Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-06-2019, 03:57 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Iron Bru ..

And good luck.
Old 15-06-2019, 02:34 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Thank you for the messages. Appreciated.

Have let it until now to give an update to get my head around what my thoughts were about yesterday and to get a perspective from the BBSer who has gone over and above to offer me advice and assistance. Without their input I would not have been able to handle things in the way I have, as in many ways it has been outside of my normal way of acting and approaching things.

Finally after all this time the hearing started. Mrs Keltic accompanied me as my scribe. So massive thanks to her, was really pleased she was there and at times was invaluable when my emotions were at times getting the better of me as it helped to ground me.

The Sheriff gave a stern dressing down to my ex wife's solicitor re submitting evidence on the day and introducing a new witness on the day, who as it happens could not attend, so she tried to have the hearing postponed until the 4th of July. The Sheriff put her in her place over both matters. He then put me firmly in my place re the non attendance of two of my witnesses () and insisted the case continues witnesses or not stating that he did expect the hearing to last the day.

I had provided, in advance, to the Sheriff the 9 questions I wished him to ask my ex on my behalf (when I started working on this I had reached 50 questions and felt I would have gone upto 100 questions, but from the sensible advice I received it was clear I was trying to be Perry Mason!!)

Once the case actually started in earnest, my ex wife was via video link cross examined by her solicitor, then the Sheriff asked the questions I posed. Court adjourned for a short while to allow me to consider my follow up questions based on the answers she gave.

She clearly lied in at least a couple of the questions that were asked on my behalf, however the Sheriff did have his doubts and probed her more on a couple of them and she IMO tied herself in knots trying to answer them. I also o worded a question badly, so that the answer she gave concentrated on the part of the question which was not significant and never addressed the key part of the question.

I decided, rightly or wrongly, not to further probe her on what she had lied about, as I believed the Sheriff had picked on it, so simply asked the Sheriff to ask one more question of her and that was a rewording of the question that I had badly constructed the first time around.

After her cross examining by the safeguarder and then briefly again by her solicitor we broke for lunch. I felt quite comfortable on how things had gone in the morning.

When we returned I took to the witness box. My ex wife sat in court. If I had had a solicitor this would have been when I was cross examined by him or her. Instead the Sheriff asked me questions, then I was cross examined by her solicitor and then by the safeguarder.

I did not handle the experience as well I wanted and though not losing control in anyway I became too emotional, forgetful and muddled in my responses at times, I ended up failing to call the safeguarder up as a witness as I had intended such was my losing my train of thought during cross examination. I was poor, 4 out of ten at best!! When I left court I felt a little down and worrying I had blown it (However do not feel like that now).

The Safeguarder though was unbelievable when he came to cross examining me his final question to me was to ask me whether I could go to the last line of the Mental Health Officers report on my application to be my son's guardian, and to read it out to the court. Once I did he said no further questions. i read out;

'Mr Galstaun is assessed as suitable to become Welfare Guardian for his son.'

He must have felt very sorry for me and did the job I was meant to be doing !!!

The Sheriff, who I should point out has been fantastic throughout, asked both of us if we wanted to have our witnesses present and if so would allow the case to continue on the 4th of July. Both of us said yes. Providing no curve balls the case should come to an end on July 4th, and as I understand it, we will then be called back to court at a later date to get the Sheriff's verdict.

Mrs Keltic told me afterwards it had not quite gone as bad as I had thought, and relaying what happened in court to the person who has been so great with their help and advice, they felt that I was perhaps being a little too hard on myself. I learned some lessons so hopefully will perform better on the 4th.

To put a Palace spin on it, so as to better understand how I did in court, think of Sorlorth in a Palace shirt, trying hard, doing some good things, showing some potential but frustratingly showing his inexperience.
Old 15-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

Have let it until now to give an update to get my head around what my thoughts were about yesterday and to get a perspective from the BBSer who has gone over and above to offer me advice and assistance. Without their input I would not have been able to handle things in the way I have, as in many ways it has been outside of my normal way of acting and approaching things.

Finally after all this time the hearing started. Mrs Keltic accompanied me as my scribe. So massive thanks to her, was really pleased she was there and at times was invaluable when my emotions were at times getting the better of me as it helped to ground me.

The Sheriff gave a stern dressing down to my ex wife's solicitor re submitting evidence on the day and introducing a new witness on the day, who as it happens could not attend, so she tried to have the hearing postponed until the 4th of July. The Sheriff put her in her place over both matters. He then put me firmly in my place re the non attendance of two of my witnesses () and insisted the case continues witnesses or not stating that he did expect the hearing to last the day.

I had provided, in advance, to the Sheriff the 9 questions I wished him to ask my ex on my behalf (when I started working on this I had reached 50 questions and felt I would have gone upto 100 questions, but from the sensible advice I received it was clear I was trying to be Perry Mason!!)

Once the case actually started in earnest, my ex wife was via video link cross examined by her solicitor, then the Sheriff asked the questions I posed. Court adjourned for a short while to allow me to consider my follow up questions based on the answers she gave.

She clearly lied in at least a couple of the questions that were asked on my behalf, however the Sheriff did have his doubts and probed her more on a couple of them and she IMO tied herself in knots trying to answer them. I also o worded a question badly, so that the answer she gave concentrated on the part of the question which was not significant and never addressed the key part of the question.

I decided, rightly or wrongly, not to further probe her on what she had lied about, as I believed the Sheriff had picked on it, so simply asked the Sheriff to ask one more question of her and that was a rewording of the question that I had badly constructed the first time around.

After her cross examining by the safeguarder and then briefly again by her solicitor we broke for lunch. I felt quite comfortable on how things had gone in the morning.

When we returned I took to the witness box. My ex wife sat in court. If I had had a solicitor this would have been when I was cross examined by him or her. Instead the Sheriff asked me questions, then I was cross examined by her solicitor and then by the safeguarder.

I did not handle the experience as well I wanted and though not losing control in anyway I became too emotional, forgetful and muddled in my responses at times, I ended up failing to call the safeguarder up as a witness as I had intended such was my losing my train of thought during cross examination. I was poor, 4 out of ten at best!! When I left court I felt a little down and worrying I had blown it (However do not feel like that now).

The Safeguarder though was unbelievable when he came to cross examining me his final question to me was to ask me whether I could go to the last line of the Mental Health Officers report on my application to be my son's guardian, and to read it out to the court. Once I did he said no further questions. i read out;

The Sheriff, who I should point out has been fantastic throughout, asked both of us if we wanted to have our witnesses present and if so would allow the case to continue on the 4th of July. Both of us said yes. Providing no curve balls the case should come to an end on July 4th, and as I understand it, we will then be called back to court at a later date to get the Sheriff's verdict.

Mrs Keltic told me afterwards it had not quite gone as bad as I had thought, and relaying what happened in court to the person who has been so great with their help and advice, they felt that I was perhaps being a little too hard on myself. I learned some lessons so hopefully will perform better on the 4th.

To put a Palace spin on it, so as to better understand how I did in court, think of Sorlorth in a Palace shirt, trying hard, doing some good things, showing some potential but frustratingly showing his inexperience.
Mate ffs don’t beat yourself up about ‘performance’. Totally alien environment (assuming you haven’t been up in front of the beak a stack of times..!) and the Sheriff will no doubt take all that into account.

You’ve done unbelievably well just to get to this stage so you should not worry.

Fingers crossed for the right outcome for you
Old 15-06-2019, 02:56 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Mate, you’re only human and doing the best you can.

Plus many of us tend to magnify the mistakes we’ve made and forget all the good stuff. I know it’s hard but try to focus your energy on anything you need to get done at the next stage, rather than dwelling on ifs and maybes about this week.

The Sheriff will know it’s an emotional, stressful experience and will hopefully give you qudos for persevering when others would walk away. Your support team sound great too.
Old 15-06-2019, 05:17 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Good luck Cary.
Old 15-06-2019, 05:46 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
You're a very courageous chap Exiled and your huge integrity is plain for all to see. Best wishes.
Old 16-06-2019, 01:16 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Thanks for sharing that.

My response to your analogy is that this means that you are up there with the best.

Hope you get a positive outcome.
Old 16-06-2019, 03:16 PM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done.All the best for the 4th
Old 17-06-2019, 08:03 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good luck & thanks for the update.
Old 18-06-2019, 11:54 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
The sheriiff will be looking for the truth and not how well you "performed" - do not worry about it. Better to be honest and unsure than definite and wrong.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 18-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:

Glad to see you have a bit more clarity now Exiled. Chin up mate!
Old 18-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:

Touch of hayfever around here today.
Old 19-06-2019, 06:51 AM
the lovely river mole

jolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done thinking of you
Old 19-06-2019, 07:10 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Mate ffs don’t beat yourself up about ‘performance’. Totally alien environment (assuming you haven’t been up in front of the beak a stack of times..!) and the Sheriff will no doubt take all that into account.

You’ve done unbelievably well just to get to this stage so you should not worry.

Fingers crossed for the right outcome for you
This all day long ^^^^, best of luck mate .
Old 19-06-2019, 07:20 AM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done Exiled. The first time in the box is always the hardest so I’m sure you will do really well next time round.

Fingers crossed for you.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Isn’t today the day.

If so the very best of luck to Exiled
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:50 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Isn’t today the day.

If so the very best of luck to Exiled
Hi yes, Adlers and thanks.

When I feel up to doing so will give greater detail but the case has now ended and we now await the Sheriff's decision. Not sure when this will be but reckon I will hear something in a couple of weeks time.

My impression, and I could be wrong is that the Sheriff is considering granting my ex wifes guardianship renewal application or appointing the local authority.

I am left scratching my head when I felt my strong arguments appeared not to be considered of great significance, but not much I can do now, so will just have to wait on the Sheriff's decision.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:54 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hi yes, Adlers and thanks.

When I feel up to doing so will give greater detail but the case has now ended and we now await the Sheriff's decision. Not sure when this will be but reckon I will hear something in a couple of weeks time.

My impression, and I could be wrong is that the Sheriff is considering granting my ex wifes guardianship renewal application or appointing the local authority.

I am left scratching my head when I felt my strong arguments appeared not to be considered of great significance, but not much I can do now, so will just have to wait on the Sheriff's decision.
You’ve gone above and beyond mate.

Whatever happens you can be most proud of yourself, you couldn’t have done more.

All the best.

Cricket wanker.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:06 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
That ^

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
You’ve gone above and beyond mate.

Whatever happens you can be most proud of yourself, you couldn’t have done more.

All the best.
Absolutely.