Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 29-10-2019, 02:08 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Creasy has had her amendment to the business motion accepted by the Speaker which would allow the Bill to face amendments.

Tories should vote against the amendment so how do the ex- Tory rebels and DUP vote?

It is possible that MPs will only get the chance to vote on the bill un-amended if they can vote down this amendment to the business motion. That would leave the date as the 12 and the franchise unchanged.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:09 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
I'm a sort of soft Tory and will 100% back Boris Johnson over having Corbyn in charge. I would back near enough anyone over that communist twat.
yeah! Because it's not like there's anyone else you could vote for who's not a Tory twat or Labour.
It's this sort of logic that gets you the government (and the type of politicians) you deserve. It's no wonder the UK is in such a mess.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:10 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Already on 5 so keep trying. Oh and never spoilt a ballot.

Oh and once again anti-addick is wrong - there's a surprise.

I maxed out. When you live in the countryside you get limited candidates stand.

I stated mine, what are yours? Or just more bullshit from you cos you need to 'win'?
Old 29-10-2019, 02:11 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
If the Tories want to guarantee a big win they should offer free care for the elderly.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:13 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I maxed out. When you live in the countryside you get limited candidates stand.

I stated mine, what are yours? Or just more bullshit from you cos you need to 'win'?
Sorry wasn't 5 it was 4.

Tory, Referendum, UKIP and Lib Dem at various points.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:14 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
This election justifies 'none of the above' finally being added to the ballot paper
Old 29-10-2019, 02:14 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
I'm a sort of soft Tory and will 100% back Boris Johnson over having Corbyn in charge. I would back near enough anyone over that communist twat.

A centrist, remain Tory would rather go hard right than a little left. And I mean a little, I mean centrist, because that's where the Labour manifesto will be sat if you bother to look at it.

Talking about voting against your own interests, in this case a turkey before Christmas.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
yeah! Because it's not like there's anyone else you could vote for who's not a Tory twat or Labour.
It's this sort of logic that gets you the government (and the type of politicians) you deserve. It's no wonder the UK is in such a mess.
This.

Tories rely on a good proportion of imbeciles.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
This election justifies 'none of the above' finally being added to the ballot paper
Old 29-10-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Sorry wasn't 5 it was 4.

Tory, Referendum, UKIP and Lib Dem at various points.

UKIP? Jeez..........
Old 29-10-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
A centrist, remain Tory would rather go hard right than a little left. And I mean a little, I mean centrist, because that's where the Labour manifesto will be sat if you bother to look at it.

Talking about voting against your own interests, in this case a turkey before Christmas.
There will be no nationaisation in the Labour manifesto? Will believe it when i see it.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:22 PM

Bill is open to amendments by a vote of 312 to 295 - majority of 17.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:24 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
The simple answer anyone but Corbyn and Labour I have made my views on the racism within Labour and why for that alone there is no way I will vote for them.
Seat I live in is a Tory safe seat and with some reversations will vote Lib Dem.
As for the rest Labour is facing a far more competent electioneer in Johnson and highly unlikely to shoot himself in the foot on Social Care Costs. However I have no doubt though there will be a few stories to come out in the press that could de-rail him. Certainly there will be more on the racism in Labour the ones on certain candidates is just a start.
Anyone? The racist Tories? The racist Brexit Party?

Or does racism only matter if it's Corbyn?
Old 29-10-2019, 02:25 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
You only give up your right to vote in your other country if that is required (as in EU elections)

You might well have the legal right to vote in national elections in two countries. Depends on the law in each country.
Thanks for that. I am not sure whether I like it as a principle or not.

I have zero problem with dual nationality. My gut feeling I think though is if you reside in one country that is where your 'vote' should be.

Likewise you wouldn't wish to pay income tax in two countries, or do dual national service for example.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:27 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Gonzo gutted that amendment passed.

Hope that means EU citizens and 16/17 year olds get the vote.

Commonwealth residents already get the vote on a 12 month visa or more. It's not hard at all to sort out.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Thanks for that. I am not sure whether I like it as a principle or not.

I have zero problem with dual nationality. My gut feeling I think though is if you reside in one country that is where your 'vote' should be.

Likewise you wouldn't wish to pay income tax in two countries, or do dual national service for example.
Surely the point is it is up to the country.

So just as a country can choose to tax via passport or residence, then surely they can choose whether or not to allow someone a vote or not
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Gonzo gutted that amendment passed.

Hope that means EU citizens and 16/17 year olds get the vote.

Commonwealth residents already get the vote on a 12 month visa or more. It's not hard at all to sort out.
I wouldn’t trust a 17 year old to open a can of beans that was already open. The vote? Not in a gazillion years.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-10-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Surely the point is it is up to the country.

So just as a country can choose to tax via passport or residence, then surely they can choose whether or not to allow someone a vote or not
As said Commonwealth citizens already get the vote as residents, so no reasons others shouldn't.

Whether people also get a vote in another country is an irrelevance.

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
This could well be the nastiest election for a long time. I'm not talking about violence but the level of personal abuse and insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I wouldn’t trust a 17 year old to open a can of beans that was already open. The vote? Not in a gazillion years.
You can join the army and have a child. So think you should get a vote given that's the case.