Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:56 AM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim Cannons Moustache came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Drum annoying as usual, no impact of team or on surrounding fans.
The drum actually stops the noise spreading as it drowns out the singing. Give it a rest occassionally.
My main problem as ever us that the atmosphere has zero correlation to the ebb and flow on the pitch. It's like a YouTube video where someone has put a thumping soundtrack over a Jordan Mutch highlights video.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:00 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache View Post
The drum actually stops the noise spreading as it drowns out the singing. Give it a rest occassionally.
My main problem as ever us that the atmosphere has zero correlation to the ebb and flow on the pitch. It's like a YouTube video where someone has put a thumping soundtrack over a Jordan Mutch highlights video.
That's harsh - a Jordan Mutch highlights video would be finished before the HF got past the intro to 'We love you'.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 11-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Macstar

You clearly do not have a clue about the HF who played a big part in drawing attention to the media and prospective saviours by organising protests at Selhurst Park and outside Lloyds when the club was at death's door.

Considering the HF was founded in 2005 they are not just a bunch of kids as that was 14 years ago.

COYP
This has nothing to do with what he has said.

In the eighties I protested against Ron Noades idea of a merger with Wimbledon I made a banner on an old bed sheet and had my picture with it in the Croydon Advertiser does this mean I should be treated as royalty and better than other fans by the club? Is this still relevant ? It could be argued that If it was not for my bead sheet then there would have been no club for HF to organise a protest at Lloyd about.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 11-08-2019, 08:03 AM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
It was all a bit meh really. From Block M in the UH, the noise level was about the same, just from a different direction, and it certainly didn't fan out as suggested it would. That said, it's early days and let's see how it goes; too early to declare it a success or a failure, yet.
Very much how I see it from block Y of the Arthur.
Was loud when other parts of the stand joined in but bar that just the same as when they were in B.

Also meant that when the Arthur joined in they were about 2 lines behind (glad all over between the 2 didn't work)

It's a nice idea but one that will only truly work when most of the block are on the same page and keeping a chant going for more then a couple of seconds before fizzling out.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:25 AM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
I note that those who criticize the atmosphere are those who do absolutely nothing to enhance it. Funny that.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:30 AM

fish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefish finger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
From where I was in Main Stand Blk B it sounded loud and more songs spread quicker. So a positive improvement. It will get even better when there's something on the pitch worth shouting about.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:32 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
That's harsh - a Jordan Mutch highlights video would be finished before the HF got past the intro to 'We love you'.
Not the pre season ones he was class in those
Old 11-08-2019, 08:34 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Drum annoying as usual, no impact of team or on surrounding fans.
Same boring songs. most of them not watching the game.

Their noise doesnt match the eb and flow of the game so becomes pretty irrelevant and becomes just 'noise'.

A lot of cocaine must have been had yesterday.

I don't want to discourage the HF but there is some truth in this. It's just a bit 'staged' and a little too much reliance on the drum.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:38 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
0-0 so a very good from us fans loved the reception Ayew got when he left the pitch Ward at the end of the game, Wilf got what he has earned and JM also. Well done everyone.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:57 AM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Watched the highlights on sky. Listened to the crowd and I stand by my original quote, absolutely no difference imo. You all believe in your little fairy tales in the "ultras" it's cringey AF.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:01 AM

ParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Watched the highlights on sky. Listened to the crowd and I stand by my original quote, absolutely no difference imo. You all believe in your little fairy tales in the "ultras" it's cringey AF.
Says it all really, 'watched the highlights on sky' , why don't you try actually going and having an opinion, *****
Old 11-08-2019, 09:03 AM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrsLeftBoot View Post
Says it all really, 'watched the highlights on sky' , why don't you try actually going and having an opinion, *****
I did go smartie pants.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:04 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrsLeftBoot View Post
I think he did go to the game but his opinion is an extreme example of confirmation bias and hatred of the hf.
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
I note that those who criticize the atmosphere are those who do absolutely nothing to enhance it. Funny that.
As a matter of interest, how do you know that?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Not the pre season ones he was class in those
The HF donít turn up for preseason
Old 11-08-2019, 09:07 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
If the atmosphere isn’t good at a match is it the fault of the people that sing and chant or those that don’t?
Old 11-08-2019, 09:08 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Macstar

You clearly do not have a clue about the HF who played a big part in drawing attention to the media and prospective saviours by organising protests at Selhurst Park and outside Lloyds when the club was at death's door.

Considering the HF was founded in 2005 they are not just a bunch of kids as that was 14 years ago.

COYP
Utterly love the protests, the banners, and the atmosphete created in days gone past, i have donated in the past, it just isnt right at the moment...

Its a joy to watch other games on the tv that dont have a drum.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:09 AM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
can we put poll on here, better before or now, but options to 'you thought it was better, yes/no from Arthur block W', include each block from the 4 stands?
Old 11-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
So a poll with 24+ questions?

Great idea.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-08-2019, 09:17 AM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post
can we put poll on here, better before or now, but options to 'you thought it was better, yes/no from Arthur block W', include each block from the 4 stands?
No.