Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 17-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Conceding 9

Perry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Remixes

May be a short lived thread, but anyone out there do any remixing? incredibly difficult to do IMHO so feel free to showcase all your examples here!

I will post a few to get going, but first off here is my Electro House remix of the Apprentice theme tune

Look forward to hearing your stuff!
Old 20-07-2011, 09:50 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i do some preoduction but am just getting into it and learning the basics of ableton suite 8 at the moment.

i would do remixes if the original track was good and they supplied full separate stems (perc, drum loop, bass, melody etc etc) to use rather than just giving an mp3 and saying remix this.

if you like remixing go on to sound cloud and check out the remix competitions they have on there. you get big name proudcers/bands offering chances t remix there tunes.
Old 28-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Conceding 9

Perry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cool, that was actually my first track made using Ableton Suite 8 - Previously I was using Cubase but Ableton is miles better, the workflow compared to Cubase is soo much quicker and more intuitive.

A lot of the time, if it is a 'famous' song you are remixing, you can find a midi track online and deconstruct it to obtain the midi notes for each part, takes a bit of getting used to but works very well.

Here is my 2nd track using Ableton, much much better remix, lots of techniques that I learnt in seconds that were complex to implement in Cubase:

Enjoy!
Old 14-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Suckling
A lot of the time, if it is a 'famous' song you are remixing, you can find a midi track online and deconstruct it to obtain the midi notes for each part,
Where??!!
Old 14-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
A few I've knocked up over the last few years when at a loose end:

Rihanna - Umbrella (Rock Remix): To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 14-03-2012, 11:17 AM
one love

AJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is here
I've started making some mashups. Put Your Hands Up For Rick Astley being the most hilarious, I'll record it and upload in a bit when I reconnect all my gear. Here's one I did ages ago:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-03-2012, 11:20 AM
one love

AJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is here
I forgot about this remix actually, this was done when I first came out of college, never quite finished it

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-04-2021, 10:08 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Old 21-05-2021, 02:42 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
I use an app called Music Maker Jam to do the occasional remix. This one might be my best, I did it on a flight across the Pacific. (I listen to it now and think about fixes I should make)

Here's the original