Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 29-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by minch1 View Post
Exactly, the FTPA is being bypassed and overruled.
Think about why?

1. Tories / Johnson have determined they won’t get what they want from this Parliament. So want a new one.
2. SNP / Lib Dems have determined they won’t get what they want from this Parliament. So want a new one.
3. Labour have followed everyone else because they felt they had to even though the only thing leadership wants is an election.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-10-2019, 12:38 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
My vote won't matter because I don't live in a marginal seat. Your vote probably won't matter either. If you do live in a marginal the campaigning will be brutal and I wish you all the best!

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 29-10-2019, 12:40 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Labour MP on LBC just said that a general election would not be democratically legitimate? Wow

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 29-10-2019, 12:49 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
My vote won't matter because I don't live in a marginal seat. Your vote probably won't matter either. If you do live in a marginal the campaigning will be brutal and I wish you all the best!
Not sure the usual rules on marginals and safe seats apply this year. Think we could see some very big swings in all sorts of directions turning what were considered safe seats a different colour. Conversely some considered marginals might end up with significant majorities.

All bets are off in this election.
Old 29-10-2019, 12:52 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Ex Tory Lib Dems:

Chuka - giving up his seat to contest one with a high remain vote
Gymiah - giving up his seat to contest one with a high remain vote
Allen - Not contesting any seat at the election

All eyes on Lee and Woolaston to see if they will contest their own seats.

Other parties tried to make a lot of Boris maybe going for a safer seat than contesting Uxbridge again but the Lib Dems leading the way in seat changing at present.

Wonder if there are some Tories hoping Johnson's charisma and appeal with the public will help them win votes across the country whilst failing to won his own seat?
Old 29-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Labour MP on LBC just said that a general election would not be democratically legitimate? Wow
Which MP / what was the quote?
Old 29-10-2019, 12:53 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
The Tories brought this whole shitstorm on through self preservation, trying to kill Farage and UKIP once and for all. Wouldn’t it be fitting if it’s Farage that ends up doing for them instead. I feel they’re going to lose a lot of votes to the Brexit party.

Not sure how people are seeing it as a Boris easy win. If it was a normal election, I think they’d be right; but not in this situation. No way.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 29-10-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
The Tories brought this whole shitstorm on through self preservation, trying to kill Farage and UKIP once and for all. Wouldn’t it be fitting if it’s Farage that ends up doing for them instead. I feel they’re going to lose a lot of votes to the Brexit party.

Not sure how people are seeing it as a Boris easy win. If it was a normal election, I think they’d be right; but not in this situation. No way.
Who is seeing it that way?
Old 29-10-2019, 12:58 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Have read on the Brexit thread I think at least two posters saying he’ll walk it.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 29-10-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Have read on the Brexit thread I think at least two posters saying he’ll walk it.
Both staunch anti-tory remainers i believe who fear that outcome but i doubt are convinced of it.
Old 29-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post

Lol at “wow”.
Old 29-10-2019, 01:08 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Gonzo, the out and out Tory spin doctor doing his usual job of trying to appear as if he’s subjective and reasonable. No one falling for it.
Old 29-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Gonzo, the out and out Tory spin doctor doing his usual job of trying to appear as if he’s subjective and reasonable. No one falling for it.
I think the politics forum is a better place for his input to be honest. And I say that as someone who is longing for a Tory defeat.
Old 29-10-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
You really think my posts are subjective and reasonable? (Your words not mine)

Thanks!
Old 29-10-2019, 01:19 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt View Post
It'll be a Tory landslide.

Sadly a large portion of this country will believe every word coming out of that ***** mouth and live to regret their decision in time.
The Brexit Party will suck away a pile of the extremists. I Think this is what Labour are going to count on. And if the Tories go full no deal then they'll get dumped by their centrist voters. The Lib Dems chose a side because they are small enough for it to be a winner. Labour sit in the middle undecided because it minimises losses. The Tories are going to have to play a serious game of bullshit, I wouldn't be surprised to see them front up with it all being about schools and hospitals instead of leaving, the toe-rags.
Old 29-10-2019, 01:21 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
All bookmakers, all pollsters, to name a few.
Old 29-10-2019, 01:21 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thats as i see it too. Really difficult to predict.

The polls suggest that the Tories will get the most votes but you don't win with most votes you win with most seats.

Will the whole of Scotland go SNP? Will leavers in Scotland really vote Tory?

The Lib Dems are likely to make significant gains which would boost the pro-revoke side. Then it comes down to how many seats Labour and the Tories win/lose.

Hard to know which way it will go. If i had to pick now i would say Tories the largest party, no majority, and a majority in Parliament for a 2nd referendum. Given all the promises not to work with other parties no-one able to form a coalition. Battle to see who might be able to form a government that can get the confidence of the house. Very quickly a vote in the house to pass a 2nd referendum. Huge mess but a definitive answer on Brexit at this stage.

Must be tricky for you to decide who to vote for........
Old 29-10-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
The Brexit Party will suck away a pile of the extremists. I Think this is what Labour are going to count on. And if the Tories go full no deal then they'll get dumped by their centrist voters. The Lib Dems chose a side because they are small enough for it to be a winner. Labour sit in the middle undecided because it minimises losses. The Tories are going to have to play a serious game of bullshit, I wouldn't be surprised to see them front up with it all being about schools and hospitals instead of leaving, the toe-rags.
That is what they are hoping, however if might maximise losses. Leavers will not think they offer a sensible option of leave, Remainers are not convinced they share their view. Think they will lose a lot of remainers to Lib Dems.

They are probably confident on the basis that their core leave support will not vote Tory regardless and don't see the Brexit party as a threat in their core support.
Old 29-10-2019, 01:24 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

A lot of people who said they voted Brexit party in eu elections said to me they won't in a ge they worry that splitting the vote will let corbyn in they will vote Tory . Some because they want to leave some because they don't want jc as pm .
Old 29-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not sure the usual rules on marginals and safe seats apply this year. Think we could see some very big swings in all sorts of directions turning what were considered safe seats a different colour. Conversely some considered marginals might end up with significant majorities.

All bets are off in this election.
They may be different from the usual marginals but there will still be certain seats that are most hotly contested - I thank goodness I'm not in one of them. Unless North Croydon residents completely lose their collective marbles. Croydon Central is a different matter entirely.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!