Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 22-05-2019, 04:51 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Poor mushroom.

Fed bullshit and kept in the dark by Apologetic John.

Cheers bro.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:00 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I had forgotten that Chilegate was thread of the year incidentally.

And, blimey, nine years ago. But top marks to AJ for reminding us all.
Still my favourite BBS thread.

Almost reads like a modern day Shakespeare play.

One of your finest moments on the BBS Maz

I have just read the first page of it and am already laughing.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-05-2019, 05:05 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I think you sound hypocritical if you criticise people for being “righteous when it suits” if you financially benefited from a corrupt country.

I totally understand why you don’t want to discuss this... I wouldn’t either.

You can criticise politicians all you like... you are totally free to do so in this country.
So for you, a lawyer working for a NGO fighting the death penalty in the Middle East is a hypocrite because they get paid and so "financially benefit" from their job?
Old 22-05-2019, 05:08 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

This will always be my favourite thread

And I don't even hate Charlton.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:08 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

I miss Barbara

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-05-2019, 05:19 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I miss Barbara
Yes me too. A number of regular posters from that time no longer contribute much these days. There again as you say 9 years ago so hardly surprising.

I am on page 4 now, and in response to a complaint about personal insults you write;

Quote:
Well quite.

Which is why I was astounded when you insulted not just me, but Barbara as well, (as her response indicated).

Is the poor little gander not able to take his sauce?
Old 22-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Semper Idem

You were a cheekie newbie in them days.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-05-2019, 05:25 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
So for you, a lawyer working for a NGO fighting the death penalty in the Middle East is a hypocrite because they get paid and so "financially benefit" from their job?

No.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
No.
Good to hear what you do does matter. Thanks.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:

A modern day Shakespearean tragedy v A modern day Shakespearean comedy
Old 22-05-2019, 05:32 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Good to hear what you do does matter. Thanks.

No probs
Old 22-05-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
You were a cheekie newbie in them days.
Social media naivety replaced by cynical grumpiness 9 years later.

Thank you BBS
Old 22-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:

How have we got to hating Charlton on a Tory leadership election thread?
Old 22-05-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
How have we got to hating Charlton on a Tory leadership election thread?
This is by far one of the best highjacking of a thread I can recall. Not sure who started it but thank you to whoever it was.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:40 PM
Semper Idem

Mushroom and his personal off-thread digs.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-05-2019, 05:42 PM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Pinochet.

(I don't know how all-encompassing mushroom's mighty moral compass is).
You can't have any moral high ground on that. When we were at war with the Argy's he helped us. That's British soldiers lives or maybe even a loss of a war because the Argy's professional army had be facing the Chilean border.

You have to take in the whole picture of what was going on, not just the opinion of left wing bigots in the Guardian.

Remember that when you are posturing righteousness over Pinochet, we owe him. Sometimes its best to just stop talking.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:44 PM

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambridge Eagle View Post
Not sure the data is sufficiently up to date? World Bank website only goes up to 2015 from what I can see.

If you look at relative poverty you can see it has been going up in recent years and has increased since 2010:

Who cares about relative poverty, its just a game. Absolute poverty is the concern.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Anyway, anyone got any guesses on who will be the next Tory leader?
I'm hoping Gove, about time we had someone clever, it'll be Raab though.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
…………………….

I think your post is downright nasty, very personal, and worthy of an offficial complaint to the Mods TBH. But for years that has been your posting style. I can't say I am surprised, but you constantly disappoint. ………...
That's not going to happen, he is the CPFC BBS. He can say what he likes and get away with it.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:50 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Mushroom and his personal off-thread digs.

You’re not too old to go over my knee.