Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 10-11-2019, 06:52 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Most memorable election moment

A bit of light relief from the heat of this campaign. What’s been your favourite or most memorable moments from election campaigns and election nights from the past? Could also mention personal memories of elections past.

Have to say, one of my favourites was the Prescott punch in Rhyl from the 2001 election campaign.

In one of the documentaries of Blair’s years in office, there’s an amusing clip where Tony describes picking up the phone in his office and being told that they’d just received news that ‘the Deputy Prime Minister has punched a member of the public.’’

As someone that has disliked the Tories from a young age, my most triumphant election moment came when the exit poll was released at the last election in 2017. Fully expecting a strong Tory majority as nigh on all polls were predicting, and telling myself that once I saw the inevitable I would go to bed as I couldn’t bring myself to watch the results come through as I’ve done in years past; to see Dimbleby announce May was expected to not win a majority was like watching Palace score a last minute equaliser at Old Trafford. Certainly celebrated it like it was.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 10-11-2019, 08:01 AM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Portillo in 1997 (or whenever it was). I do quite enjoy his railway programmes, though.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:08 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Gordon Brown apologising to a bigoted woman for calling her a bigoted woman.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:49 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Portillo in 1997 (or whenever it was). I do quite enjoy his railway programmes, though.
Yes they’re very good.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 10-11-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post

- John Peel
Old 10-11-2019, 08:53 AM

Corbyn’s social awkwardness at its best

- John Peel
Old 10-11-2019, 09:04 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm too dim to post images and clips on here, but I remember when the Mellorphant Man lost his seat in 1997 and during his concession speech, Sir James Goldsmith (standing as an Independent) led shouts of 'out, out, out', which obviously annoyed the hell out of Mellor !
Old 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Yes Portillo and Mellor were stand out moments from the past.. any chance this can be added to with the likes of Patel and Raab at this election?
Old 10-11-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
I'm too dim to post images and clips on here, but I remember when the Mellorphant Man lost his seat in 1997 and during his concession speech, Sir James Goldsmith (standing as an Independent) led shouts of 'out, out, out', which obviously annoyed the hell out of Mellor !
To view the link you have to Register or Login

- John Peel
Old 10-11-2019, 09:51 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
For me it has to be S.O Baldrick winning Dunny on the Wold for the Adder Party.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:30 AM

Apparently what lost the ‘92 election for Kinnock although I doubt it.

- John Peel
Old 10-11-2019, 11:32 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Going round her house as well
Old 10-11-2019, 12:07 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Apparently what lost the ‘92 election for Kinnock although I doubt it.

Undoubtedly contributory. I remember watching it at the time and curling up with embarrassment.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:10 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Yes Portillo and Mellor were stand out moments from the past.. any chance this can be added to with the likes of Patel and Raab at this election?
Probably not. Portillo for PM doesn’t seem such a bad an idea by comparison to the present bunch. Boris on travelogues? I could cope with that.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
How about the recent one to Boris?

"Please leave my town"
Old 10-11-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Undoubtedly contributory. I remember watching it at the time and curling up with embarrassment.
That ‘92 election was the last time the exit poll got it very wrong. It said it would be a hung parliament with the Tories ahead by just 3 seats. Of course Major got a majority in the end.

- John Peel
Old 10-11-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
The sad thing about Gordon was because he was socially awkward, the right wing press took great advantage of this and let in the dim, toffy weasel from Eton that has plunged this country into disaster.

I’m sure had Gordon won that election this country would be in a far better state than it is now - without doubt.

- John Peel