Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:24 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
You're kidding!!!
I'm sure it would arouse massive interest if it was one of Johnson's 25 demon spawn, wouldn't you?
I guess we'll never know since we don't know any of them
Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
BOLLOCKS.......
Sort out your own house first. But you don't want to, it's not about racism, it's about damaging the enemy and that is that.

You are the new Gonzo.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Please keep posting.
I needed a break I read the report and to be honest I should of stayed off here last night. I know pretty much the responses.
Reading the report a fair few I had known about but there were others which were new. Some even surprised me.
The post that I stopped responding with any sense I suppose got to me as it was claiming that the acceptance of the IHRA was partly to blame. In a way I wish it was. The fact it does not conflate anti zionism with anti semitism is besides the point at least it would be a starting point to clearing the racists from the party.
Because the same old same old question that's never answered comes up at what point does the good of the Labour plan become unacceptable because of the racism.
I will address the more personal attacks again there are very few things in life I love more than Palace but more than anything it's the love of my family my wife my kids my grandchildren. If that means I am only seeing antisemitism I dont make any apologies. I personally would never suggest to any BAME person they only see the racism directed at there family personally I actually see that as racist an expectation a higher standard expected to call out racism. My support for Labour over the years it's pretty much pointless defending Labour all it has done regarding racial equality in an era where the Tories certainly were more racist. I have to learn to call out racism in Labour today you have to be virginal have no past failing and like with the my family no connection. Taking a catholic approach forgive me Labour for I have sinned. Now that is fine for Corbyn we had an apology so its all ok. In my journey I have made my own mistakes what I try to do is learn and make sure I dont repeat them. I am not posting on here everything about my life but if it really matters I defend my position regarding racism in posts made in the past. Learnt from mistakes made on here as well.
Enough I will call out racism when I see it I will make mistakes.
This is not the same as what has been evidenced in just one submission to the EHRC there is still a 15000 page document not released. That in the JLM submission is not one or two or three or four mistakes its institutionalised racism

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 06-12-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Anyone know Michelle from Croydon who spoke to the BBC.....

Michelle tutors children with special educational needs.

She says, "I feel like a lot of headway has been made in the last few years but Iíve been to schools where thereís little to no funding for additional support.

"I am excited that the Conservatives, in their manifesto, are promising more funding for schools Ė I donít know where that money is going to come from but thatís what they promisedÖ"

Michelle voted Remain in the EU referendum, but says "I see the value of democracy and delivering Brexit.

"I am quite unsure how Brexit will turn out, I have a lot of mixed feelings, but the right way forward is getting it done so you can talk about other issues."
I heard some equal divs on that set in Box Park. One young lady saying similar along with "Get Brexit done" (yes she actually said that along with other soundbites of the election). If you need to know how thick the electorate is, this is it.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:34 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Michelle seems to have SEN
World class comment there

Well done you. You must be so proud
Old 06-12-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Yeah and you're constant criticism of me is tedious too. People have a right to express views but the abuse and insults on here to those disagreeing with Corbynism is getting ridiculous.
I think it's the fact that if he was in your favourite party but behaved in an identical way you'd be saying how great he was.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:58 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
I donít get this concept either. A vote is meant to be a positive thing. You are endorsing a programme you want delivered. A negative vote means you may end up with something you arenít that fussed on. What is the point of that?
Let's have PR and let people vote for the thing they want then. With FPTP some votes either dont matter or you have a choice of two realistic winners.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Calm down dear, change your Tena Men pad and move on.
You don't know where that was from do you?
Old 06-12-2019, 08:23 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
I needed a break I read the report and to be honest I should of stayed off here last night. I know pretty much the responses.
Reading the report a fair few I had known about but there were others which were new. Some even surprised me.
The post that I stopped responding with any sense I suppose got to me as it was claiming that the acceptance of the IHRA was partly to blame. In a way I wish it was. The fact it does not conflate anti zionism with anti semitism is besides the point at least it would be a starting point to clearing the racists from the party.
Because the same old same old question that's never answered comes up at what point does the good of the Labour plan become unacceptable because of the racism.
I will address the more personal attacks again there are very few things in life I love more than Palace but more than anything it's the love of my family my wife my kids my grandchildren. If that means I am only seeing antisemitism I dont make any apologies. I personally would never suggest to any BAME person they only see the racism directed at there family personally I actually see that as racist an expectation a higher standard expected to call out racism. My support for Labour over the years it's pretty much pointless defending Labour all it has done regarding racial equality in an era where the Tories certainly were more racist. I have to learn to call out racism in Labour today you have to be virginal have no past failing and like with the my family no connection. Taking a catholic approach forgive me Labour for I have sinned. Now that is fine for Corbyn we had an apology so its all ok. In my journey I have made my own mistakes what I try to do is learn and make sure I dont repeat them. I am not posting on here everything about my life but if it really matters I defend my position regarding racism in posts made in the past. Learnt from mistakes made on here as well.
Enough I will call out racism when I see it I will make mistakes.
This is not the same as what has been evidenced in just one submission to the EHRC there is still a 15000 page document not released. That in the JLM submission is not one or two or three or four mistakes its institutionalised racism
If you ignore other racism that is wrong. My daughter is BME, does that mean I should turn a blind eye to racism towards travellers or to anti Semitism? Of course not.

Thatís not the same as saying you will be more acutely aware of certain prejudices because of personal experiences or those of people you love, but you canít use that as an excuse to ignore other racism. And those who supported past versions should of labour seem to want to ignore the racism in that while denouncing others. While turning all their fire in this election on labour while ignoring, as you point out in your post, that the tories are a huge step on in being racist whatever the issues in labour. That was true in past elections and true in this one. Yet Johnson gets very little of your attention on here, the same with some other posters. Just almost a shrug.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:32 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
The post that I stopped responding with any sense I suppose got to me as it was claiming that the acceptance of the IHRA was partly to blame.
I take it it that the post you are referring to was mine.

If it was, let me tell you this, you have totally misread what I said.

Firstly, I never said that "the acceptance of the IHRA" was to blame for anything. For the avoidance of doubt, I repeat that I think Corbyn was wrong in NOT accepting the IRHA definitions, and instead tried to insert his own caveats. In my view, whatever you think of the those definitions, it was a huge political mistake to try and change them to suit one's own personal beliefs. In making that statement, I am not inferring in any way that there is anything wrong with the IHRA definitions.

Secondly, you may recall that on this forum before, I related that when as a schoolkid, I was also abused by another kid who made antisemitic jibes against me, and so I do know how it feels to be treated in this way first hand. I stand by what I said, and say again, antisemitism is in evidence in the whole of our society, both here and abroad, and should be tackled as a cross party issue, and not used as a political weapon, which is currently the case. I cannot understand how anyone can think otherwise. By all means criticise Corbyn for ineptness and mishandling of the cases, but to ignore that the problem is far wider than individual political parties does not help the cause.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post

Firstly, I never said that "the acceptance of the IHRA" was to blame for anything. For the avoidance of doubt, I repeat that I think Corbyn was wrong in NOT accepting the IRHA definitions, and instead tried to insert his own caveats. In my view, whatever you think of the those definitions, it was a huge political mistake to try and change them to suit one's own personal beliefs. In making that statement, I am not inferring in any way that there is anything wrong with the IHRA definitions.

Secondly, you may recall that on this forum before, I related that when as a schoolkid, I was also abused by another kid who made antisemitic jibes against me, and so I do know how it feels to be treated in this way first hand. I stand by what I said, and say again, antisemitism is in evidence in the whole of our society, both here and abroad, and should be tackled as a cross party issue, and not used as a political weapon, which is currently the case. I cannot understand how anyone can think otherwise. By all means criticise Corbyn for ineptness and mishandling of the cases, but to ignore that the problem is far wider than individual political parties does not help the cause.
Your last few lines are crucial in this. I was considering the whole issue last night. Anti semitism matters to me as I have close Jewish with friends, same friends who I would hate to be impacted by racism against BME and abuse of LBGTQ people. However, I think to the wider public it doesn’t really matter as the great British public is still pretty prejudiced at heart against all people who are “different”. While we are better and more tolerant than many countries, we are far from perfect. Casual racism, homophobia, religious intolerance etc still lurks in our society in significant chunks of the community.

In a way, it is another example of the misreading of life outside London and the South East by the media, political classes etc. The rest of the country, outside those impacted groups, doesn’t see casual prejudice as much of an issue - how else can Johnson’s popularity after everything he has said and written be explained. Sadly, people just don’t care or see the problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Personally I think the squeeze in the liberal Democrat vote is a big shame as in some ways their policies are the most realistic and they do offer a genuine alternative, although I do think they could be a bit more radical.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:12 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post

I have read your post again in light of the comments above. When I read it as posted i took it you used the acceptance of the IHRA as being in advisable not the attempt to change them.i am happy to withdraw Bollocks..... Though I think it's clear I dont agree with other parts of your post either.
The point about wider antisemitism in society kind of runs into the CR point. He may disagree but Labour has always in my mind been the least racist of the two main parties and I evidenced why particularly on Racial Equality Laws. That not a denial of racism in Labour of the past and in attacking Labour now it's not a denial of antisemitism elsewhere in society.
I made the point this morning on this is the debate shut down because no one can make any comment unless they can prove a lifetime of anti racism never voted Labour never voted Tory etc. Life is a journey I confess I have made mistakes and apologise not just today but have in the past. Using your post that's acceptable for Corbyn but not for us mere mortals.
Taking the other part of CR post I accept totally that anti racism applies to all forms of it. I also accept that there are others better qualified than me to comment on anti semitism I do it from my viewpoint. I also make it clear that may well be coloured by my family. Past posts will show I have commented in the past on racism affecting others. I would accept that in those cases others would from there experience there family be better in commenting. What I struggle to accept is having to defend every post critical of Corbyn without a litany of anti racists history by the poster before the post is acceptable. Or simply put can someone give me a list of posters who are accepted as being worthy of comment on racism.
Personal note last night I admit I should of stayed off here I read the report and was angry it hurt I read a few comments and yes it was the same I was angry and some hurt. You caught the brunt on what I accept was a misread post of course I accept your explanation and of course I apologise.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:40 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
As someone for whom autism has had a sizeable family influence, I consider this to be a filthy thing to write. Just to be clear, I considered adding 'you ****' to my first sentence.
and? (try writing something that explains why michelle has ended up so confused)

SaulAlinsky
Old 06-12-2019, 09:41 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
World class comment there

Well done you. You must be so proud
hello dullard

SaulAlinsky
Old 06-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Mate, it wasn't your finest moment. Don't aggravate the wound.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-12-2019, 09:49 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Weltklasse. Stop digging.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:50 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have read your post again in light of the comments above. When I read it as posted i took it you used the acceptance of the IHRA as being in advisable not the attempt to change them.i am happy to withdraw Bollocks..... Though I think it's clear I dont agree with other parts of your post either.
The point about wider antisemitism in society kind of runs into the CR point. He may disagree but Labour has always in my mind been the least racist of the two main parties and I evidenced why particularly on Racial Equality Laws. That not a denial of racism in Labour of the past and in attacking Labour now it's not a denial of antisemitism elsewhere in society.
I made the point this morning on this is the debate shut down because no one can make any comment unless they can prove a lifetime of anti racism never voted Labour never voted Tory etc. Life is a journey I confess I have made mistakes and apologise not just today but have in the past. Using your post that's acceptable for Corbyn but not for us mere mortals.
Taking the other part of CR post I accept totally that anti racism applies to all forms of it. I also accept that there are others better qualified than me to comment on anti semitism I do it from my viewpoint. I also make it clear that may well be coloured by my family. Past posts will show I have commented in the past on racism affecting others. I would accept that in those cases others would from there experience there family be better in commenting. What I struggle to accept is having to defend every post critical of Corbyn without a litany of anti racists history by the poster before the post is acceptable. Or simply put can someone give me a list of posters who are accepted as being worthy of comment on racism.
Personal note last night I admit I should of stayed off here I read the report and was angry it hurt I read a few comments and yes it was the same I was angry and some hurt. You caught the brunt on what I accept was a misread post of course I accept your explanation and of course I apologise.
Well thank you for your considered and well thought out response. I of course accept any apology given, but it was never needed in your case, as I recognised genuine emotion and anger in your post before the above, and I can empathise totally. It was the sharp expletive that made me respond in the way that I did, and I am happy to similarly apologise to you for that.

I also want to say a bit more about Corbyn. I suppose I look at Corbyn's history in the context of my traditional Labour eyes, and know from his deeds what his view is, and to quote him "on all forms of racism". This is where I come from. Racism and antisemitism are the same in my view, and it is horrible because it is a factor of birth, that individually we cannot do anything about. This makes the abuse whether it is against Jewish people, black people, gypsies, gays, or foreigners in general, all the more despicable, because firstly you cannot change what you are and secondly because of the feeling of helplessness, frustration and fear that it engenders, in trying to cope with it at a personal level.

I am not going to change your views on Corbyn or the modern version of the party he leads, and you are not going to change mind perhaps, but that does not mean I don't understand your point of view.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Weltklasse. Stop digging.
I'm not. Thanks. I certainly wasn't mocking those with SEN.

SaulAlinsky

Last edited by weltklasse; 06-12-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
hello dullard
There you go.

You really donít know when to stop making yourself look like a grade A idiot do you ?

Carry on