Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 04-03-2002, 04:55 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by David Murray

Very good - but you are making it TOO easy CK.

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Try this then:

"All that's left is loneliness"
Sorry Dave...Thought first liners were OK but if you wanna play dirty....

"You don't have to say you love me" The wonderful 'Rusty Springboard"

"When I said that losing you would make me flip my lid" - Napoleon Bonaparte the 14th?? Think I was about 8 when that came out!!

Keeping it mainstream............"Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it"

Old 04-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by I.Flyer
May I have a go please? How about this and quite applicable to Palace fans (good clue)
When I said that losing you would make me flip my lid,
They're coming to take me away ha-ha
They're coming to take me away ho ho hee hee ha ha
To the funny farm...

Napoleon the Somethingth
Old 04-03-2002, 03:20 PM
A recycled teenager

I.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to OllieI.Flyer belongs to Ollie
TMJWAT - Yes, right again! Was you a smart ar$e in school - you know, that clever kid who was constantly putting his hand up to answer all the questions?

A medicated follower of fashion
Old 04-03-2002, 03:31 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by CK

Sorry Dave...Thought first liners were OK but if you wanna play dirty....

"You don't have to say you love me" The wonderful 'Rusty Springboard"

"When I said that losing you would make me flip my lid" - Napoleon Bonaparte the 14th?? Think I was about 8 when that came out!!

Keeping it mainstream............"Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it"

Bugger forgot to put the title in.

Am I right in remembering that the B side was the same track backwards?????
Old 04-03-2002, 04:30 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by CK

Albert Hammond

Keeping it corny, more like

How about some real class:

Well, my temperature's risin' and my feet on the floor
Old 04-03-2002, 04:39 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by TAK

Well, my temperature's risin' and my feet on the floor
Gimme some loving - Spencer Davis Group. Mind you Terry Reids version is cool.

How about
-"I thought you'd listen to my reasoning"

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TAK

Albert Hammond

Keeping it corny, more like

How about some real class:

Well, my temp'rature's risin' and my feet on the floor
Gimme some Lovin' Spencer Davis, Steve Winwood marvellous keyboards

Corney alright then.

Working seven to eleven ev'ry night
Old 04-03-2002, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle

Gimme some loving - Spencer Davis Group. Mind you Terry Reids version is cool.

How about
Is that teh late mr Marriott with the small Faces. - All or nothing

Now there's a classic.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:46 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by CK

Working seven to eleven ev'ry night
Led Zep,"Since I've been lovin you" an all time fave, here's one then...

I want somebody here to tell me why,
There's always smoke up in the sky.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:50 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by CK

Is that teh late mr Marriott with the small Faces. - All or nothing

Now there's a classic.
Spot on, the band I'm in do a cracking version of it. It gets a great response. What about;

"I can't stand another heartache"

Old 04-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Howzabout........Go up the stairs, I'll give you candy and a quarter
Old 04-03-2002, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Spot on, the band I'm in do a cracking version of it. It gets a great response. What about;

Don't I remember you doing that at the Fairfields taht benefit evening. Marvellous!!!

"I can't stand another heartache"
As for the tune I've got a vague feeling that it might be an old Marvin Gaye/Smokey Robinson track. But I'm stumped
Old 04-03-2002, 06:36 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Kneevil
Howzabout........Go up the stairs, I'll give you candy and a quarter
Sounds like Billy J Kramer's 'Little Children'
Old 04-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
I bet you lot all have to get up a couple of times in the night for a wee don't you.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 04-03-2002, 06:46 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
I bet you lot all have to get up a couple of times in the night for a wee don't you.
Whadya mean 'a couple'?
Old 04-03-2002, 06:48 PM
Snidey little rat.

Quote:
Originally posted by CK

As for the tune I've got a vague feeling that it might be an old Marvin Gaye/Smokey Robinson track. But I'm stumped
Way off. No we didn't play "All or Nothing" at the Fairfield. Our set list that night was;

Hands to yourself - Georgia Satellittes
Gloria - Van Morrison (Them)
Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones
Please Don't Go - Them (Van Morrison)
Honky Tonk Women - Rolling Stones
and of course "Glad All Over"

Old 04-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by tmjwat

Sounds like Billy J Kramer's 'Little Children'
Oh, the perils of having to listen to my parents home-made cassettes as a nipper.

Howzabout x2..........I was alone, I took a ride, I didn't know what I would find there
Old 04-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Snidey little rat.

Quote:
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
Since I've had this appliance attatched, I don't need to get up to wee at all.

Old 04-03-2002, 06:56 PM
Snidey little rat.

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Kneevil

Oh, the perils of having to listen to my parents home-made cassettes as a nipper.

Howzabout x2..........I was alone, I took a ride, I didn't know what I would find there
"Got to get you into my life" Covered by Earth Wind and Fire for the "Sgt Pepper" Movie.

How about;

"I dont wanna lose this good thing"

And no guesses on my earlier one then?

Old 04-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:

How about
Small Faces, All Or Nothing. Mid 60s..