then pull back. This makes him look like a war like leader and the a peace maker at the same time. So he can say I have averted this war/crisis. Not that he would use a word like averted.
Agreed. Trump loves a bit of theatre. He also loves lying.
Old 15-06-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I get what you're saying about 'war fatigue', but Trump could start pushing the nuke button for fun and his dumb supporters would still go along with it.
Not sure about this. There are places his base wonít go - healthcare for instance. His base are largely nationalist and not particularly interested in foreign affairs and I think idea of their sons and daughters going off fight in Middle East seems pointless to them. People think Afghanistan and Iraq were mistakes and itíll be hard to spin an operation in Iran as something different.