Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:46 AM

Favelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If that game was an example of our new Plan B, maybe we should shelve that one.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:54 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyAG View Post
Everton drew 0:0 at Werder Bremen. We looked very lethargic against Hertha, so hope it's partly down to tough training. Unfortunately, I think this season will hinge on how well we do in the transfer window. Will be glad to have that behind us.
West Ham struck 5 past Hertha midweek so I'm glad we are not playing them

I'm just hoping for a better game than that appalling 0-0 last season.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 04-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Favelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh brilliant! I see Everton have now signed Moise Kean, a young Italian international from Juventus. What chance an opening day hat-trick?
Old 04-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Another Johnny Foreigner comes on here , you’ve been abroad to long. “ walk up Whitehorse lane and see that false wonderful front of selhurst park “.

Cool story but factually incorrect, and I really think overseas posters should be banned from commenting on matches they haven’t paid to go and watch.
Like I said everyone likes a good grumble lol

To be honest mind I have never been a good analyst of players even when I used to go. Unless it was a big game I used to have got over whatever happened by the Sunday (The old man maybe Monday).

But I have really never taken friendlies that seriously as over the years we have lost to a lot worse than yesterday and had a decent season,you never know but wetting your knickers over it nahh I will leave that to some of you doom and gloom mystic Megs even before the season starts.

As for commenting the BBS is a free place to comment by all on the Palace wherever you are but is helped along by wonderful people who help keep this place going..If you feel that people should pay for commenting we look forward to your kind contribution to the BBS

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Ayew was out of contract so it was in his best interest to come back asap and sort that out.

Kouyate reached the final so probably does need this break.
Ayew wasn't out of contract, why do you think we paid Swansea 2.5m for him?
Old 04-08-2019, 12:43 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
the idiots expecting us to be challenging for Europe include ‘he saved the club-Parish ‘ .

Brilliant a yank giving us advice , shouldn’t you be doing something about gun laws rather than advising on how to leave the EU
Seek help.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
West Ham struck 5 past Hertha midweek so I'm glad we are not playing them

I'm just hoping for a better game than that appalling 0-0 last season.
I’d bite your arm off for an appalling 0-0 on Saturday
Old 04-08-2019, 01:23 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I’d bite your arm off for an appalling 0-0 on Saturday
After what was on display yesterday and still no confirmed signings, then yes, would be a great result.

We must be an away teams favourite fixture.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:24 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Another Johnny Foreigner comes on here , you’ve been abroad to long. “ walk up Whitehorse lane and see that false wonderful front of selhurst park “.

Cool story but factually incorrect, and I really think overseas posters should be banned from commenting on matches they haven’t paid to go and watch.
Did you just unironically say ‘Jonny Foreigner?’
Old 04-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Ayew wasn't out of contract, why do you think we paid Swansea 2.5m for him?
His loan contract with us was over....thanks for the petty correction.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Posts match review from Ray L "I think it’s the opposition rather than us: we don’t change. Our system of play is the same home and away, it’s just that the opposition play different when we play them at home with when we play them away.".

Just a thought, could that be the reason we have such a crap home record? Isn't that the definition of madness - continuing to do the same things and expecting a different outcome? I thought the idea was that you played according to the research done on your opposition if there is no will to adapt then we can expect another dire year at Selhurst park
If this is accurate Something needs to change, fast

Absuotely ridiculous quote from Lewiston and if that's going to be how we treat matches it's a farcical way to prepare
Old 04-08-2019, 01:37 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Did you just unironically say ‘Jonny Foreigner?’
Yep and I just had to check who. Think Les can handle it
Old 04-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Zuffenhausen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
His loan contract with us was over....thanks for the petty correction.
It's not remotely petty, he was under contract to Swansea.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:43 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyAG View Post
Everton drew 0:0 at Werder Bremen. We looked very lethargic against Hertha, so hope it's partly down to tough training. Unfortunately, I think this season will hinge on how well we do in the transfer window. Will be glad to have that behind us.
You are right about the Everton score, but the problem Jimmy is from reports i have read our performance left a lot to be desired with very little cohesion in our play and that is concerning, with the main event just around the corner. As you rightly say this week will be vital as to who and how many we bring in, but surely if we had brought in say 2 players for crucial areas that urgently needed strengthening that would have allowed them the time to settle and jell with teamates, and then we could bring in the rest this week.
With question marks over the fitness of a few plus Zaha and Kouyate returning from AFCOM are they fit to go? its going to be a tough game ahead, lets hope we are all in for a pleasent surprise come Saturday evening.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:00 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
If you weren't there, it was actually worse than the scoreline and BBS reaction suggest.

It was impossibly bad. Not seen our defence and midfield dissolve with such ease for a few years at least. Not only a lack of quality in the final third, which we're used to without Wilf, but a lack of energy, hunger and even fitness throughout the team.

The only 'positive' is that it will send a message to Parish & Freedman about the urgency of making signings, but it appears to be too little too late. Extremely disappointing that we've allowed this to happen again. In particular, failing to replace AWB after a month is completely unacceptable. We had the option of not sanctioning the sale until a replacement was found.

I think there is a huge question mark about Roy's ability to rev this team up one more time. And I do wonder whether a different manager who was more engaged with transfers and knowledgable about players (like Allardyce) would have allowed this to happen.

But ultimately the blame falls at the door of the chairman and DoF. Roy has been badly let down here. A lesser man would have walked.

One really troubling aspect was that the players seemed to know that they didn't have the quality to dent Hertha's defence. They know that if they get injured, there is nobody to replace them. That's not good for a player's confidence or form.

Massive few days coming up in the transfer market, but once again we'll start the season unprepared and undercooked. It will take some prudent management and strict coaching for Roy to get a tune out of this team without serious investment.
This was more or less how I felt even though I was corrected by another poster in my attempt at writing a match report and missing Palace had changed the goalkeeper at ht!

Maybe as some others have said, like hd and the CPFC official website those pesky Germans didn't play fair in a friendly. A bit like two sparring boxers where one has concealed knuckle dusters in his gloves. That RH has it all under control and we'll put Everton to the sword picking up from the Bournemouth end of season Selhurst Park party 3 months ago.

Now though if reports are to be believed, the Sorloth loan out may be followed by Wickham going off to recapture fitness elsewhere.

Seeing Benteke yesterday doing what has become familiar, always somehow being away from the ball in the box and Ayew, who for all his neat footwork floats like a butterfly and stings like one, that the Board have a cunning plan. That this week lifts the gloom from yesterday from those like me who experienced it.

Otherwise it might look like some football version of Dignitas.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:01 PM

JimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
You are right about the Everton score, but the problem Jimmy is from reports i have read our performance left a lot to be desired with very little cohesion in our play and that is concerning, with the main event just around the corner. As you rightly say this week will be vital as to who and how many we bring in, but surely if we had brought in say 2 players for crucial areas that urgently needed strengthening that would have allowed them the time to settle and jell with teamates, and then we could bring in the rest this week.
With question marks over the fitness of a few plus Zaha and Kouyate returning from AFCOM are they fit to go? its going to be a tough game ahead, lets hope we are all in for a pleasent surprise come Saturday evening.
Yes, it is a shame that IF we get some players in, it will take them a while to get up to speed. But we're not the only team in this situation. Our second half performance really was very poor - Hertha played some nice flowing football, and we were ball watching. First half was 'OK' though.
My expectations for this season are quite low, but surely there will be 3 teams worse than us? That said, we'll probably surprise everybody and win against Everton, and the BBS will be euphoric about the season!
Old 04-08-2019, 02:28 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
It's not remotely petty, he was under contract to Swansea.
Come on, I was referring to him wanting to negotiate a new contract with Palace, now his loan with us was over.

It’s obvious that’s what I was referring to.

Move on.
Old 17-08-2019, 07:17 AM

16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray
Great draw at Bayern last night, says alot about them.
Old 17-08-2019, 07:42 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
Great draw at Bayern last night, says alot about them.
Did you watch it?

Hertha seem to get a lot of love from massive deflections.

Bayern penalty to equalise was an absolute joke, no way would it have been given if the other way around.