Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Who would you sell first, Zaha or AWB?
Zaha 119 34.39%
AWB 96 27.75%
F--k off Andy you tw@t, neither will be sold...ever! 131 37.86%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2019, 09:05 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I don't think it's anything of a surprise that Wilf and Aaron are already being linked with big money moves this summer. Lots of people are saying that this summer could be the summer that we have to have a restructure and possibly our two biggest valued players could be the one/s that have to move on to fund the restructure.

If we had to lose one, which one would you prefer to move on first and why?

Pros and negatives with both.

Wilf - Unbelievable player on his day and possibly very few better in the PL when he's on form. He's 26 now so getting to his prime. However, he has been extremely inconsistent this year, but that could be the various positions he's played in to juggle our lack of forward options. I think he would command more money but of course, we would have to hand over a wedge over to MUFC. Would hate to see 'our talisman' go personally.

AWB - My God, what a player. He's come in like he's a near on 30 year old playing in this league for over a decade. Potentially the best full back we have had, certainly in my 30 years of supporting and going to Palace. Full England call is surely just round the corner and will be a regular for many years to come if he continues as he's doing. Very few have had the better of him. I could definitely see him playing for one of the 'big boys', not that I'd want him to go there. Probably wouldn't command as much as Wilf as he's still very raw at this level but then he's 5 years younger than Wilf with probably a decade of football ahead of him at the top level.
AWB is a top player - I would say that Kenny Sansom was a shade better at this age than AWB - it is a very close call though
Old 05-02-2019, 09:10 PM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This summer is huge on so many levels for the club, there could be a real opportunity for bigger progress than we have ever made in our history.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:11 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
A brilliant Full Back won't keep you in the league.

www.palacecomrades.com
Old 05-02-2019, 09:16 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Zaha to Chelsea with RLC and Batshuayi coming back the other way with £40 million in cash! Happy days!
All day long.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:27 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
A brilliant Full Back won't keep you in the league.

He won't get you relegated either.

It's a team game after all.

Yet look at our goal difference with no recognized strikers playing until now.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:15 PM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Go and find an AWB replacement on the cheap.

It's bollocks to think we'd get anyone like him.
At no point did I say we would get anyone on the cheap, I said it would be cheaper to find a suitable replacement for a right back that it would be for Wilf.

I also didn’t suggest we would get as good a replacement but we have Ward who is a solid right back and Clyne doesn’t seem wanted at Liverpool also a decent replacement but not as good.

I wouldn’t want either to leave but I was responding to the opening posts question.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:08 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
I’m still too hurt after losing Mutch to comment.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:14 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Interestingly, nearly a third of the votes think I'm a twat.
Nah, just don’t want to face the fact that they’ll both leave at some point

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 05-02-2019, 11:17 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuktaBoy View Post
This summer is huge on so many levels for the club, there could be a real opportunity for bigger progress than we have ever made in our history.
Haven't we said this every summer since promotion?
Old 05-02-2019, 11:22 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AWB is the future. Wilf is the now, but, the signs are that he is becoming increasingly unhappy with his football and needs something new. I would keep our brilliant new find, who will surely play for England. I am convinced of that, as I was with Clyne ( the bookies wouldn't take my bet that NC would play for England one day!).

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 05-02-2019, 11:41 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
They're both great. AWB very exciting and a great story. But Zaha is a legend, the best player we've ever had. Zaha is far better on the ball and consequently more exciting to watch. I love AWB's defending but every time Zaha gets the ball I think something can happen. It doesn't matter who we play, if Wilfs in the team I think we can win.

If we sold AWB my first thoughts would be good luck to him, how much did we get and who are we in for.
If we sold Wilf I'd be as unhappy as I was after the FA cup final (either of them), I'd have to check who bought him since they'd probably be my 'second team' (unless it was Chelsea).

Last edited by Pete79; 05-02-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:32 AM

Eagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Where there's a Wilf there's a way.

I do love Aaron though.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:43 AM

Hazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Go and find an AWB replacement on the cheap.

It's bollocks to think we'd get anyone like him.
Well we have some promising academy options and oh of course we still have Joel Ward who would still probably be our right back if he hadn’t been injured
Old 06-02-2019, 05:27 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
There is nothing official to back up the rumours of Palace selling any of their star players who are on long contracts in the Summer.

Until there is an official word on our owners changing their stance on keeping their best players at the club then this is a pointless thread based on media speculation with nothing of any substance to back it up.

COYP
Old 06-02-2019, 06:06 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
There is nothing official to back up the rumours of Palace selling any of their star players who are on long contracts in the Summer.

Until there is an official word on our owners changing their stance on keeping their best players at the club then this is a pointless thread based on media speculation with nothing of any substance to back it up.

COYP
Cheers Steve.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:41 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:

COYP
I like your posts Hd and your positive vibes BUT it's a f--king discussion for the love of God. It is possible to have a 'discussion' based on other things rather than just fact you know.

The board are highly unlikely to say "we're selling both or one of our top stars" are they.

If you want to get involved in a discussion too, then by all means contribute. Or if you choose not to, then maybe set up a forum where you can be condescending and are only allowed to comment and discuss things that have happened.

COYP too though.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:46 AM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I like your posts Hd and your positive vibes BUT it's a f--king discussion for the love of God. It is possible to have a 'discussion' based on other things rather than just fact you know.

The board are highly unlikely to say "we're selling both or one of our top stars" are they.

If you want to get involved in a discussion too, then by all means contribute. Or if you choose not to, then maybe set up a forum where you can be condescending and are only allowed to comment and discuss things that have happened.

COYP too though.
He's a robot. Does nothing but shut discussion down. The worst sort of poster.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:04 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
None of this thread is based on fact just supposition based on what might happen.

The BBS should have a section called Crystal Ball as so many posters can see into the future and would rather believe media garbage and click- bait over what Steve Parish and Palace's other owners have actually said.

They have said nothing about selling Palace's best players and that stance has not changed.

Why can't Palace keep their best players and build as a club ?

COYP
Old 06-02-2019, 09:14 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
None of this thread is based on fact just supposition based on what might happen.

The BBS should have a section called Crystal Ball as so many posters can see into the future and would rather believe media garbage and click- bait over what Steve Parish and Palace's other owners have actually said.

They have said nothing about selling Palace's best players and that stance has not changed.

Why can't Palace keep their best players and build as a club ?

COYP
"If we had to lose one, which one would you prefer to move on first and why?"

I have underlined the operative word here based on my original post.

On your final paragraph - Well of course we can (although FFP could play a part if we truly want to build with quality and not just add with numbers).

IF you want to add to a discussion, by all means add and give your opinion on the question asked. If you want to patronise other posters with the "unless it's not fact then let's not talk about it", pi$$ off!

There is a thread about Brexit, maybe that should not be discussed until a decision has been made. There are threads about Crystal ball with upcoming games. Maybe posters can only post in there after the final whistle has blown.

Last edited by andyocpfc; 06-02-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
He's a robot. Does nothing but shut discussion down. The worst sort of poster.
Too bloody right Braders.