Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My fair assessment from the back of Block D would be that the atmosphere is much better. The singing was louder than I have seen it in that block, especially for such a poor game. And I enjoyed most of the atmosphere.

But in counter to that. Booing Zaha was pathetic, they knew the Ayew song was only because Zaha was coming on. The big flags don’t work that high up, you can’t see from the back if they’re in front of you. And it doesn’t bother me, but I’m sure eventually the club will have to do something about everyone bunking into the aisles.

All in all i think it will benefit the club, but as expected probably a few things to iron out.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:36 PM

KentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BollockyBill View Post
THIS ^^^^^ (And I'd add that **** Kentish to the list, too)
Oh little Willy .... much better attempt at communication - you’re parents must be so proud (or probably not as I doubt you know who they really are!!)

Anyway I thought the noise was improved on last season but from the Upper I couldn’t see if there was a display etc.

One thing I would say is that the drum doesn’t need to be used on EVERY song - as sometimes it’s actually good to hear the singing & clapping etc without it being drowned out by the drum.

But overall, I decent start I think..... let’s hope it continues during cold December nights & not just the 1st game of the season in the sunshine.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:37 PM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
We were singing it as he came off. He worked hard, ran himself into the ground and did so much tidy work with his back to goal. He's far from the finished article but good to see the fans acknowledge his efforts today.
Agreed. Deserved his ovation/song.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Part Time Football Agent

Silks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Good apart from that one they sang for ages that only they knew
Which one? Sure we can provide you with the lyrics?
Old 10-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Part Time Football Agent

Silks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
From where I was sitting (old stand, thanks) it really wasn't that magnificent. A small block nothing to write home about, once again the away fan were making more noise imo.
Bitter and stumpy fella hey!?
Old 10-08-2019, 05:55 PM

KingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKingClinton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Good apart from that one they sang for ages that only they knew
“And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world, mad world”

To the tune of Sloop John B
Old 10-08-2019, 05:56 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
From the main stand it was very easy to see who were the original HF and then the singing section addons behind. Large chunks of time where the people on the edges toward the back weren’t joining in at all.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:02 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Was great, though the blocking of the stairs wasn’t clever - where did all those people standing there come from?
Old 10-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Registered User?

Joooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sitting in block G I enjoyed having them closer. And I think it will get more people joining in.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:11 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingClinton View Post
“And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad world, mad world”

To the tune of Sloop John B
What? You sure...
Old 10-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joooe View Post
Sitting in block G I enjoyed having them closer. And I think it will get more people joining in.
Was a little dissapointed we didn't get to stand
Old 10-08-2019, 06:14 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Sitting in the AW Block W - the atmosphere was far quieter.

By moving the HF into the middle block, the songs are far quieter and they didnt seem to come across to the AW for the AW to join in.

Early days mind.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I obviously can't compare with how the sound carried to the Upper Tier in previous seasons, but it did sounds loud from my new seat. On the other hand, the Arthur seemed quieter (but again, difficult to compare).

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 10-08-2019, 06:22 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was next to the Everton fans in The Arthur and the HF looked and sounded superb, when the wind blew the right way and Everton weren't having a warble themselves that is. Fantastic effort!
Old 10-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
The drum?
Nope

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 10-08-2019, 06:25 PM

BollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentishEagle View Post
Oh little Willy .... much better attempt at communication - you’re parents must be so proud (or probably not as I doubt you know who they really are!!)

Anyway I thought the noise was improved on last season but from the Upper I couldn’t see if there was a display etc.

One thing I would say is that the drum doesn’t need to be used on EVERY song - as sometimes it’s actually good to hear the singing & clapping etc without it being drowned out by the drum.

But overall, I decent start I think..... let’s hope it continues during cold December nights & not just the 1st game of the season in the sunshine.
What on earth makes you think I wouldn't know my parents? What a ******* embarrassment you are.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:28 PM
Occasional User

Doors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Drum and few singers move closer to block G and it sounders louder, drum and few singers move further away from the AW and the atmosphere is quieter! No way!
Old 10-08-2019, 06:31 PM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
It’s the same as the front of block b just moved to the back of block e, same muppet with a megaphone
Old 10-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Occasional User

Doors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDoors : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The question is, did the move get F, G and H rocking.....?
Old 10-08-2019, 06:32 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Sitting in the AW Block W - the atmosphere was far quieter.

By moving the HF into the middle block, the songs are far quieter and they didnt seem to come across to the AW for the AW to join in.

Early days mind.
yep completely agree, Arthur used to join in, hf now seem very quite and lost at the back there. the whole of block b used to join in front to back, new section seems much smaller now and lost with no one joining in