Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-12-2019, 04:00 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Doh I watched the video

Oh, I see, you didn't scroll down.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:07 PM

silver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsilver came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thank you for sharing this ,Iím so glad heís happy now.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Doh I watched the video
Old 05-12-2019, 06:03 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Good mother
And donít mess with her
Is it wrong of me for wondering whether the academy director did?
Old 05-12-2019, 06:04 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Great article. What a likable bloke he is
Old 05-12-2019, 06:38 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brilliantly written very honest and hard hitting article.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:25 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Brilliant piece.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:25 PM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Makes you wonder about the wisdom of sending young men away from home on loan to a lower league club to live in a hotel with no emotional support.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:55 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
‘Emotional support’ and stuff of that nature key. Fortunately I think football clubs are improving with psychologists and stuff.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:39 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post

Oh, I see, you didn't scroll down.
Exactly , only excuse was had not long woken up
Old 06-12-2019, 01:09 AM
Big Cheese

Vic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He's a staaaar man
Out wide by the stand
He ma-akes so much money
He doesn't miss 46 grand...

Etc.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:24 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bill View Post
Makes you wonder about the wisdom of sending young men away from home on loan to a lower league club to live in a hotel with no emotional support.
I don't know if it is still the case, but I thought this was one of the things Mark Bright was retained for... keeping an eye out for the well being of the lads out on loan.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:37 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I don't know if it is still the case, but I thought this was one of the things Mark Bright was retained for... keeping an eye out for the well being of the lads out on loan.
First time I ever heard that, he was signed to show Ian Wright how to play football, not basic skill. more positioning. that's all the stories I ever heard
Old 06-12-2019, 10:18 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
It would be interesting to have Andros sit down with Kenny Sansom and compare their life changing moments.

Sansom had already firmly established his career with Arsenal and England at the same age that Andros was spending that long spell going from club to club on loan.

Those hard men playing for their lives at Yeovil was exactly the environment that Sansom grew up in, having made his debut for Palace in Division Three and having a full season in the 76/77 Palace team that got promoted and then three more seasons of full appearances as Palace rose from the Second tier to the First, before moving to Arsenal in 1980.

Where the comparison comes is the betting addiction, which in Kenny’s case seems to be the major factor in his move to Arsenal (the story goes that he needed his cut of the transfer to clear his gambling debts) - the whole culture on and off the pitch was probably less forgiving for players in Sansom’s situation 40 years ago?

Fascinating insight in Andros’ life and how young players have to deal with the process of developing into men in the modern professional environment - must be hundreds of kids out there right now having to battle through similar problems, with varying outcomes.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:48 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
First time I ever heard that, he was signed to show Ian Wright how to play football, not basic skill. more positioning. that's all the stories I ever heard
Well yes, but I'm talking about the reason he has a desk at the training ground and a seat next to Parish at every game.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:01 PM

Cuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCuddles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
MB was at the Maldon & Tiptree v Newport County FA Cup game last Friday (showed him in the crowd on telly) Presumably keeping tabs on Ryan Innis for Newport.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:35 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
MB was at the Maldon & Tiptree v Newport County FA Cup game last Friday (showed him in the crowd on telly) Presumably keeping tabs on Ryan Innis for Newport.
I can't see him coming back, MB that is.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:25 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
This quote make you wonder how much clubs know about the mental condition of players when they sign them.

Quote:
My mum was the person who changed everything for me. When I got to Crystal Palace that first season, I was so frustrated with myself and so down that she actually took a few sports psychology courses to see if it could help me. She ended up finding the best sports psychologist in the country and she gave me his number.
Out of favour for Spurs in the first half of the 2015/16 season, signs for Newcastle in the January and we buy him at the end of the season after they are relegated.

Seems like playing for Palace was the last thing he wanted to do at the time.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
This quote make you wonder how much clubs know about the mental condition of players when they sign them.

Out of favour for Spurs in the first half of the 2015/16 season, signs for Newcastle in the January and we buy him at the end of the season after they are relegated.

Seems like playing for Palace was the last thing he wanted to do at the time.
Interesting. I remember when his form turned around after this, at the time a lot of people thought it had been as simple as Sammy Lee having a firm word with him.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
Interesting. I remember when his form turned around after this, at the time a lot of people thought it had been as simple as Sammy Lee having a firm word with him.
Townsend accredited as such that Sammy Lee's words had a big impact. Counselling can come in many forms in life, including from a football coach, so I wouldn't diminish this particular anecdote in helping him. From my reading of the incident as it was reported, it wasn't about 'firm words' but more compassionate analytical investigation as he wasn't the same lad he was when Lee was involved with England with him. He had noticed a difference in his personality and it was out of care he spoke to him even if it was delivered in a 'strong fashion', and thus was then able to pick himself up.

Im sure many people have been taken to oneside, and been given a pearl of wisdom from a peer that gave insight and clarity at a time of distress.

Last edited by MFBias; 06-12-2019 at 10:18 PM.