Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-06-2019, 10:24 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Because they think he's a twunk over there as well.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
In answer to Eagle Marts original post, manning the barricades over this is probably a little premature.

There was local uproar over this when a couple of recreation grounds and green spaces appeared on the list. Local councillors were inundated with complaints which resulted in a detailed response explaining why this exercise was taking place. I'll post it if I can find it but IIRC, it is an exercise councils are obliged to undertake and certainly doesn't mean these sites have been earmarked for development. A similar exercise took place place a couple of years ago to identify sites for possible housing development, which caused similar angst.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
So you are here because?
To discuss the subject of the thread.

Something you and several others don't seem capable of.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:02 AM

CJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Putting a Palace twist on the conversation.

I notice that Whitehorse Meadows, which is behind the houses opposite the ground in Whitehorse Lane, is one of the areas designated for review as a Local Green Space. I know the club were seriously looking at this as an alternative site for re-location a few years ago.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:24 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
In answer to Eagle Marts original post, manning the barricades over this is probably a little premature.

There was local uproar over this when a couple of recreation grounds and green spaces appeared on the list. Local councillors were inundated with complaints which resulted in a detailed response explaining why this exercise was taking place. I'll post it if I can find it but IIRC, it is an exercise councils are obliged to undertake and certainly doesn't mean these sites have been earmarked for development. A similar exercise took place place a couple of years ago to identify sites for possible housing development, which caused similar angst.
Understandable. This is a densely populated borough, in comparison with many, with limited green space.

This ‘exercise’ must have some end purpose or why do it? Why put locals through unnecessary stress?
Old 11-06-2019, 12:30 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
To discuss the subject of the thread.

Something you and several others don't seem capable of.
oh the irony

SaulAlinsky
Old 11-06-2019, 12:31 PM

Dodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
**** me.

For sensible, rational conversation people should head over to the new improved BBS To view the link you have to Register or Login
Clicked link, top thread on view ‘Glad the c*nts stayed up’.

Certainly gives good first impression of sensible, rational conversation.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Understandable. This is a densely populated borough, in comparison with many, with limited green space.

This ‘exercise’ must have some end purpose or why do it? Why put locals through unnecessary stress?
The survey or potential housing sites I mentioned was a MHCLG requirement and here is an explanation of the green spaces exercise;

“There is no threat to any of the green spaces in Upper Norwood. All remain fully protected. This includes Upper Norwood Recreation Ground, Beaulieu Heights, and all the other green spaces in the area.

The Local Plan is an official document that shows where the Council will and will not allow new building to take place, and what kind of building is allowed. Croydon Council wanted to create a new category of ‘Local Green Space’ in addition to the existing protection given to green spaces in the borough.

The Government-appointed inspector has not supported this new category. This seems to be the cause of the misunderstanding. He is not supporting the new designation, but this has no impact whatsoever on existing protection for green spaces. They all remain fully protected and no building can take place on them.”

Obviously this explanation (from Cllr Allison Butler) would apply to the whole borough.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
**** me.

For sensible, rational conversation people should head over to the new improved BBS To view the link you have to Register or Login
F*ck off over there then.

Poor Elgin.

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:54 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Also, I’m hearing on the grapevine that the Tesco extra in Purley is going ....

To be replaced by new housing.

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I can't help feeling that developers should get on with building things they've already got planning permission for. My parents sold my childhood home to developers. They moved out over a year ago, but no start has been made on the development (or even demolishing our old house). Meant to be seven flats being built.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-06-2019, 01:16 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Because they think he's a twunk over there as well.
He needs to get a graphic designer with web experience to have a look at that. It made my eyes go funny. However for starters:

- red and blue may be the club colours but if you juxtapose them carelessly they jangle horribly.

- the club crest is too large to use as a tiled bacground and it's too high contrast as well.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:11 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I can't help feeling that developers should get on with building things they've already got planning permission for. My parents sold my childhood home to developers. They moved out over a year ago, but no start has been made on the development (or even demolishing our old house). Meant to be seven flats being built.

An MP has made that same point.

Apparently it is the habit of some developers to hold on to many such schemes...keeping lots of balls up in the air and preventing other companies from purchasing the sites they want.

I’m not an expert on this field, but it sounds like they can submit plans and then it’s up to them whether they do the work. When the time runs out on the plans, they can resubmit and start the cycle all over again.

Not only are people being denied potential housing, but it also becomes unpleasant for those in neighbouring properties when these empty houses become run down and attract rats etc.

We had a neighbour who sold part of their garden for development. It was fenced off and became overrun with weeds, a family of foxes etc. Thankfully it didn’t back on to the street, or I’m sure people would have flytipped on it.

It was like that for about 15 years until the developers accepted they couldn’t do anything with it and it returned to the house owner.

Councils do have powers in relation to empty properties, but it sounds like these aren’t robust enough.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:12 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
An MP has made that same point.
What, about my parents' old house?

Thinking about it, though, I might still have a key for it lying around somewhere. Anyone up for a party?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 11-06-2019, 02:23 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
No, I don’t work in it specifically.

However, as a long term resident of the borough Raggy, I (and many others I know) am totally sick of the council giving approval to developments that actually don’t answer the issues you’ve raised.

The latest development trend near me is to knock down perfectly good family homes and build higher density flats. A new one involves removing a bungalow, which are already in short supply.

But walk round Croydon and you’ll see plenty of empty properties rotting away, and unused space. There are even empty buildings near the station (eg the Royal Mail building) that would be v popular sites.

If you take your argument to its ultimate conclusion, Croydon borough would be a sea of flats and no amenities. Let alone the environmental impact.

Many people use their green spaces every day and would consider them more important than our beloved Selhurst Park....what would you feel if the council earmarked that for flats next?
Regarding the royal mail building at east croydon network rail now own that believe it will be redeveloped as part of the new east croydon station which will then have flats on top it

Old 11-06-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisuk View Post
Regarding the royal mail building at east croydon network rail now own that believe it will be redeveloped as part of the new east croydon station which will then have flats on top it

Good, I had heard snippets.

I just hope that building isn’t still slowly rotting away in another 10 years....it’s already been 5 years.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
What, about my parents' old house?

Thinking about it, though, I might still have a key for it lying around somewhere. Anyone up for a party?
Not sure I could cope with the excesses I suspect happens at your parties Steve (cue lashings of humus and crackers).
Old 11-06-2019, 03:04 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Not sure I could cope with the excesses I suspect happens at your parties Steve (cue lashings of humus and crackers).
I'll get a decent spot in the living room before being asked to move
Old 11-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Borderline lunacy

My BBS party-hosting days are well behind me, but there were some crackers (pun intended) back in the day To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 11-06-2019, 03:34 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
My BBS party-hosting days are well behind me, but there were some crackers (pun intended) back in the day To view the link you have to Register or Login
Did Matty & C Block turn up?