Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-06-2019, 01:10 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
She's a comedian. It's irony.

You have to invest in her. Do you really believe she was advocating throwing battery acid on people? Of course not.

Similarly with Bernard Manning's racist 70s stuff. It made me uncomfortable because I felt it was not too far from his actual view.
Old 13-06-2019, 01:11 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Acid attack crime has been on the increase in the UK and around the world .... A hideous and life-changing crime.
Is it something we should be joking about?
Of course. Ditto cancer, Aids, paedophilia.
Old 13-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
It's funny isn't it.

We all support free speech for people who agree with us and yet few support it for people who don't.

I just laugh at the irony of it all.

As a slight aside does it change Jo Brand's comments if someone did indeed use Battery Acid instead of a milkshake?
Can’t see anyone supporting it... just comparing it with Farage.

One a comedian, the other a politician.

Cricket wanker.
Old 13-06-2019, 01:28 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Ah bless the neo-nazi snowflake.
Old 13-06-2019, 01:45 PM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Haven't heard it but context is key, if its a comedian clearly making a joke then fine, if she's screaming it in outrage then its a problem. From what I know of Brands work I suspect the former.

An unpleasant bit of Palace on Palace hostility when we really need to be using this time to unite to fight the white man.

BTW its a matter of time before Corbyn or that gormless newb in the American congress gets milkshaked and the tantrums when it happens are going to be divine!
Old 13-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I think we should go on the Corbyn thread and see the real snowflakes when some of us cracked a Joke about Corbyn being egged

Because it's Farage "it's different" it's funny,only a yoke...

In some respects mind either way it seems the politicians seem very unprotected, dunno I would not like the experience of being surrounded by crowds and having a unknown substance thrown or an object hit me in the back of the head,for a small amount of time you do not know what has been thrown.....

There are some unstable mind's out there in these very split times...
Old 13-06-2019, 01:54 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Why is those that complain about "snowflakes" are, in fact, the biggest snowflakes?
They definitely are. The boomer generation ironically whines about other generations whining, when they aren't.

I would be glad to see the back of them tbh if not for the fact I'd be another 20 years older myself.
Old 13-06-2019, 01:57 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
They definitely are. The boomer generation ironically whines about other generations whining, when they aren't.

I would be glad to see the back of them tbh if not for the fact I'd be another 20 years older myself.
So your whining about who and what Gen are you
Old 13-06-2019, 02:02 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Almost nothing should be off limits with comedy.
Agreed, especially as it is the only workable solution to the increasingly bitter and divisive nature of politics today, where double standards abound in terms of what constitutes political 'correctness,' 'moral' speech, 'hate' speech or 'violence.'

On any political hot potato, neither side of the argument wants to give an inch on anything, because to do so would be violate a personal sense of 'identity' ( most opinion is based on some form of identity now ) and so, without any objectivity possible, unless we wish to literally hand ideological hegemony exclusively over to one side, ( at which point democracy weakens ) then the only avenue left is to agree no speech is off limits, unless it literally is a direct call for violence, without any form of irony attached. Besides, democracies are considered virtuous because they are based on the virtue of freedom ( to choose your politic expression via the vote ) so I can see how taking away other forms of expression such as speech can be just, unless that speech incites criminality. Even then, responsibility resides primarily with the actor, IMHO.

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 13-06-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 13-06-2019, 02:04 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Of course. Ditto cancer, Aids, paedophilia.
You don't want to watch Jerry Sadowitz then.
Old 13-06-2019, 02:16 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Battery acid? Nigel Farage?

Has she not seen what happened to Harvey Dent?
Old 13-06-2019, 02:19 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
So your whining about who and what Gen are you
Are you assuming his gen ?
Old 13-06-2019, 02:27 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Almost nothing should be off limits with comedy.
This joke should. Anything featuring acid throwing is in bad taste and I'm not a snowflake. There have been many incidents of acid attacks causing life changing injuries for the recipients.
Old 13-06-2019, 02:29 PM

Eagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle-Eyes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
What a random comment.
Random it may be. But it is correct!,
Old 13-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Are you assuming his gen ?
X marks the Bust.
Old 13-06-2019, 02:37 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Eyes View Post
Random it may be. But it is correct!,
It’s clearly not though is it it you clown?

Have you heard of Carl Benjamin?

Cricket wanker.
Old 13-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post

There goes your inheritance
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 13-06-2019, 02:43 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
It’s clearly not though is it it you clown?

Have you heard of Carl Benjamin?
The new striker? Yes, him and his twin sister Floella will make a great partnership. 20+goals between them I predict.
Old 13-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
The new striker? Yes, him and his twin sister Floella will make a great partnership. 20+goals between them I predict.
I never liked Big Ted. Always a touch of the groomer about him.
Old 13-06-2019, 02:57 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
You don't want to watch Jerry Sadowitz then.
Or Bill Hicks. Or Dennis Leary (who, to be uncontroversial, based a lot of his act on Bill). Or even some of Frankie Boyle's stuff. Some comedians go out of their way to be controversial. I wouldn't put Jo Brand quite in that category, though she does like the occasional near-the-knuckle remark.