Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 22-05-2019, 02:55 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Itís a discussion... not a argument.
Ok. My contribution to the discussion is that you have got your facts completely wrong. And it would seem you got your facts about Saudi Arabia wrong as well. Who knew?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
You have to wonder how they came up with Michael Howard, or Ian Duncan Smith.

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
The Tory system makes it interesting. In a straight vote from members Johnson wins by a mile, but they only get to vote on the top two and it's quite possible MPs will shut him out.
Indeed the extent amongst tory MPs of the internal politicking/lobbying/stabbing/deal making/deal breaking/positions sought/promises made etc in what is already a whirling cesspit of the ambitious, devious, egotistical and morally bankrupt must be quite something to behold.

Naked power at play at its most naked. Would love to be a fly on the wall.
Old 22-05-2019, 02:57 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Oh and re: Max and Heb sitting on the high horse of sanctimony, I can apologise to the opening poster for derailing the thread.
Old 22-05-2019, 02:58 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
If youíd prefer not to discuss you working for countries with awful human rights records, I totally understand.
I've no interest in discussing me at all, let alone a fake version of me you've imagined for yourself. If you want to talk about the ethics in general of working in (or indeed for) countries with awful human rights records I'm happy to, though this might not be the best thread for it. I gave you a pretty detailed reply of my views above which you mainly ignored in favour of trying to have another pop.
Old 22-05-2019, 02:58 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Ok. My contribution to the discussion is that you have got your facts completely wrong. And it would seem you got your facts about Saudi Arabia wrong as well. Who knew?

Ok, I appreciate your feedback.

I still think youíre a silly sausage.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:00 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Tory leadership election

Quote:
I've no interest in discussing me at all, let alone a fake version of me you've imagined for yourself. If you want to talk about the ethics in general of working in (or indeed for) countries with awful human rights records I'm happy to, though this might not be the best thread for it. I gave you a pretty detailed reply of my views above which you mainly ignored in favour of trying to have another pop.

Iím not having a pop. Itís not personal... you said people can be righteous when it suits them. I reminded you, that you sought employment in a country with a shitty human rights record.

If anything Iíve said is not true... I will of course apologise.

Last edited by mushroom; 22-05-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
You have to wonder how they came up with Michael Howard, or Ian Duncan Smith.
Seeing Anne Widdecombe nodding away like a jowly zombie from the 18th century next to Nigel Farage yesterday was quite a sight.

Of course she famously said Howard had something of the night about him, which I always thought was akin to the coffin compalining about the vampire.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Seeing Anne Widdecombe nodding away like a jowly zombie from the 18th century next to Nigel Farage yesterday was quite a sight.

Of course she famously said Howard had something of the night about him, which I always thought was akin to the coffin compalining about the vampire.
I may have posted this before, but in 1997 she backed arch-Europhile Ken Clarke on the Tory leadership, while John Bercow backed the anti-European John Redwood.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-05-2019, 03:10 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iím not having a pop. Itís not personal... you said people can be righteous when it suits them. I reminded you, that you sort employment in a country with a shitty human rights record.

If anything Iíve said is not true... I will of course apologise.
It's obviously personal. Pretending you're not having a pop when you've made most of the thread about me is just weird.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I may have posted this before, but in 1997 she backed arch-Europhile Ken Clarke on the Tory leadership, while John Bercow backed the anti-European John Redwood.
I think I read 100,000 conservative members voted for Clarke to be PM.

Impossible to imagine now.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:16 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quite. I doubt they have 100000 members
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Quite. I doubt they have 100000 members
Very possibly not - in March 2018 they had 124,000 members, and I expect they've lost a few since then.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 22-05-2019, 03:26 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
It's obviously personal. Pretending you're not having a pop when you've made most of the thread about me is just weird.

I can guarantee itís not personal. I have no axe to grind, I just feel you were being a tad hypocritical. Youíre not beyond criticism Heb. Iíve not insulted you, just your comments about people being ďrighteous when it suits themĒ... just set off my hypocrisy alarm.

We are all hypocrites to different degrees.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:36 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I can guarantee itís not personal. I have no axe to grind, I just feel you were being a tad hypocritical. Youíre not beyond criticism Heb. Iíve not insulted you, just your comments about people being ďrighteous when it suits themĒ... just set off my hypocrisy alarm.

We are all hypocrites to different degrees.
Yep, but before going off on one you would be a lot more credible if you got your basic facts right.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:39 PM

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

This says 32.5 for 2018. Has risen in the past year but lower than 11 years ago according to this blurb.
Cheers for digging that out. Given that more people are relatively poor and the richest 1% are much richer, it would suggest that basically over 75% of the country are worse off than 10 years ago.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:40 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Yep, but before going off on one you would be a lot more credible if you got your basic facts right.

Semantics

He sought employment in a country with terrible human rights record. Then criticised people for being righteous when it suits.
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Him and Apologetic John, whose own sanctimony is a truly wonderful thing.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Anyway, anyone got any guesses on who will be the next Tory leader?
Liddington as caretaker PM by tonight if Westminster journalists can be believed. Maybot is being decommissioned this evening according to whispers in the corridors.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambridge Eagle View Post
Liddington as caretaker PM by tonight if Westminster journalists can be believed. Maybot is being decommissioned this evening according to whispers in the corridors.
I'm figuring you too have seen this tweet from Sky journo Jon Craig

Quote:
Very senior MP tells me the word from the Cabinet corridor in the HoC is that the PM will resign tonight, Andrea Leadsom is poised to resign to launch a leadership bid, others may also resign & David Lidington will take over as acting PM. Unconfirmed!