Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:08 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Townsend accredited as such that Sammy Lee's words had a big impact. Counselling can come in many forms in life, including from a football coach, so I wouldn't diminish this particular anecdote in helping him. From my reading of the incident as it was reported, it wasn't about 'firm words' but more compassionate analytical investigation as he wasn't the same lad he was when Lee was involved with England with him. He had noticed a difference in his personality and it was out of care he spoke to him even if it was delivered in a 'strong fashion', and thus was then able to pick himself up.

Im sure many people have been taken to oneside, and been given a pearl of wisdom from a peer that gave insight and clarity at a time of distress.
Counselling is very different from Sammy Lee giving him some valuable words.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:30 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's interesting that using a Sports Psychologist really helped him.

Maybe he can give Benteke the phone number?!
Old 07-12-2019, 01:49 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Counselling is very different from Sammy Lee giving him some valuable words.
I disagree, counselling comes in many different forms. The formal: patient and therapist but also the informal eg father to son, friend to friend, teacher to student and even a stranger on a railway platform just saying something that makes you think.

I have had all of the above and it has helped me in my life equally, and see it all as some form of counselling, even if the person doing it wasn’t aware they were. It’s how you react to advice and compassion from others with your problems.

Last edited by MFBias; 07-12-2019 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:51 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
I disagree, counselling comes in many different forms. The formal: patient and therapist but also the informal eg father to son, friend to friend, teacher to student and even a stranger on a railway platform just saying something that makes you think.

I have had all of the above and it has helped me in my life equally, and see it all as some form of counselling, even if the person doing it wasn’t aware they were. It’s how you react to advice and compassion from others with your problems.
It's a job, a profession.

You might offer very valuable support as I might to friends, family and my kids. I might use some of the counselling skills but that isn't counselling which I do as a profession. It's a different relationship. I also don't think Andros has ever suggested he received anything like counselling from Sammy Lee.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:09 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
I appreciate that as you do it as a profession you feel very strong about it.

As you say you may use the skills outside of a professional setting. My point is that since the dawn of time people have helped one other, offered council, taken a stance of offering analytical advice to help someone and it comes in many forms. The formal as you mention but also the informal which to me exists.

I see that you take issue with me using the word ‘counselling’ and I understand that as that is your job. My personal view is based on the receiving end of ‘advice’ from many sources including professional counselling. I have had valued contributions from different sources and see it as part of a whole much like there are many forms of meditation but I see you wish to be specific on the term which is fair enough, to me it is an abstract question of what exactly counselling is but out of respect I won’t argue any further and will cease using the term in this context on this thread. It is more of a conversational debate than something to post back and forth with someone I dont know on a message board as it is a sensitive area and I see you feel strongly about it.

Last edited by MFBias; 07-12-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:13 AM
19 years for 4,075 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Wise and accurate words.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
I appreciate that as you do it as a profession you feel very strong about it.

As you say you may use the skills outside of a professional setting. My point is that since the dawn of time people have helped one other, offered council, taken a stance of offering analytical advice to help someone and it comes in many forms. The formal as you mention but also the informal which to me exists.

I see that you take issue with me using the word ‘counselling’ and I understand that as that is your job. My personal view is based on the receiving end of ‘advice’ from many sources including professional counselling. I have had valued contributions from different sources and see it as part of a whole much like there are many forms of meditation but I see you wish to be specific on the term which is fair enough, to me it is an abstract question of what exactly counselling is but out of respect I won’t argue any further and will cease using the term in this context on this thread. It is more of a conversational debate than something to post back and forth with someone I dont know on a message board as it is a sensitive area and I see you feel strongly about it.
No worries. I appreciate your response, I just see as a very specific and discrete role. But it isn't a big thing and I don't doubt for one second that a whole range of interactions can be just as valuable and important for anyone in life, just as you say.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:27 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by no comment View Post
Really great and revealing story about Andros here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thanks. Very good read
Old 13-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
No worries. I appreciate your response, I just see as a very specific and discrete role. But it isn't a big thing and I don't doubt for one second that a whole range of interactions can be just as valuable and important for anyone in life, just as you say.
No, no, no... This isn't how the BBS works!

You have to bitch and moan at each other, making snide remarks while absolutely insisting your view is the correct one so no other can possibly be even close to being reasonable or possible.

Old 27-12-2019, 09:52 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone know - or has anyone in the club said anything- about what his "long term" term injury is ?
Old 27-12-2019, 10:44 AM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Anyone know - or has anyone in the club said anything- about what his "long term" term injury is ?
From "The Physio Room":-

Dec 24: "They're predicting it be won't the coming matches, more like the end of [January] if we're lucky. Jeffrey and Andros, it could be even longer." Groin/Hip/Pelvic injury.
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 27-12-2019, 10:50 AM
I'm listening ....

xian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Andros Townsend

In one of his Instagram stories from the beach recently, he had a recovery sleeve around his calf/lower leg area