Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
4k sport coverage without Virgin/Sky subscription?

Finally got round to getting our new TV, after finally get bored of the 10 year old Sony Bravia which got handed down to me from my parents.

Currently have a Virgin TV subscription with all the packages, and the occasional match broadcast in 4K is excellent.

However, we're looking at getting rid of Virgin as it just costs too much money, and unfortunately if you want sports you have to pay top whack (movies, kids tv, etc etc).

So, is there a way of being able to watch sport in 4K (where broadcast) without having to pay a hefty subscription to Sky or Virgin?

We were thinking of going down the Now TV route before getting the TV, so that when there's something I want to watch then I can just pay for it, but I don't think they have 4K content? The new TV has the Now TV app built in, so we don't have to buy a box, but I'm unsure if 4K sport will be available on there.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:24 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
No is the answer.

But IPTV will give a chance to get loads of channels many that have FHD usually for tiny fraction of the price. IPTV is superb actually.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:25 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Not sure you can even get HD on Now TV as it goes.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:02 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is the one thing that dawned on me when I purchased a 4K TV... it is near impossible to get 4K content online - even if you want to pay for it.

I can't find a single decent online provider of films in 4K
Old 11-05-2019, 11:01 AM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
It is the one thing that dawned on me when I purchased a 4K TV... it is near impossible to get 4K content online - even if you want to pay for it.

I can't find a single decent online provider of films in 4K
I've got a decent choice of 4k films and TV from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Ratuken. It's the sport I'm concerned about if we ditch Virgin.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:08 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The actual 4k content on Netflix and Amazon is incredibly limited
Old 11-05-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
The actual 4k content on Netflix and Amazon is incredibly limited
Yeah there's not loads. But it'll do for me for the time being. Having Amazon Prime and the premium Netflix account is finally paying off.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:01 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-05-2019, 12:52 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Please note:
- Some apps & services may not be available outside of the UK, including Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- NOW TV passes automatically renew at the end of 1 month unless cancelled.
- Wireless broadband (minimum speed 2.5 Mbps) required.
- NOW TV streams in 720p.
- If your selected NOW TV bundle doesn't include a physical voucher, your NOW TV Pass(es) may be preloaded onto your device. You will be able to redeem your passes when you sign into your NOW TV account.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 17-05-2019, 02:52 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
Please note:
- Some apps & services may not be available outside of the UK, including Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- NOW TV passes automatically renew at the end of 1 month unless cancelled.
- Wireless broadband (minimum speed 2.5 Mbps) required.
- NOW TV streams in 720p.
- If your selected NOW TV bundle doesn't include a physical voucher, your NOW TV Pass(es) may be preloaded onto your device. You will be able to redeem your passes when you sign into your NOW TV account.
Nobody likes a know-all, Norwich.