Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:37 AM

Uncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Game!
Old 12-02-2019, 11:02 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Neal View Post
My mate passed out and they lifted us onto the pitch during the dame. Seem to remember a wine bottle almost hitting Peter Hucker, the QPR goalie.

Used to pack them in in those days and we must have had 7/8000 in that end.

A lot of trouble that day.
A bottle just missed Clive Allen as he did his little jig in front of us
Old 12-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
A bottle just missed Clive Allen as he did his little jig in front of us
When we all went on the pitch that was the fastest I'd ever seen Allen run (away) that day.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s on YouTube, you can see how packed the ground was

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Made in Bromley

Longer highlights

Old 12-02-2019, 11:13 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
I never minded Raynes Park Queenies. They were good to watch in the 70's but I've hated them ever since that game.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I never minded Raynes Park Queenies. They were good to watch in the 70's but I've hated them ever since that game.
Funny enough I feel exactly the same, loved Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh in the 70’s, good side when they nearly won the title, but because of that game I’ve always had a dislike of QPR and Clive Allen, even though the game was 37 years ago
Old 12-02-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Funny enough I feel exactly the same, loved Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh in the 70ís, good side when they nearly won the title, but because of that game Iíve always had a dislike of QPR and Clive Allen, even though the game was 37 years ago
Pathetic really isn't it.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:40 AM

david sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down lowdavid sylvian will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by super al View Post
Hi all

As some of you may recall, with the kind assistance from many staff, players and supporters, I directed and produced both our Centenary and subsequent History DVDís for the club back in 2005 & 2011 respectively Ė projects I am immensely proud to have been involved with.

Back in 2008 I approached the club with an idea to create a film celebrating our golden generation of youth team players from the 1970ís which were nurtured firstly by Malcolm Allison and his team of coaches and then by Terry Venables, who ultimately gave us a team capable of challenging (albeit briefly) at the very top of the Football league.

Sadly, the club couldnít move forward with the project at the time but over ten years later and with kind support from Steve Parish I approached BT Sport with the idea. Given their brilliant work on creating a raft of quality sporting documentaries I felt the channel would be best placed to support the project and Iím delighted to say they have decided to commission my idea.

This BT Sport Documentary, entitled The Team of the 80s, is now in production and I will be hoping to speak with as many of the main protagonists as possible to dig deep into an era that defined our great club. The story begins with Malcolm Allisonís arrival in 1973 and continues throughout the 1970ís with relegations, cup runs, promotions, a table topping moment and of course the spectacular fall from those dizzying heights. Plus - everything in between!

This is where the good ship BBS can help.

I would love to hear any stories you may have from that era that could help crystallise what was an incredible period for the club. Also, if you have any personal photographs or cine film that can help illustrate the club and or area at that time I would love to be able to include some of that work in the film and would of course keep any items shared/loaned to the production completely safe.

Any and all thoughts welcome.

Cheers
Al Ryan
It has to be said the history DVDs from 2005, and the update from 2011, were absolutely top notch - excellent work. Very much looking forward to this
Old 12-02-2019, 01:20 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by super al View Post
Hi all

As some of you may recall, with the kind assistance from many staff, players and supporters, I directed and produced both our Centenary and subsequent History DVDís for the club back in 2005 & 2011 respectively Ė projects I am immensely proud to have been involved with.

Back in 2008 I approached the club with an idea to create a film celebrating our golden generation of youth team players from the 1970ís which were nurtured firstly by Malcolm Allison and his team of coaches and then by Terry Venables, who ultimately gave us a team capable of challenging (albeit briefly) at the very top of the Football league.

Sadly, the club couldnít move forward with the project at the time but over ten years later and with kind support from Steve Parish I approached BT Sport with the idea. Given their brilliant work on creating a raft of quality sporting documentaries I felt the channel would be best placed to support the project and Iím delighted to say they have decided to commission my idea.

This BT Sport Documentary, entitled The Team of the 80s, is now in production and I will be hoping to speak with as many of the main protagonists as possible to dig deep into an era that defined our great club. The story begins with Malcolm Allisonís arrival in 1973 and continues throughout the 1970ís with relegations, cup runs, promotions, a table topping moment and of course the spectacular fall from those dizzying heights. Plus - everything in between!

This is where the good ship BBS can help.

I would love to hear any stories you may have from that era that could help crystallise what was an incredible period for the club. Also, if you have any personal photographs or cine film that can help illustrate the club and or area at that time I would love to be able to include some of that work in the film and would of course keep any items shared/loaned to the production completely safe.

Any and all thoughts welcome.

Cheers
Al Ryan
Please check PMs for phone numbers.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:10 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Pathetic really isn't it.
It is, weíll grow up one day
Old 12-02-2019, 05:17 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Itís on YouTube, you can see how packed the ground was

So it's an FA Cup game you are all talking about here. Did we also play them in the league there in September 1981?

I could swear that was the last game I went to before coming to American... we lost that game 1-0 also I believe.

I don't recall any specific trouble that day.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:20 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
So it's an FA Cup game you are all talking about here. Did we also play them in the league there in September 1981?

I could swear that was the last game I went to before coming to American... we lost that game 1-0 also I believe.

That was the game Burridge got attacked.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:45 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
That was the game Burridge got attacked.
I guess that could be classed as "specific trouble" though I can't say I recall it, at least with any clarity.

My mind was probably oblivious at the time...
Old 12-02-2019, 05:48 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I guess that could be classed as "specific trouble" though I can't say I recall it, at least with any clarity.

My mind was probably oblivious at the time...
And there was a mob of Palace in the Loft, they got Escorted out and put in the away end.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:57 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:

Yes mate, Simon Stainrod scored the winner for them, with an assist from their rubber pitch!!
Old 12-02-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Yes mate, Simon Stainrod scored the winner for them, with an assist from their rubber pitch!!
Clive Allen missed a penalty.as well.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:18 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Just incase some missed my post buried in this thread; does anyone know the origins of this song or who owns it? Has been a total mystery since I found it in Beanos record store back in the 80’s.

supa al is keen to find out who owns the song as he might want to use it in the documentary.

Here’s the front of the record:

And here’s the song with a video I made many moons ago...

ďSupporting Palace has a certain cult value Ė like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.Ē
- John Peel
Old 12-02-2019, 06:22 PM
The Spiky One

Pretty sure I have the record somewhere in the garage... not sure I could put my hand on it though.

Edit... when you say own, do you mean a physical copy, or the royalty type rights thing?
Old 13-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Made in Bromley

Quote:

This game is on YouTube as well, although my memory must be playing up, I thought the goal was a punt up field from Burridge and it bounced over either Gilbert or Cannonís head on the bouncy pitch and stainrod scored, maybe he put that chance wide?? Wasnít the season after either because that was 0-0