Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 20-10-2019, 01:09 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Don't know about fandango but who is a farandelero?

Think he was of the right backs we missed out on.
Old 20-10-2019, 03:49 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I’ve held and strummed one of Gerorge Harrison’s old Rickenbacker guitars.

I’ve also held in my hands John Lennon’s handwritten lyrics to ‘I am the Walrus’. Should’ve stuck it in my pocket as it was worth 80k back in the 90’s.

In the 90’s, I used to frequently play at an intimate acoustic cafe off Tottenham Court Road. One night there was a bit of a hubbub as a few friends mentioned there was this old famous guy sat at the bar called Johnny Guitar. Name rang a bell but didn’t know who he was. Had a quick glance but didn’t recognise him - just looked like a f**ked out, worse for wear old rocker.

I ended up going to get a drink at the bar later with my (Framus) guitar in hand, and smiled at the guy as he looked quizzically at my acoustic. ‘Blimey, haven’t seen one of those in years’, he said, and asked if he could have a go. The guy clearly could play a bit and we just chatted while he played a few licks and looked mildly impressed with it....a lot more impressed with that than any of us musicians playing that night, which he looked mostly with disdain at. I was still none the wiser who he was and wasn’t until later the penny dropped that he was actually in Rory Storm and the Hurricaines - a top 60’s Liverpool band - who Ringo Starr played with before joining that other band that got a bit famous.

Being a massive Beatle fan, I kind of kicked myself that I didn’t realise who I was chatting to that night. I believe he passed away not too long after I met him sadly.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 25-10-2019, 08:50 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
I'm in the Police Roxanne video
Old 25-10-2019, 09:31 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I’ve held and strummed one of Gerorge Harrison’s old Rickenbacker guitars.

I’ve also held in my hands John Lennon’s handwritten lyrics to ‘I am the Walrus’. Should’ve stuck it in my pocket as it was worth 80k back in the 90’s.

In the 90’s, I used to frequently play at an intimate acoustic cafe off Tottenham Court Road. One night there was a bit of a hubbub as a few friends mentioned there was this old famous guy sat at the bar called Johnny Guitar. Name rang a bell but didn’t know who he was. Had a quick glance but didn’t recognise him - just looked like a f**ked out, worse for wear old rocker.

I ended up going to get a drink at the bar later with my (Framus) guitar in hand, and smiled at the guy as he looked quizzically at my acoustic. ‘Blimey, haven’t seen one of those in years’, he said, and asked if he could have a go. The guy clearly could play a bit and we just chatted while he played a few licks and looked mildly impressed with it....a lot more impressed with that than any of us musicians playing that night, which he looked mostly with disdain at. I was still none the wiser who he was and wasn’t until later the penny dropped that he was actually in Rory Storm and the Hurricaines - a top 60’s Liverpool band - who Ringo Starr played with before joining that other band that got a bit famous.

Being a massive Beatle fan, I kind of kicked myself that I didn’t realise who I was chatting to that night. I believe he passed away not too long after I met him sadly.
Maidstoned is going to be so jealous reading your post