Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:46 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Help connecting old mobiles to PC

I'm trying to download photos and videos from three old phones (2 Nokia, 1 iPhone) onto a PC, but both laptop and PC just don’t recognise the phones so can’t extract photos.

Doing it for a friend of mine as there are some very sentimental family videos she wants to save onto DVD and such. She’s just given me the USB leads for each phone and I thought it would be as easy as just plugging in to PC and downloading them.

Have looked to solve the solution through You Tube but nothing’s worked so far.

Thought the BBS might come to the rescue. Any advice will be gratefully received.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 01-01-2019, 02:03 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
The best bet, if you've found no help with google, might be to call a company like Jessops or snappy snaps who do a video transfer service. You never know.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:13 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Try looking up Nokia PC Suite (or similar?) which is Nokia's official PC phone connection program. This program might work but it may possibly be the USB cable as some cables are wired for power only not data so you may need to try some different cables for the phone to be recognized. I still have older Nokia phones and the cables are often the problem.

Do the phones have Wifi or Bluetooth so the pictures can be sent wireless to another phone or PC?
Old 01-01-2019, 06:51 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Thanks Coastal - definitely a good last resort.

LN1 - the WiFi/Bluetooth is a great idea
- just need to get my head how to navigate a Nokia! Will look to try that first, if not I think it may be a case of getting the right cable - I saw a You Tube video that actually mentioned that. Many thanks.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel