Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-10-2018, 10:14 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Ben Shapiro.

Fan or not?

I am.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:21 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Is a tosser
Old 10-10-2018, 10:22 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Why, you young person you?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:25 PM

I like him because I agree with his conservative stand point.
Why do you think he's a tosser?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Squeaky chipmunk voice gives me a migraine, his stance on abortion, too religious, ultra Zionist.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:28 PM

Oh, and his stupid stance on guns.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Squeaky chipmunk voice gives me a migraine, his stance on abortion, too religious, ultra Zionist.
Apart from the squeaky chipmunk stuff it's good that you've made your point.
I respect that but respectfully disagree. I think I may agree with you on his abortion stance though. He puts a very good argument towards it though.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:04 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Don’t know a lot about him, but I did hear there was a protest about him speaking at a college... so he must say some shitty stuff... or college is full of snowflakes
Old 10-10-2018, 11:17 PM

I've yet to see him be out-argued...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-10-2018, 11:32 PM

Old 10-10-2018, 11:36 PM

I love him.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:36 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Fan or not?

I am.
I'm a fan of the fact that, like most right-wing commentators, his arguments are based on fact, logic and objectivity, even if through the prism of his political beliefs. This is in sharp relief to the growing numbers of hysterical nutters taking over left-wing politics who demonstrate tribal perspectives, an appreciation of emotion over reason and a resentful intolerance of any fact or any person who dares disagree with them, allowing them to feel justified in silencing dissent under various elaborations of political correctness. And I say that as an appalled left-winger.

At least someone like Shapiro would attempt to overturn my arguments without either using personal attacks, speaking only from the vantage of personal identity or refusing to even address any facts I may use against him. I respect Shapiro's sober intellectualism if not where it ultimately takes him in terms of his politics.

I just wish I could find more like Shapiro on my side of the political spectrum but it has been overtaken by the subjective notions that anyone supposedly marginalized or disenfranchised must automatically be right and incapable of fault in thought, word or deed and that justice is not a function of reality or morality but is based on the politics of gender, skin colour or sexuality. I rely on The Young Turks these days to get an insight that is both rational and in keeping with my politics because I can't find as many honest brokers of political thought on the left as I used to, before Identity Politics and Political Correctness turned political discussion into an impossible, childish circus.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
I'm a fan of the fact that, like most right-wing commentators, his arguments are based on fact, logic and objectivity, even if through the prism of his political beliefs. This is in sharp relief to the growing numbers of hysterical nutters taking over left-wing politics who demonstrate tribal perspectives, an appreciation of emotion over reason and a resentful intolerance of any fact or any person who dares disagree with them, allowing them to feel justified in silencing dissent under various elaborations of political correctness. And I say that as an appalled left-winger.

At least someone like Shapiro would attempt to overturn my arguments without either using personal attacks, speaking only from the vantage of personal identity or refusing to even address any facts I may use against him. I respect Shapiro's sober intellectualism if not where it ultimately takes him in terms of his politics.

I just wish I could find more like Shapiro on my side of the political spectrum but it has been overtaken by the subjective notions that anyone supposedly marginalized or disenfranchised must automatically be right and incapable of fault in thought, word or deed and that justice is not a function of reality or morality but is based on the politics of gender, skin colour or sexuality. I rely on The Young Turks these days to get an insight that is both rational and in keeping with my politics because I can't find as many honest brokers of political thought on the left as I used to, before Identity Politics and Political Correctness turned political discussion into an impossible, childish circus.
There's a reason you can't find a viable alternative to Shapiro's arguments...there are none.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:04 AM

Shapiro on transgenderism...

Old 11-10-2018, 12:26 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
There's a reason you can't find a viable alternative to Shapiro's arguments...there are none.
There's always an alternate view or there's nothing to debate. I respect how Shapiro reasons at least. I don't agree with the 'meat' of his politics but do enjoy how he disassembles the brainwashed, never-seen-the-real-world, university autodidacts who espouse extreme left-wing ideology such as 'rape culture' and the 'wage gap' in order to please tutors and win peer approval. I arrived at my position after years of absorbing politics and questioning my own morality, not because I was a sponge, ready to absorb whatever one-sided indoctrination that passes for education in most western universities today. The lunatics have taken over the asylum on the left, IMHO, and I miss the sensible rationale that drove left-wing politics until third wave feminism basically shifted the focus of left-wing politics into a frenzy of egocentrism, narcissism and virtue signalling.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Shapiro on transgenderism...

Old 11-10-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
There's always an alternate view or there's nothing to debate. I respect how Shapiro reasons at least. I don't agree with the 'meat' of his politics but do enjoy how he disassembles the brainwashed, never-seen-the-real-world, university autodidacts who espouse extreme left-wing ideology such as 'rape culture' and the 'wage gap' in order to please tutors and win peer approval. I arrived at my position after years of absorbing politics and questioning my own morality, not because I was a sponge, ready to absorb whatever one-sided indoctrination that passes for education in most western universities today. The lunatics have taken over the asylum on the left, IMHO, and I miss the sensible rationale that drove left-wing politics until third wave feminism basically shifted the focus of left-wing politics into a frenzy of egocentrism, narcissism and virtue signalling.
I disagree.
I think he talks 'the real world' to the esconsed.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:15 AM

Quote:
One of his best quotes, in actual fact, one of the best quotes ever - facts don't care about your feelings.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:53 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
As someone that has always considered himself to be most definitely in the left leaning category, I find myself being increasingly concerned by this recent fashion in debates where, for want of a better term, ‘left wingers’ don’t want to debate logically or calmly and just want to rabidly scream out empty accusations like ‘racist’ or ‘fascist’. When questioned a lot of these people cannot back up their claims with any real evidence whatsoever. It’s almost coming from a place of ego where by labelling others as these things it elevates themselves as somehow a better, kinder more advanced person.

Views have certainly become more extreme and volatile on all sides over recent years, and worryingly, the world does feel like it’s heading towards some kind of huge conflict again. Is it just a case of nature where tensions heat up until there’s a massive bang, then things settle down again? I think this forum is certainly a microcosm over the years of what I’m trying to say here.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel

Last edited by bubbs11; 11-10-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:24 AM

It's all coming true...