Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:35 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

So not dropped. Just rested because of 3 games in a week.

Be interesting to see who starts next week.
I will be gutted if it is Hennessey. Just not good/consistent enough at this level.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEagle View Post
I will be gutted if it is Hennessey. Just not good/consistent enough at this level.
But at Burnley away level he is your man?
Old 02-03-2019, 09:47 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
But at Burnley away level he is your man?
No, I was nervous every time the ball came into our box.

If it was me, he would never play for CPFC again.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:

Ex-pat mentality?
Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Keeps them both on ther toes. Either will do for me. I think Guaita’s best s probably better than Wayne’s, but let’s see him prove it!
What you can’t do is point out Wayne’s shakiness on the goal and not acknowledge two very god saves he made at key moments - it’s just daft:
Old 02-03-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Ex-pat mentality?
Don't know what that means.

Went to many home/away games from 1970 onwards.

Yes, I live overseas now and only get back for a few games every year. But I watch every game "live" on television (not a dodgy stream) as that is the benefit of being an "ex-pat".

I assume you go to every game as you live in the UK?
Old 02-03-2019, 11:06 PM
Newbury Eagles

Quote:
Don't know what that means.

Went to many home/away games from 1970 onwards.

Yes, I live overseas now and only get back for a few games every year. But I watch every game "live" on television (not a dodgy stream) as that is the benefit of being an "ex-pat".

I assume you go to every game as you live in the UK?
No problem- just checking but if you come and watch a game then you will engage again with the South London mentality - the BBS boo boys are not a true reflection of opinion - the arm chair warrior mentality is to slag off Wayne, Roy, Schlupp etc but we are a good team with a great manager. Wayne definitely deserves to play for Palace again - not the best but the vast majority of fans will acknowledge that he is improving with age
Old 02-03-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
No problem- just checking but if you come and watch a game then you will engage again with the South London mentality - the BBS boo boys are not a true reflection of opinion - the arm chair warrior mentality is to slag off Wayne, Roy, Schlupp etc but we are a good team with a great manager. Wayne definitely deserves to play for Palace again - not the best but the vast majority of fans will acknowledge that he is improving with age

I have lived overseas for almost 15 years (not always Portugal) and have seen at least 1 game every year. For several of these years I had a season ticket in the Main Stand.

At home I have Bein Sports, who show every Premiership game live, so can’t remember the last time I didn’t watch us play.

I might miss the atmosphere but I get immediate replays so don’t get fooled by first impressions. Not sure who the second commentator was on Bein Sports today but he was forever mentioning Wayne (and not in a good light).
Old 02-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Newbury Eagles

Quote:
I have lived overseas for almost 15 years (not always Portugal) and have seen at least 1 game every year. For several of these years I had a season ticket in the Main Stand.

At home I have Bein Sports, who show every Premiership game live, so can’t remember the last time I didn’t watch us play.

I might miss the atmosphere but I get immediate replays so don’t get fooled by first impressions. Not sure who the second commentator was on Bein Sports today but he was forever mentioning Wayne (and not in a good light).
Like I say, no problem but to say Wayne should “never play for Palace again” needs to be challenged - Guaita is the better keeper but for Burnley away in a gale, Roy made the right call and Guaita dodged a bullet
Old 03-03-2019, 12:02 AM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Like I say, no problem but to say Wayne should “never play for Palace again” needs to be challenged - Guaita is the better keeper but for Burnley away in a gale, Roy made the right call and Guaita dodged a bullet
Didn't see Wayne collect one cross the entire game
Old 03-03-2019, 12:16 AM
Newbury Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSize View Post
Didn't see Wayne collect one cross the entire game
I did - so one of us is mistaken or has a blinkered opinion of Wayne.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:24 AM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From Sp1Eagle in the Transfer thread / Jack Butland

CRYSTAL PALACE are heading the chase to grab Stoke’s England keeper Jack Butland.

Palace have been checking on the 25-year-old and are plotting a raid as he faces up to a second season outside the Premier League with the Potters.

Butland stood by his club when they were relegated last year.

But the time to move on could be this summer as Stoke look set to miss out on promotion. They could cash in on Butland — and Palace are on red alert.

The South Londoners have doubts about Spanish keeper Vicente Guaita’s long-term commitment, so they may have a vacancy.

And if Guaita heads back to La Liga,
then Palace will be in a position to make an offer for highly-respected Butland.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:08 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mountains/Molehills maybe, but seeing the squad, coaching staff and even the chairman waiting for the train at Preston back home to London as an ensemble, Vincente did look a little separate, distant even, tonight. I hope I’ve gleaned the wrong impression, but I saw a man apart.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:09 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Keeps them both on ther toes. Either will do for me. I think Guaita’s best s probably better than Wayne’s, but let’s see him prove it!
What you can’t do is point out Wayne’s shakiness on the goal and not acknowledge two very god saves he made at key moments - it’s just daft:
Absolutely.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:12 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:

Bizarre comment.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:16 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post

So not dropped. Just rested because of 3 games in a week.

Be interesting to see who starts next week.
If you actually read the link you shared then you would see that isn't what Roy said. This is what he said about Hennessey's selection and there is nothing about resting Guiata or 3 games in a week.

"When it came to the goalkeeper [Wayne] was unlucky to lose his place in the instance but of course today we knew there would be a lot of high balls coming into the box and we thought maybe he would be the one most adept to deal with it."
Old 03-03-2019, 02:05 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post

CRYSTAL PALACE are heading the chase to grab Stoke’s England keeper Jack Butland.

Palace have been checking on the 25-year-old and are plotting a raid as he faces up to a second season outside the Premier League with the Potters.

But the time to move on could be this summer as Stoke look set to miss out on promotion. They could cash in on Butland — and Palace are on red alert.

The South Londoners have doubts about Spanish keeper Vicente Guaita’s long-term commitment, so they may have a vacancy.

then Palace will be in a position to make an offer for highly-respected Butland.

What a load of bollocks. Roy gives him a rest today after a three match week and suddenly the brains trust at the soaraway ****wits decide that means he's off....
Old 03-03-2019, 06:36 AM
Newbury Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
What a load of bollocks. Roy gives him a rest today after a three match week and suddenly the brains trust at the soaraway ****wits decide that means he's off....
Let’s hope he doesn’t do a Mandanda
Old 03-03-2019, 06:51 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou View Post

I very much doubt it will happen but Jack Butland is a top class keeper and it would be amazing if we managed to sign him .
Old 03-03-2019, 07:25 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Let’s hope he doesn’t do a Mandanda
Pray for owngoal .