Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 15-09-2011, 06:22 PM

vivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyes
I play in a David Bowie tribute called The Thin White Duke, here's footage from a local gig at The Railway in Bromley.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-09-2011, 06:41 PM

Murk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMurk E : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupture
my band have just uploaded the lead track off our new EP - 'Overclocked, Under Threat' -

We're self-releasing the EP in November. Be great to know what you think.

If you want more details we're on facebook here - To view the link you have to Register or Login

good stuff that . i like it.
Old 15-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really like the chorus especially, nice chord progression and melody.

How do you go about recording? What kit do you have?

Here's our website, nothing doing here really

We have made one recording but it's in limbo in 'post production' on our PC's. Lazy bastards!

This is the only video we have of us live, it's one of our songs called (surprisingly) "Look At You"

I'm vocals and rhythm guitar

Last edited by anti-addick; 15-09-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 15-09-2011, 09:11 PM

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair
The Mai 68s. This is one of our more 'tuneful' opuses.

Difficult to hear bud.

My drummer said to me before our first gig that if he ever caught me looking at a lyrics sheet them he'd shove his drumsticks up my arse. Only Maidstoned gets away with that 'cos he's so old and forgetful lol
Old 15-09-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
Here's my band. We just do 80s/90s covers as we are all old farts! Getting ready to gig again on Friday after 3 months off.

Nice arpeggio from your singer in the chorus, looks a pain in the arse to do while singing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle
Dude, really cracking stuff! Christ, do you sound like Paramore... (I really like Paramore) I'm just pinching it for my iPod - thanks

Last edited by anti-addick; 15-09-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 17-09-2011, 12:19 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
just for any of you guys who look after your bands bookings etc - I organize a festival called LeeFest just outside of Croydon every summer and always on the look out for new independent bands
Old 17-09-2011, 08:25 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Our totally D.I.Y recordings done in a garage by us.

From a little benefit gig in brighton the other week.

Our old incarnation axis of arseholes

Old 18-09-2011, 01:55 AM

doof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11
just for any of you guys who look after your bands bookings etc - I organize a festival called LeeFest just outside of Croydon every summer and always on the look out for new independent bands
We have an album out next year so want to play as many festivals as possible.
Old 22-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Blues Brother

elwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 22-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Blues Brother

elwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelwood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Last edited by elwood; 22-09-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 22-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick

Dude, really cracking stuff! Christ, do you sound like Paramore... (I really like Paramore) I'm just pinching it for my iPod - thanks
Thanks mate! All recorded at home on Sonar 7 with two quad-core PC's linked using FX Teleport. Guitar Rig/Amplitube for guitars and Steven Slate for Drums. Really appreciate the feedback, confidence taken a bit of a knocking recently
Old 22-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Blues Brother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50DE7Q-hv8
Old 22-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Blues Brother

Old 24-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I am The HULK

Bellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

BBS Honours
Betting Masters World Cup 2010 - Runner up
Old 24-09-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle
Thanks mate! All recorded at home on Sonar 7 with two quad-core PC's linked using FX Teleport. Guitar Rig/Amplitube for guitars and Steven Slate for Drums. Really appreciate the feedback, confidence taken a bit of a knocking recently

Why? You need to ignore that shit mate, make your confidence hard. Trouble is most people make comparisons with pro bands that have millions spent on their sound through hi tech studios and full time pros to do it with. We made a recording recently but our backing vocals didn't record and we haven't managed to borrow the recorder to re-do it. Piecing the tracks together is something I've no idea how to do and my attempts at effects on the vocal track have been crap. Not saying I can't sing, I'm alright, but as you know when you make these productions you have to get it right.

Check my earlier link to hear one of our songs, it's live in a pub.

I'll look up your kit. I'm in the market to get something to do it ourselves. We have an album of songs to get down.
Old 24-09-2011, 06:24 PM

double post

Last edited by anti-addick; 24-09-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 25-09-2011, 08:11 AM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick
Our totally D.I.Y recordings done in a garage by us.

From a little benefit gig in brighton the other week.

Our old incarnation axis of arseholes

Good work mate! what do you play? That Brighton show was at Audio wasn't it? Cool little venue they got down there.
Old 25-09-2011, 08:13 AM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick
Why? You need to ignore that shit mate, make your confidence hard. Trouble is most people make comparisons with pro bands that have millions spent on their sound through hi tech studios and full time pros to do it with. We made a recording recently but our backing vocals didn't record and we haven't managed to borrow the recorder to re-do it. Piecing the tracks together is something I've no idea how to do and my attempts at effects on the vocal track have been crap. Not saying I can't sing, I'm alright, but as you know when you make these productions you have to get it right.

Check my earlier link to hear one of our songs, it's live in a pub.

I'll look up your kit. I'm in the market to get something to do it ourselves. We have an album of songs to get down.
Post a link of where we can buy your album when it's done mate.
Old 25-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Not in Oz

EagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11
here's my band Professor Penguin: played on BBC London, Kent and 6music - we sold out Ronnie Scotts last week

click to listen

watch
Jonathan Parr can play guitar as well - what a ledge!

I can vouch for Soapy Jefferson, they were great at the Silver Bullett last week.... well at least everyone told me they were after I turned up just after their set had finished - sorry Dan!
Old 25-09-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstpierPalace
Post a link of where we can buy your album when it's done mate.

There's no way it'll have a price. The worst I would do would be put up a free download and a paypal of 'what you think it's worth', or even just plain make that a charity payment.

Got to record the thing first though lol I'm investigating the whole recording side - it's a bit of a minefield for the noob.