Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Ah ok. It changed from 15 to 16 in 2014/15 and changed to 18 the next season apparently. Odd. I wonder if that applied to all county FAs.
As I wrote just before, I don't think that County FAs have the ability to alter these FA rules locally.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:50 AM
18 years for 3,670 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What I notice in Women's football is the space they have and therefore the time they're allowed (in most cases) on the ball..which slows the game down.

I know there's a view that the goals should be made smaller..maybe there's a call for the pitch to be bought in a couple of metres on all sides?

Nevertheless I enjoyed the game yesterday and some of the flashes of skill impressive.
e.g. that three woman move out of a tight defensive situation.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:59 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o View Post
What I notice in Women's football is the space they have and therefore the time they're allowed (in most cases) on the ball..which slows the game down.

I know there's a view that the goals should be made smaller..maybe there's a call for the pitch to be bought in a couple of metres on all sides?

Nevertheless I enjoyed the game yesterday and some of the flashes of skill impressive.
e.g. that three woman move out of a tight defensive situation.
I enjoyed the lack of diving, shouting at the ref and general cnuty behaviour, though England slipped in a little of it after Scotland scored.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:01 PM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
And man city ladies defenders can't pass a ball to their team mates as well.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:49 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just watched/endured first half of Argentina v Japan. Fecking awful.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:53 PM

Poacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoacher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My wife is filling in the wallchart...……………….
Is this payback time?
Old 10-06-2019, 04:53 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
Pretty poor game but the worst thing is those sodding assistant referees keeping their flag down even when the attacker is five or ten yards offside. Play goes on for half an hour and then suddenly the flag goes up.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I watched a bit of the Eng game yesterday and was trying to get a straight edge on the standard compared to the men’s game. I reckoned one league below conference

Fair ?
Old 10-06-2019, 05:35 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
I understand why we do it, but what's the point of comparing?
Old 10-06-2019, 05:38 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
I understand why we do it, but what's the point of comparing?
No I wasn’t comparing ‘literally’ I just idly wondered what level they would ‘fit into’ in the men’s game. Which I suppose is comparing. But not literally. I suppose. Probably. Perhaps
Old 10-06-2019, 05:48 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
No I wasn’t comparing ‘literally’ I just idly wondered what level they would ‘fit into’ in the men’s game. Which I suppose is comparing. But not literally. I suppose. Probably. Perhaps
Elite women’s international sides regularly play and sometimes lose to u15s and u16s. So there’s your answer. Wherever you think 15 and 16 year old boys from professional academies could play on the English football pyramid.

The physical differences just can’t be compensated for, not just the obvious things like speed, height, strength, but men also have faster reaction times. From what I’ve heard, girls and boys are fairly even football wise until they turn 11- 13 and puberty hits, and the gap keeps getting wider from there on.

But, the technical side is still very much there. And at the end of the day, it’s all relative. Brazil’s Marta still looks spectacular skinning admittedly slower and weaker female defenders.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-06-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I watched a bit of the Eng game yesterday and was trying to get a straight edge on the standard compared to the men’s game. I reckoned one league below conference

Fair ?
A couple of leagues lower I reckon, at least.

I think comparisons are valid because non-league players with more skill and playing in front of bigger crowds don't expect to be handed professional contracts and have live coverage on terrestrial TV.

You can watch a women's tennis match or golf tournament and see truly world class sport, currently women's football doesn't offer anything that you couldn't see for free down the park from two top Sunday sides.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
Grim wasn't it ... gave up at half time. The Argentinian number 10 deserved an Oscar for her play acting after a Japanese player barely touched her.

Have seen better football at levels 7 and 8 (Rymans/Isthmian Premier League/South).

The first half of the Norway vs Nigeria match was much better. Norway outclassed Nigeria but Nigeria made it an entertaining 45 minutes of football.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Call me Ishmael

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post

You can watch a women's tennis match or golf tournament and see truly world class sport, currently women's football doesn't offer anything that you couldn't see for free down the park from two top Sunday sides.
If you think comparisons are relevant, then the top female tennis players would struggle to beat a single man in the top 500.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
If you think comparisons are relevant, then the top female tennis players would struggle to beat a single man in the top 500.
Oooh don’t know about that mate.

The number 5,4,3,2,1 women seeds would smash the 300-400 seeded men
Old 10-06-2019, 07:31 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
The Japan/Argentina match was the seventh 0-0 draw in Women's World Cup history. It seems there's that many in every Men's World Cup.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:40 PM
Landlord

Son of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Selhurst came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher View Post
My wife is filling in the wallchart...……………….
Is this payback time?
Matchpots? Time to redecorate the lounge?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:41 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
The Japan/Argentina match was the seventh 0-0 draw in Women's World Cup history. It seems there's that many in every Men's World Cup.
Japan were far superior but couldn’t create much at all.

Argentina defended with their lives though.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:41 PM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oooh don’t know about that mate.

The number 5,4,3,2,1 women seeds would smash the 300-400 seeded men
No way

Not that it’s relevant anyway
Old 10-06-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
No way

Not that it’s relevant anyway
Well it is relevant to the question

The top women tennis players are very very strong now.