Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-07-2014, 08:18 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Racism Today

On now BBC1.
Old 15-07-2014, 08:21 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Not up here. Bloody live football instead.

As for racism today, it was done far better in the olden days.
Old 15-07-2014, 08:23 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Yep, the Celtic game is on here, pub football.
Old 15-07-2014, 08:27 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
And from the bit I watched, how true.

Tragic.
Old 15-07-2014, 08:55 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Please take this to the "Sectarianism Today" thread.

This thread is about people who don't speak British.
Old 15-07-2014, 09:05 PM
jft39

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i.e. the Scotch.
Old 15-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
i.e. the Scotch.
Thought you'de deeed WCB !!! You've been quiet lately
Old 15-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The young fella who just wanted a warehouse job was a pretty interesting case. He regularly went to a job centre type place where he daily applied for dozens of jobs online that he was never going to get.

If he could only have some real help to get a dull warehouse job, he'd be as happy as Larry. The lady in the employment agency hit the nail on the head a few times with him. I thought it was largely irrelevant that if forced to, he could smile at people and work as a waiter in a café. We all know he wouldn't keep any such job for more than a few days.

In reality rather than being plonked alone in front of a computer to apply for jobs he had no chance of getting, if someone somehow really HELPED him get him a warehouse type job, he'd do that same job perfectly well for 25-30 years.

Unfortunately he was based in London and I think there is just too much competition for jobs there if you are, well, rather average bordering on mediocre. Young (and not so young) immigrants are much more hungry to fight for jobs.

I do wonder where they found the white Londoners though - did they canvass UKIP members?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 15-07-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 15-07-2014, 09:34 PM
jft39

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Thought you'de deeed WCB !!! You've been quiet lately
Being oppressed by The Man.
Old 15-07-2014, 09:40 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
My god there were a few examples of people who need deporting on that, mainly the white spongers to be fair mist of the immigrants seemed to be hard working and contributing in a postive way to society
Old 15-07-2014, 09:49 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
The young fella who just wanted a warehouse job was a pretty interesting case. He regularly went to a job centre type place where he daily applied for dozens of jobs online that he was never going to get.

If he could only have some real help to get a dull warehouse job, he'd be as happy as Larry. The lady in the employment agency hit the nail on the head a few times with him. I thought it was largely irrelevant that if forced to, he could smile at people and work as a waiter in a café. We all know he wouldn't keep any such job for more than a few days.

In reality rather than being plonked alone in front of a computer to apply for jobs he had no chance of getting, if someone somehow really HELPED him get him a warehouse type job, he'd do that same job perfectly well for 25-30 years.

Unfortunately he was based in London and I think there is just too much competition for jobs there if you are, well, rather average bordering on mediocre. Young (and not so young) immigrants are much more hungry to fight for jobs.

I do wonder where they found the white Londoners though - did they canvass UKIP members?
We are constantly recruiting warehouse workers, albeit in Kent. If someone turns up for interview we get them out to work. 75% of people don't turn up for interview. About half of those who do then become uncontactable or just don't turn up for their first day at work.
Old 15-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Don't get me started on this shite. Blatant racism disguised with made-up facts "wot deyv erd".

Thickos, the lot of them.
Old 15-07-2014, 10:30 PM

cupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcupid stunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The French girl was working for £7 pounds an hour and no doubt working her sexy little ass of for it too. She lived with 18 or so other people, which I imagine allowed her to work for such a low wage especially in London.

Many British people do the same, go abroad and expand their horizons, getting jobs in bars or restaurants, living in digs, but they usually return home and get a job and settle down. Which I would imagine she will be doing. These job positions in the city will be taken by these workers because they can afford that temporary lifestyle. I wonder how many people could afford to travel to work in London and work for such pittance.

On the other hand the chap who loves warehouses could definitely be more pro active in his job hunting and also be more flexible. There is more to life than warehouses, which is something that we all eventually discover. Some sooner in life than others. I am in the process of setting up a Counselling group for those who struggle with life after warehouses if anyone is interested in popping along, we are a non judgemental group and wont push you to share your warehouse experiences. Just listen.
Old 16-07-2014, 08:53 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
There is an interesting programme to be made on this subject. This wasn't it.

I quite liked the Polish guy that ran the carpentry firm. But his argument that he had to recruit from Poland because British workers weren't good enough made me a little queasy. My grandad used to use pretty much that argument to justify the warehouse that he worked in not employing black people in the 70s.
Old 16-07-2014, 09:24 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post

I quite liked the Polish guy that ran the carpentry firm. But his argument that he had to recruit from Poland because British workers weren't good enough made me a little queasy. My grandad used to use pretty much that argument to justify the warehouse that he worked in not employing black people in the 70s.
The two are in no way similar.
Old 16-07-2014, 09:39 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
The two are in no way similar.

LOL. Of course they are similar. Or are you saying the British people are 'naturally' not good at wood working ?

Personally I just wish people would be honest. This Polish carpenter no doubts find it easier to work with other Polish people for a whole variety of reasons including language which within the construction trade is even more of an issue due to the different names for tools and techniques that nationalities have.

I see nothing wrong with that and if he wants to only employ other Poles then best of the British to him. Ditto with somebody who only wants to employ others that they feel at ease with.
Old 16-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I think the Polish guy who set up his own carpentry company is entitled to employ who he wants. There have been 'closed' job markets for years - for example small family run businesses, where the jobs go to family and friends and foreign immigrants have no chance.

The young carpenter had a heck of a chip on his shoulder about the guy only employing polish speaking staff! It never occurred to him that he could set up his own carpentry business and be his own boss, and employ only english people.

My overall impression is that the foreign immigrants are keen to come to London because if you try hard, you will find work, and if you work hard you will get on.

Fair play to the Polish guy for getting off his arse to set up a business, which employs people and therefore presumably pays taxes. Interestingly he lives in Fulham, not some 19 to a house bedsit in a ghetto area, which kind of contradicted the picture painted of Ilford or Norbury.

And whilst the programme didn't pretend 'white flight' didn't exist, if the old couple in Ilford don't like what their neighbourhood has become, why don't they just move somewhere else, rather than being so bitter about it, they'd clearly be a lot happier elsewhere. You only live once.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 16-07-2014, 10:46 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
It never occurred to him that he could set up his own carpentry business and be his own boss, and employ only english people.
Erm, I don't think he can do that. Thank God.
Old 16-07-2014, 10:48 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Erm, I don't think he can do that. Thank God.

Of course he can. He can employ who ever he wants if its a private firm.
Old 16-07-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
Of course he can. He can employ who ever he wants if its a private firm.
I genuinely didn't know that. I had assumed race relations legislation would apply.