Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-06-2019, 03:45 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ PLUM View Post
Putting a Palace twist on the conversation.

I notice that Whitehorse Meadows, which is behind the houses opposite the ground in Whitehorse Lane, is one of the areas designated for review as a Local Green Space. I know the club were seriously looking at this as an alternative site for re-location a few years ago.
There is an empty spot of land which is empty obviously which is also big enough for a football stadium ?? Never even knew it was there...

is it in anyway usable?

Just looked on google maps To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-06-2019, 03:46 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Couldn't Palace get in on this as part of the Wooderson Close replacement houses project?
Old 11-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Did Matty & C Block turn up?
Sadly not, though they were at other gatherings at the old chez stevek.

James Varcoe turned up at around midnight with a bottle of red wine, iirc (what kind of person brings wine to a whisky night?)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-06-2019, 03:56 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Sadly not, though they were at other gatherings at the old chez stevek.

James Varcoe turned up at around midnight with a bottle of red wine, iirc (what kind of person brings wine to a whisky night?)
they were hilarious on here back in the day - What were they like? The Mexican Horse is one of them right?
Old 11-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
they were hilarious on here back in the day - What were they like? The Mexican Horse is one of them right?
They were nice guys - much less 'billy big bollocks' irl.

No idea if the Mexican Horse is one of them, but then I'm never any good at spotting re-registered BBSers' identities.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
I've "Got involved" in relation to various local spaces near me.

I don't have much faith though, as the last "get involved" was the consultation on puttting 20mph limits everywhere, which they did anyway.

I don't know about Croydon but have experienced volunteering to help write the local plan for Tandridge Council. 5 years later and a fortune in time and consultations spent, they've basically abandoned the plan we've given them, despite it meeting their targets without building on any green spaces or the green belt.

As far as I can tell over there they just protect Oxted and **** everywhere else.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:20 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
All the London Boroughs are moving to target based planning. If they donít build X number of houses each year they can have planning removed from their control. There is an almighty fight going on in my borough now against 3 huge developments building in places they would never have been allowed even 3 years ago
Old 11-06-2019, 05:59 PM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Also, Iím hearing on the grapevine that the Tesco extra in Purley is going ....

To be replaced by new housing.
Good spot for some tower blocks.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:33 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

It wasnít included in their last list of closures, and it wasnít that long ago that they invested by expanding the upper level.

Seems a bit unlikely to me as itís popular, but I guess all retail sites are under pressure at the moment.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Not seen any planning for it?

The Tesco site has been neglected over the years. Never as busy as it used to be and went downhill when they used it as test for the future. Takeaway foods etc. So it wouldn't surprise me at all I always wondered how they built on it in the first place pretty sure it was a water pumping station but seem to recall it holding water too.

They put planning in to redevelop it themselves to include flats on the site but I think that got turned down

Croydon would let anything go as long as that shitty junction got sorted with someone else's money ..
Old 11-06-2019, 06:45 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
It wasnít included in their last list of closures, and it wasnít that long ago that they invested by expanding the upper level.

Seems a bit unlikely to me as itís popular, but I guess all retail sites are under pressure at the moment.
It was a good few years ago the mezzanine was added 15 or more at guess. They closed it five or so years ago to refit parts of it as test for future stores it was an abject failure. Only in the last 2 years they finally gave up on the Indian food at the front being stewed all day.

Thank god, I like curry now and again but to walk in and do shopping 80% of the time churned my stomach. The staff were forever moaning about it.

Most of the takeaway food sections unmanned unstocked with original ideas.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:47 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=fang;14787575]The survey or potential housing sites I mentioned was a MHCLG requirement and here is an explanation of the green spaces exercise;

ďThere is no threat to any of the green spaces in Upper Norwood. All remain fully protected. This includes Upper Norwood Recreation Ground, Beaulieu Heights, and all the other green spaces in the area.

The Local Plan is an official document that shows where the Council will and will not allow new building to take place, and what kind of building is allowed. Croydon Council wanted to create a new category of ĎLocal Green Spaceí in addition to the existing protection given to green spaces in the borough.

The Government-appointed inspector has not supported this new category. This seems to be the cause of the misunderstanding. He is not supporting the new designation, but this has no impact whatsoever on existing protection for green spaces. They all remain fully protected and no building can take place on them.Ē

Obviously this explanation (from Cllr Allison Butler) would apply to the whole borough.[/QUOTe Good post Fang. This exercise caused an uproar in Sevenoaks and Maidstone too. Farmers and building conglomerates tried their luck and appealed up the system via lawyers.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:13 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
No Jimmy.

People are people and they will always do the best for their families, who can blame them?

Its the fault of decades of laissez-faire economics, starting with Thatcher, continued by Blair and Cameron.

Oh, and it's definitely the fault of condescending, smug, ostensibly 'liberal' gits, who shut down any sensible debate with their lazy generalisations. All the while contentedly watching the little people get screwed over as always.

Just so long as there is someone to serve them in Pret, eh?

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 11-06-2019, 08:30 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
It was a good few years ago the mezzanine was added 15 or more at guess. They closed it five or so years ago to refit parts of it as test for future stores it was an abject failure. Only in the last 2 years they finally gave up on the Indian food at the front being stewed all day.

Thank god, I like curry now and again but to walk in and do shopping 80% of the time churned my stomach. The staff were forever moaning about it.

Most of the takeaway food sections unmanned unstocked with original ideas.
I was thinking of that refit, wasnít their cafe part of that too? Supermarket cafes donít really appeal to me, as Iíd rather get my shopping done asap and eat at home.

I only shop there a few times a year so wasnít aware of the Indian food experiment, sounds grim.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
I'm sure that's heartfelt Percy but he won't thank you for it.

Raggy is desperate for acceptance and respect but not from the likes of you.

Sorry chum.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:29 AM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is no secret Croydon are money grabbing bastards. To think a block of 300 flats would bring in close to £400,000 a year alone in council tax. There is no forethought for localc amenities and quality of life standards. Their solution is to stick a Tesco Express in the development and hey presto.

Everywhere is past capacity- the train stations, hospitals and schools. My NHS doctors surgery closed down without notice. Madness.

So, so glad I sold up and moved out of that rat race. It is a race to the bottom, especially since Nestle up sticks and moved out.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:48 AM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Thanks Percy

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
I'm sure that's heartfelt Percy but he won't thank you for it.

Raggy is desperate for acceptance and respect but not from the likes of you.

Sorry chum.
Wow! Condescending, self-righteous and smug to two posters in one sentence!

I rest my case.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Unbannable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
It is no secret Croydon are money grabbing bastards. To think a block of 300 flats would bring in close to £400,000 a year alone in council tax. There is no forethought for localc amenities and quality of life standards. Their solution is to stick a Tesco Express in the development and hey presto.

Everywhere is past capacity- the train stations, hospitals and schools. My NHS doctors surgery closed down without notice. Madness.

So, so glad I sold up and moved out of that rat race. It is a race to the bottom, especially since Nestle up sticks and moved out.
The money that developers pay to the Council comes in the form Section 106 contributions and/or Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL). They are legally obligated to use that money on infrastructure and community facilities.

Good luck with finding a Borough/District that isn't also scrabbling around for housing sites.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:09 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post

I rest my case.
you have no case...you dolt.

SaulAlinsky