Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Must come down!

WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP!
I had a fat roast yesterday, went to a lovely pub in Tandridge where you can have a bit of each meat! Yesterday was lamb, turkey and beef! It is so nice and you get loads of meat, (even if you just have one meat) it comes with veg, roast and boiled potatoes, yorkshire pud and loads of gravy! Perfect hangover cure!

Gravy has to be made with juices from the meat (fat used for potatoes) and veg water! Not proper gravy otherwise!

I always have yorkshire puds with my sunday roast I love them, but sadly cannot make real ones(I've tried loads of times and they come out like cakes!) but tesco finest ones are lovely! Also I don't like potatoes so yorkshire puds are my substitute!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Pint half full member

KevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Which pub in Tandridge?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
I had a word with the food bloke at a real beer festival the other day, he told me the secret to a yorkshire pudding is to never clean your pudding tray - just pick the bits of and wipe it with a piece if kitchen towel.
The obviously put the batter into very hot fat, and don't open the oven.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAT'S UP!

Gravy has to be made with juices from the meat (fat used for potatoes) and veg water! Not proper gravy otherwise!
My Mum made the gravy on Sunday - and she always uses the veg juices.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:57 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Feels like a roast beef day today.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
I'm having a roast today. Going out although I would have cooked one otherwise.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:48 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltop Meggie
I'm having a roast today. Going out although I would have cooked one otherwise.
Beware the mixing of the condiments..... roasts out are the most dangerous.... especially if more than one type of meat is on offer.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
As it's not a carvery (thankfully) I'll go for whatever meat is served with the correct accompaniments, they actually make their own mint sauce, horseradish etc. I just hope they have mash today and not just new and roasties.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Lough Derg

palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud
Lamb minted chops today with all the trimmings
Old 12-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkoid
Feels like a roast beef day today.
With the weather as good as it is I was planning an afternoon at the Thomas Tripp sitting outside with the Sunday papers, eating their roast and drinking too much 49'er.

Mrs Blind has, however, just reminded me that we are going round a friends for a roast so it will have to be sensible amounts of 49'er.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
With the weather as good as it is I was planning an afternoon at the Thomas Tripp sitting outside with the Sunday papers, eating their roast and drinking too much 49'er.

Mrs Blind has, however, just reminded me that we are going round a friends for a roast so it will have to be sensible amounts of 49'er.
What a day yesterday was blind.... went to Warborrow Bay for a picnic. Then the Square and compass for a couple of pints... then the BT for some Brains SA. Perfect day if you ask me.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Roast Beef today, also bought a Butternut Squash, god knows why? The shape?

Not sure whether to roast it or boil and mash it
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 12-10-2008, 04:38 PM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al
Thats why I her.
I have to say that judging by your posts on here and how good you look in the Spain photos, your relationship is the best thing that has happened to you in quite a while.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Anerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Roast Beef today - looking forward to it
Old 12-10-2008, 04:59 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH
I have to say that judging by your posts on here and how good you look in the Spain photos, your relationship is the best thing that has happened to you in quite a while.

Thanks Pete.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Against EPPP

The Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had liver and bacon instead of a roast today........... it was yummy thick onion gravy, carrots and green beans and mash of course
Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

I made Pork Belly with Sage and Onion stuffing, Roast Pots, Peas, Sweetcorn and Carrots and Cabbage and Leek (yeuch) for 'er, in Roast Pork and Sage Gravy and it's delicious.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Girl

sexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I had Irish sausages, roast potatos, stuffing and peas, made by my fair hands.

Yum yum.

Well let the sun shine on your face
And donít let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Lough Derg

palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud palace & proud
Just had my lamb minted chops, and all the trimmings. Now I have Apple Strudle with custard Yum
Old 12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTheOptimist
Which pub in Tandridge?
I was wondering that too.

We had roast dinner today at the Duke's Head. I had beef & Steve had chicken. V. nice too.