Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
How much did Aylott cost?

We would of gone down without Benteke’s goal his first year so for me that is worth his transfer fee alone.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:07 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The thread states "Time to sack Benteke" is it for real? yes his past 18 months for us has been what can only be described as disastrous from a scoring point of view.
But if what has been said of him carrying an injury is true, surely we need to give him a chance to prove he can recapture the form and the ability we know does exist, what alternative do we have? firstly when he is under contract for the next what is it 18/24 months also who would buy him with his hefty contract.
I suggest for the next SIX games we start Batshuyi solely up front as he more likely to get the goals needed, also to give the formation a better balance by adding the spare player to stiffen the midfield in a solid 4-5-1 formation but use CB off the bench, and hopefully to see us into a safe position.
For the final games of the season bring Benteke back in to lead the line and play Batshuyi in a "10" role as i feel it would be his most effective position, also i am sure we will see Benteke be far more effective working that way. If it backfires, then try and sell in the summer for anything above 10m hopefully to China would be our best option.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:20 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
The Benteke option has been backfiring for 18months now and he hasn't scored a goal with his feet for nearly two years (the pity penalty doesn't count).

His should have been sold early 2018 in that transfer window whilst we still could have got a chunk of £ for him and also saved £6mill in wages by now into the bargain.

It was obvious that he was consistently poor and didn't fit the team at all anymore around November 2017 and even started a thread on the other CPFC site at that time stating my opinion. Was shot down of course by the majority but a minority saw it too.

Can't believe he is still getting picked having done zero to prove me wrong since that time.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:20 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
The thread states "Time to sack Benteke" is it for real? yes his past 18 months for us has been what can only be described as disastrous from a scoring point of view.
But if what has been said of him carrying an injury is true, surely we need to give him a chance to prove he can recapture the form and the ability we know does exist, what alternative do we have? firstly when he is under contract for the next what is it 18/24 months also who would buy him with his hefty contract.
I suggest for the next SIX games we start Batshuyi solely up front as he more likely to get the goals needed, also to give the formation a better balance by adding the spare player to stiffen the midfield in a solid 4-5-1 formation but use CB off the bench, and hopefully to see us into a safe position.
For the final games of the season bring Benteke back in to lead the line and play Batshuyi in a "10" role as i feel it would be his most effective position, also i am sure we will see Benteke be far more effective working that way. If it backfires, then try and sell in the summer for anything above 10m hopefully to China would be our best option.
If it backfires we are down, now is not the time to get sentimental or play someone who is woefully out of form just because he cost us 30 million . He isn't worth the risk . Our survival is far more important than giving him the time to rediscover his nose for goal.

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 12-02-2019, 01:38 PM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post

Can't believe he is still getting picked having done zero to prove me wrong since that time.
Err, he was out for weeks and is now just coming back...hardly "Still getting picked"

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
We would of gone down without Benteke’s goal his first year so for me that is worth his transfer fee alone.
Sorry but the "his goals kept us up" argument is just not valid.

For starters it implies we would not have stayed up if another striker was there in his place (unless we just played with 10 men all the time), and history has shown is not true as we stayed up three times before him with Gayle, Jerome, Murray, Campbell & Wickham.

It also suggests we should've been relegated last season due to his lack of goals, and likewise this season.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:39 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Sorry but the "his goals kept us up" argument is just not valid.

For starters it implies we would not have stayed up if another striker was there in his place (unless we just played with 10 men all the time), and history has shown is not true as we stayed up three times before him with Gayle, Jerome, Murray, Campbell & Wickham.

It also suggests we should've been relegated last season due to his lack of goals, and likewise this season.

It's perfectly valid.

Benteke's goals and Sakho's shoring up of our creaky defence were the difference between us being in the PL today or thrashing around in the Championship trying to figure out how we're going to pay the leccy bill.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:49 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
It's perfectly valid.

Benteke's goals and Sakho's shoring up of our creaky defence were the difference between us being in the PL today or thrashing around in the Championship trying to figure out how we're going to pay the leccy bill.
And Luka filling the much needed midfield anchor man, PVA/Schlupp covering the gaping hole at left back..... but most of all sacking the fraudulent Pardew
Old 12-02-2019, 03:51 PM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Simple question
How many whipped in crosses for him to head has he had recently ?
Old 12-02-2019, 04:29 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly cromwell View Post
Simple question
How many whipped in crosses for him to head has he had recently ?

A player that cost as much as him and earns as much as him should be able to score with his feet. We create chances as a team
Old 12-02-2019, 05:07 PM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
A player that cost as much as him and earns as much as him should be able to score with his feet. We create chances as a team
As a team we should be playing to our strengths
2 of the best wide men in the league ffs
Old 12-02-2019, 05:11 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He is terrible, I've seen nothing recently to convince me otherwise.
Our style of play is excellent & slick, but it breaks down when it gets near Benteke as he is in-mobile, can't control it & never comes to the ball or cross.
We are lucky to have Batshuayi for a while & we need to use him.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
We should be starting Batshuayi and bringing CB on, see how they work together, I think. I understand we are trying to protect the Benteke investment and give him a chance to shine, but it doesn't feel like it's working.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:21 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
If it backfires we are down, now is not the time to get sentimental or play someone who is woefully out of form just because he cost us 30 million . He isn't worth the risk . Our survival is far more important than giving him the time to rediscover his nose for goal.
Maybe you did not read fully what i had said, i suggested playing Batshuayi as the sole striker and when we are in a SAFE position bring Benteke back for say the last Six league games to lead the line with Batshuayi played in the "10" role, which i feel would be his ideal position and it would also bring the best out of CB play.
The backfire i refer to was in the event of Benteke experiment not working out then we sell him in the summer, it is not a question of getting sentimental but apart from his enormous fee he is on a massive wage and as i mentioned he is not going to be easy to move on, hence why i said we would need to take a hit on his fee and get around 10m.
But surely before we consider discarding him is it not sensible to give him a final chance to prove he still has it? afterall a fully functional Benteke is a perfect fit Centre Forward for Palace's style of play.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:24 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly cromwell View Post
As a team we should be playing to our strengths
2 of the best wide men in the league ffs
Two wide men that like to cut in and cross low/cut back across the box? Our strengths are not crossing or hacking balls into the box anymore.

Benteke gives us a focal point but we're far better at passing into feet these days. He doesn't fit our system and that's why he's going to struggle to score goals.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I can’t think of a top division team in Spain or England that would play to those strengths. He’s not a starter for a top level team, any more.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:53 PM

TomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Hes been out for 6 months ffs! Anyone who watched his rehabilitation video on palace tv and stil reckon hes lazy needs to give their heads a wobble.
It doesn't matter how hard he trains. It matters how hard he plays. He lopes down the field in second gear. He stands and watches balls go past him. He doesn't chase after anything. He might as well be a statue out in front of the stadium. The fact that he happens to be in the right spot at the right time once in a while has a lot of people fooled. But, you know what they say about a broken clock...

I thank God that the bicycle kick against Fulham didn't go in. Otherwise, there would be numerous people on here claiming he was the greatest to ever play for Palace. He's wasting the club's time, money and opportunities to move up. It's almost like Bolasie is back.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:15 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
3 goals and 1 was a pen he nearly missed ........ enough is enough
Old 12-02-2019, 10:46 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
It's perfectly valid.

And yet we stayed up the season before without him and his goals, and the season before that, and our first season with Cameron Jerome as our main striker.

As JacktheBiscuit says there were many other contributions to the team that season. There's also the logic that if we hadn't spent all that money on Benteke in the summer we would have been starting with someone better than Zeki Fryers at left-back.

If his goals "kept us up" then logically his lack of goals last season would've got us relegated. Instead, what happened was the rest of the team had to make up for it and score them, especially Luka, however no one says "Luka's goals kept us up".
Old 12-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOhio View Post
It doesn't matter how hard he trains. It matters how hard he plays. He lopes down the field in second gear. He stands and watches balls go past him. He doesn't chase after anything. He might as well be a statue out in front of the stadium. The fact that he happens to be in the right spot at the right time once in a while has a lot of people fooled. But, you know what they say about a broken clock...

I thank God that the bicycle kick against Fulham didn't go in. Otherwise, there would be numerous people on here claiming he was the greatest to ever play for Palace. He's wasting the club's time, money and opportunities to move up. It's almost like Bolasie is back.
Not understanding your logic there, we desperately need Benteke to recover his form and that bicycle kick could potentially have been the turning point. I agree he does seem to stroll around in 2nd gear but he has proved he can be an effective striker at Villa and we need that player.

Comparing him to Bolasie is so wrong, Yannick was an important player for us as well as having some amazing skills. If there was a player other than Wilf who could really be argued kept us up it would be him.