Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I bang on about it, but one of my all time favourite wins was the 1-0 win in the reverse fixture, for me it was a huge result against those titans of the game, Oxford, a real I was there moment..

Aylott got the goal and there was probably 5k in attendance
Old 27-10-2019, 06:53 AM

EnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I canít recall ever feeling we could realistically catch either of them. They were both just stronger sides. In saying that, looking at the tables as the season progressed, in late March we were just 4pts off the leaders Liverpool and 3pts from the eventual winners Arsenal. Still unbelievable to think that we were that close so late in the season.
I remember never thinking we were in with a shout of going higher or worried we'd drop lower than 3rd. We blew the only chance to go top drawing at home to Forrest.

It's impossible to think of it as anything less than the most amazing season. But three goalless home draws agains QPR, Coventry and Everton and the loss to Manchester City were all games we should have probably cashed in on and we would have finishe secon 2 points ahead of Liverpool.

Still hate the sight of keown to this day after his appalling behaviour for Everton that season.
Old 27-10-2019, 08:53 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I bang on about it, but one of my all time favourite wins was the 1-0 win in the reverse fixture, for me it was a huge result against those titans of the game, Oxford, a real I was there moment..

Aylott got the goal and there was probably 5k in attendance
I'm completely with you on this - having been to the 5-0 made it all the sweeter.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 27-10-2019, 09:07 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Sometimes those types of results are the best. I remember in the first Dowie season we got absolutely trounced 3-0 at Upton Park, played off the park I seem to remember, but when we beat them 1-0 in the Home game it felt like a bit of justice, and I think that was one of the moments when we realised we might be on to something special that season.
Old 27-10-2019, 10:11 AM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm completely with you on this - having been to the 5-0 made it all the sweeter.
I was at both . The Xmas 5-0 was a real low point.