Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-07-2019, 07:09 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizza View Post
Other than the environmental impact the Diesel ďapparentlyĒ has. It was only 10 years ago they was saying diesel is better for the environment.

If you drive a fair distance a year 12k+ then a diesel will save you a lot of money in fuel, and you will have little problems with the car.
The engines if maintained correctly will last forever.
I went diesel 2 years ago and havenít regretted it.
There's no "apparently'" about it. Yes, diesels produce less C02 than a similar sized petrol engine but the particulates problem is a huge health threat, DPF's are not a solution and reduce reliability when most of the driving is stop/start in urban areas.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:09 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Based on your location you may know the answer to this. How did Porsche make the Cayenne Diesel S so slow?
My location isn't real

But to answer the question, no idea, I've never taken any interest in the diesel Porsches, which of course they have now stopped production of.

Biggest interest in Porsche at the moment is on the New GT4 and Spyder which look likely to be pretty epic cars, their predecessors certainly were

The all electric Taycan later this year is also likely to change many perceptions of that powertrain, as well as being Porsches first ever true 4 door saloon
Old 12-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Petrol engines - worse for climate change
Diesel engines - worse for pollution.

I think.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-07-2019, 09:52 AM

Vicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVicmo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just bought a Diesel Volvo C30 and even though I only do about 10,000 miles per year I'm already noticing the fuel savings. Worse for the environment (although discarding young cars also has it's impact) but prices have come down as everybody tries to bail out and if you don't live in London you won't have any problems with ULEZ. I probably wouldn't get a Yaris diesel mind you, the engines are generally heavier so paint will dry faster than it would accelerate.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:53 AM
CPFC'Till'I'Die.

Rizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a ChryslerRizza ain't a pimp and ain't a hustler; a pimp's got a Cadi and a lady got a Chrysler
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
There's no "apparently'" about it. Yes, diesels produce less C02 than a similar sized petrol engine but the particulates problem is a huge health threat, DPF's are not a solution and reduce reliability when most of the driving is stop/start in urban areas.
With either fuel you are pumping chemicals bad for the environment/health into the atmosphere, the only way you can completely go pollution free is to go electric, thats until you need a new battery...

Xbox Id|RizZxD
Games. - FIFA 13 - Black ops 2
Add me :)
Old 12-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizza View Post
With either fuel you are pumping chemicals bad for the environment/health into the atmosphere, the only way you can completely go pollution free is to go electric, thats until you need a new battery...
Electric cars aren't pollution free. Particulates from tyres and brakes pollute.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:13 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicmo View Post
Just bought a Diesel Volvo C30 and even though I only do about 10,000 miles per year I'm already noticing the fuel savings. Worse for the environment (although discarding young cars also has it's impact) but prices have come down as everybody tries to bail out and if you don't live in London you won't have any problems with ULEZ. I probably wouldn't get a Yaris diesel mind you, the engines are generally heavier so paint will dry faster than it would accelerate.
Acceleration doesn't bother me, those days are gone. Especially given the fact I'm also eyeing up a Honda Jazz - where did it all go wrong.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:48 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Acceleration doesn't bother me, those days are gone. Especially given the fact I'm also eyeing up a Honda Jazz - where did it all go wrong.

Just not an i10, no more i10ís on the road please
Old 12-07-2019, 10:51 AM

ceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
There's no hope for you then Coastal. A Jazz is THE pensioners car, Greenhouse and seed catalogues will soon follow and maybe the Reader Digest or People's Friend.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post

Or, at least, if you do get an i10, please in a different colour than that blue/grey they all seem to be. There's a house in my road where they've got two of them!

Old 12-07-2019, 11:03 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Or, at least, if you do get an i10, please in a different colour than that blue/grey they all seem to be. There's a house in my road where they've got two of them!
I must admit they all look red to me.... through the mist
Old 12-07-2019, 11:06 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:

Do not go near one of these things. I was given one as a replacement vehicle when some idiot wiped out my car. It was so dangerous on the motorway I phoned the car company up and got it replaced. Horrible horrible plasticky crap

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 12-07-2019, 11:36 AM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yaris, Jazz don't tell me you've also considered a Micra as well (though the new shape isn't so bad) It's like a who's who of granny cars. Been using diesel cars for the last nine years because i commute pretty much a hundred miles a day and definitely make a saving. To be honest you keep hearing all this pony about charges likely to occur but currently it still appears to be a little in the distance for me to worry about. Seat Leon or Ibiza's aren't bad as an equivalent but i suppose the Japanese cars won't be the worst thing in the world to go for, just don't expect to hold your own on the inside lane too often.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:41 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeby View Post
There's no hope for you then Coastal. A Jazz is THE pensioners car, Greenhouse and seed catalogues will soon follow and maybe the Reader Digest or People's Friend.

And a straw boater on the parcel shelf.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:

I didn't know what they were so looked it up - it's like a Smart car.
No good for me as I'd need 2 - 1 for each foot.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
There are very few things certain in this life, but one of them is that you'll get stuck behind a Honda Jazz.

Has anyone ever had a Jazz actually pull away from them? No of course not. They'll stick to 35 in a 40 and you'll slowly have an embolism whilst stuck behind them.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I didn't know what they were so looked it up - it's like a Smart car.
No good for me as I'd need 2 - 1 for each foot.
Don’t rule it out just yet. If you like your gadgets I think you can get the i10 absolutely loaded with technical options.

These don’t seem to be on the website so do your own research of course but from my observations of them on the road they include:

Right lane ownership pack: you don’t have to use the left lane. The right lane is for all driving use while all other drivers are only supposed to use it for overtaking or turning right. No such inconvenience with this option

Enhanced Lane assist: not your normal boring safety feature common in modern vehicles. Nope this bad boy excels on roundabouts. You can drive for miles on a duel carriageway, two by two in your own lanes. Come to a roundabout however and the i10 driver has the freedom to roam across both lanes as the driver sees fit with this nifty feature. Those pesky lines keeping the two rows of traffic separate are a problem no more. What’s more you can upgrade to enhance Lane assist plus and if these other cars without the feature find themselves run off the road the plus feature means you are always kept utterly oblivious to the devastation to the side and behind the i10

Roundabout departure early warning system: another exciting feature for the i10. when on a roundabout the early warning system allows the i10 driver to help show intent to other drivers. When turning right at a roundabout indicate left as you enter the roundabout but continue passed the exits all the way around to the last one. The benefits of this are easily seen as the cars pulling out in front of you slam on brakes or swerve out of your way every day

Extra super safe speed limiter: worry not about having to concentrate on the speed you are driving as you can limit the speed to 56% of the current speed limit automatically. This is a very popular option for the i10

Enhanced semi safe variable speed limiter: for those that want to live on the edge and go faster the enhanced option might be preferred. It will allow the driver to go to 80% of the speed limit! Now before you wet yourself with the wreck less boy racer feature you only do it briefly. Typically in a 60mph zone you will accelerate (slowly) to 50mph. Once you reach that speed the i10 will then throttle back the power producing a cyclic variation to you speed ranging between 35-50mph every 10-12 seconds.

Cyclist overtake awareness system: this will allow you to sit behind the cyclist on the long straight and empty road. The advanced system uses a complicated algorithm to prepare the engine. Once you reach a suitable bend around which you can’t see oncoming traffic it will engage a maximum of 3mph speed boost to take you onto the opposite side of the road around the blind bend to successfully overtake the cyclist or more often offer encouragement to the cyclist to park themselves in a bush at high speed allowing you to pass.

Green light brake assist: at approximately 30m approaching a green light this system intelligently automatically applies the brakes reducing 30% of the speed. If at 15m to go the light is still green it with increase the braking to reduce the speed by 70%. It will maintain a maximum of 10mph for as long as required to ensure that you stop for the red light you knew was coming.

Launch control: when at the front of the que at a traffic light the launch control will automatically start the timer when the light goes green. At 20 seconds after the green light it will apply minimum power to safely pull away and get through the lights just before they go red again providing you with enhanced clearance from all the cars behind who didn’t get through while it was green.

Loads more too

Last edited by bigend1; 12-07-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've just gone from a manual diesel Tiguan to a automatic petrol XC40 and so far it seems the right decision. The only issue I have is getting use to an automatic. I'm a control freak and not being in control of the gear change is challenging me. otherwise the Volvo is great inside and I don't do many long drives often mainly urban stuff its great in traffic and cheaper.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:01 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Donít rule it out just yet. If you like your gadgets I think you can get the i10 absolutely loaded with technical options.

These donít seem to be on the website so do your own research of course but from my observations of them on the road they include:

Right lane ownership pack: you donít have to use the left lane. The right lane is for all driving use while all other drivers are only supposed to use it for overtaking or turning right. No such inconvenience with this option

Isnt that the one where it allows them to use full power and do 70mph?

Enhanced Lane assist: not your normal boring safety feature common in modern vehicles. Nope this bad boy excels on roundabouts. You can drive for miles on a duel carriageway, two by two in your own lanes. Come to a roundabout however and the i10 driver has the freedom to roam across both lanes as the driver sees fit with this nifty feature. Those pesky lines keeping the two rows of traffic separate are a problem no more. Whatís more you can upgrade to enhance Lane assist plus and if these other cars without the feature find themselves run off the road the plus feature means you are always kept utterly oblivious to the devastation to the side and behind the i10

This is all done in the mirror by masking anything behind. I thought that was a neat Idea

Roundabout departure early warning system: another exciting feature for the i10. when on a roundabout the early warning system allows the i10 driver to help show intent to other drivers. When turning right at a roundabout indicate left as you enter the roundabout but continue passed the exits all the way around to the last one. The benefits of this are easily seen as the cars pulling out in front of you slam on brakes or swerve out of your way every day

I belive the added part is tinted glass so no eye contact is required.

Extra super safe speed limiter: worry not about having to concentrate on the speed you are driving as you can limit the speed to 56% of the current speed limit automatically. This is a very popular option for the i10

Its very impressive as it is so accurate I saw one doing 10mph being overtaken by kids on bikes last week

Enhanced semi safe variable speed limiter: for those that want to live on the edge and go faster the enhanced option might be preferred. It will allow the driver to go to 80% of the speed limit! Now before you wet yourself with the wreck less boy racer feature you only do it briefly. Typically in a 60mph zone you will accelerate (slowly) to 50mph. Once you reach that speed the i10 will then throttle back the power producing a cyclic variation to you speed ranging between 35-50mph every 10-12 seconds.
This is seems was added to stop blood rushing to the head with the excitement of it all

Cyclist overtake awareness system: this will allow you to sit behind the cyclist on the long straight and empty road. The advanced system uses a complicated algorithm to prepare the engine. Once you reach a suitable bend around which you canít see oncoming traffic it will engage a maximum of 3mph speed boost to take you onto the opposite side of the road around the blind bend to successfully overtake the cyclist or more often offer encouragement to the cyclist to park themselves in a bush at high speed allowing you to pass.

I thought the auto bush park was a cycle feature not the i10

Green light brake assist: at approximately 30m approaching a green light this system intelligently automatically applies the brakes reducing 30% of the speed. If at 15m to go the light is still green it with increase the braking to reduce the speed by 70%. It will maintain a maximum of 10mph for as long as required to ensure that you stop for the red light you knew was coming.

Statistics show no one has EVER been run over at traffic lights in an i10

Launch control: when at the front of the que at a traffic light the launch control will automatically start the timer when the light goes green. At 20 seconds after the green light it will apply minimum power to safely pull away and get through the lights just before they go red again providing you with enhanced clearance from all the cars behind who didnít get through while it was green.

you forgot to mention that all this is done WITHOUT wheelspin. Very Impressive

Loads more too

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 12-07-2019, 03:11 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
If my wick had gone out and I was buying a new car I'd go for a Kia eNero.

Obvs depends what your budget is though.