Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 09-12-2007, 02:51 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
It's a bad time for new music, worst since the 80's for sure.
The early 80s was a brilliant time for music.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:59 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
off thge top of my head i've enjoyed new albums from.

municipal waste
moral dilema
subhumans
dub trio
biffy clyro
rentokill
capdown
ghost of a thousand
modern life is war
random hand
the unseen
leftover crack/citizen fish
thrice
from autumn to ashes.
the restarts.
sonic boom six.
There is probably more i've missed.Overal some good stuff this year.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
I think you have missed the entire point of my post.

And i still don't think you have actually listened to the album
Explain what's different about the album from the shockingly shockingly shit singles?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:01 PM

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by west country boy
Shit.
You really need to search for and embrace your inner punk,Its there in all of us
Old 09-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Explain what's different about the album from the shockingly shockingly shit singles?
Is this an admission that you have declared an album shite without having listened to it.

BTW that is called prejudice.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Is this an admission that you have declared an album shite without having listened to it.

It specifically wasn't. I wanted to know what you could possibly think was different. Have you got anything in the locker?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:10 PM

Chloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to OllieChloe belongs to Ollie
Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long
Old 09-12-2007, 03:10 PM
The South will rise again

Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral Midfieldgeneral
The Eagles - Long road out of Eden, a must for all old farts that dont like Philsicks type of punk.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:11 PM
JD

Trilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My vote goes to Feist - The Reminder
Old 09-12-2007, 03:16 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
I, Ludicrous - 20 Years in Show Business
Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Jza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJza sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Album of the year:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
It specifically wasn't. I wanted to know what you could possibly think was different. Have you got anything in the locker?
Oh dear
Quote:
Yeah, but Mika is f*cking tragic mate. One of the worst mainstream records ever put out. Sorry, can't see it any other way.
The above is an opinion of the Mika album. Which you clearly haven't listened to. That is prejudice. And you want to question my intelligence?

I have absolutely no problem with you or anyone else not liking an album or disagreeing with my point of view. That is what makes life interesting. But having an opinion about something you haven't listened to is moronic. It's like deciding a film is crap based on the title or three minutes at the beginning. Or not reading a book based on what the cover is.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Quote:
The above is an opinion of the Mika album. Which you clearly haven't listened to. That is prejudice. And you want to question my intelligence?

I have absolutely no problem with you or anyone else not liking an album or disagreeing with my point of view. That is what makes life interesting. But having an opinion about something you haven't listened to is moronic. It's like deciding a film is crap based on the title or three minutes at the beginning. Or not reading a book based on what the cover is.
I have listened to it. It was the worst record I ever heard. Where did I say I hadn't?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:20 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by weltklasse
says someone who never had first hand experience?
I don't have first-hand experience of the Black Death, but I understand that it was a bit rubbish.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
I have listened to it. Where did I say I hadn't?
Quote:
I would suggest this does.

EDIT: I am done with this now. I do not believe you have listened to it, and pretty much everything you have posted suggests you haven't. You only start saying you have when i picked you up on it. Personally I think you have decided that you didn't like Grace Kelly and that was it. If you have listened to it and you don't like it then fair enough and i apologise.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 09-12-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Quote:
I would suggest this does.
I posted that, after you posted this:
Quote:
And i still don't think you have actually listened to the album
Merely playing with your baseless assumptions - now that was 'prejudice'. I wanted to see if you had any backup for your appreciation of probably the worst album I've ever heard, or if you were just playing the "you don't know what you're on about" card to avoid having to justify yourself.

Clearly its the latter
Old 09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Quote:
If you have listened to it and you don't like it then fair enough and i apologise.
Thank you. Think before you assume eh?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:33 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Radiohead - In Rainbows
PJ Harvey - White Chalk
Fred Deakin - The Triptych
The Good, the Bad and the Queen - The Good, the Bad and the Queen
Bjork - Volta
Old 09-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Having just checked my catalogue, I have realised that I have only bought five albums of new material this year! Bloody hell. Having said that, I've not been inspired to buy much that I've heard - maybe I'm getting old, but all the new bands sound the same to me. All right, there were a few unidentifiable Britpop bands, but there was an appreciable difference between the big names like Oasis, Blur, Pulp, and Supergrass. The same cannot be said about today's numerous one-album wonders.

As a consequence I find myself more and more expanding the retro part of my collection. This year I have been mostly getting into mid-period Beach Boys, and Roy Orbison.

Anyway, the new releases I bought, in alphabetical order by artist, are:

ARCTIC MONKEYS - FAVOURITE WORST NIGHTMARE
BALL, IAN - WHO GOES THERE
KAISER CHIEFS - YOURS TRULY, ANGRY MOB [D.V.D.]
KULA SHAKER - STRANGE FOLK
PAYNE, CANDIE - I WISH I COULD HAVE LOVED YOU MORE

They're all quite good, and two or even three of them might count as moderately obscure, so perhaps that wins me back some cred!

Last edited by DANGERMOUSE; 09-12-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:

I'm 99% sure its shit and i've never listened to it.